Quantcast
Import Chicks Coming To Calgary? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Import Chicks Coming To Calgary?

My Ride
    2004 Yukon Denali

Default Import Chicks Coming To Calgary?

yo, i met this guy by the name of jimmy, from zoomxca.com...
    he told me how he was bringing in all these import model chicks to heavens or something. then he tired selling me tix for like 40 bucks...is this legit????? does anybody know about this???? I haven't been online for the last few weeks, but I remembered seeing an earlier thread about this...is this the same thing???he seemed kinda shady...whats up with this???does anybody know this guy?? I think he was driving a black VW???

My Ride
    RB26-s14

he want AutoDream to sponsor them. But I said no, cause it has absolutely nothing to do with cars.
    AutoDream

My Ride
    335i

He seems to be legit, I think Autozeal is sponsoring them.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Volkswagen

Hey Diesel it's me Jimmy...I'm actually still throwing the event however I'm no longer with ZoomxCA. The reason why I might have seemed shady about it is because of the people I was dealing with at Zoomx.
    I won't go into details about my fallout with ZoomX because its all irrelevant now, all that matters is that the event is still happening without any sponsors and without Zoomx involvement. I'm doing it with my own company Flaunt Productions.
    I'm bringing Tila Nguyen up for the launch of the new fridays at Heavens Nightclub called Flaunt It Fridays. We're launching with 'A Playboy Night' featuring Tila on January 17th. You can expect to start hearing the radio ads on Kiss 969 starting tommorow Thursday the 9th and seeing posters and flyers starting either Friday or Saturday of this week.
    We were going to bring up Sasha Singleton and Nikki Cash for this event as well but since I left ZoomX some plans had to be changed and if this event is successful Sasha would like to come in Febuary.
    So I know all of this has been a rumor until now but it's the real deal. I'll try to have Tila post the event on her site by this weekend (she just got back from a 2 week vacation). Hopefully this will help to ease some of the skepticism surrounding this event.
    Also what is sr20det95 talking about??? How can you say that import models have nothing to do with cars?? Have you ever read an import magazine without an import model posing on the cover or in the articles?? That's all I have to say about that.

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by jimmyhat
    Also what is sr20det95 talking about??? How can you say that import models have nothing to do with cars?? Have you ever read an import magazine without an import model posing on the cover or in the articles?? That's all I have to say about that.
    I think he was reffering to the fact that the actual event has nothing to do with cars...

Melinda

My Ride
    Volkswagen

Originally this event was meant to promote the import culture in Calgary. Unfortunately with all the skepticism about import models coming here I had to redirect the focus of the night.
    The problem was that the majority of the after market tunershops didn't think that this event would happen and didn't want their names to be attached to an event that might have failed. I can understand this, any good business person must take that into consideration. Well the problem with that is if you're not willing to take a chance to promote the culture in Calgary it'll never thrive.
    We're already at a disadvantage because of our short season to showcase Calgary's talent and cars. Unlike Vancouver or US cities where weather is much milder allowing for longer 'cruising' seasons.
    What I was trying to do is start promoting import culture early in the year so that by spring or summer Calgary would be known for bringing such events to our town. But with the lack of support I could not continue in that direction.
    The reason I'm still continuing with this event is that 1)To prove to everyone that these people (and remember these models are just 'people') would come to our city, and 2)Well it'll be a good party! haha
    So I hope that kind of helps with any misunderstanding =)

My Ride
    02 Sonic Blue, Mustang GT, Drop Top

Originally this event was meant to promote the import culture in Calgary. Unfortunately with all the skepticism about import models coming here I had to redirect the focus of the night.
    The problem was that the majority of the after market tunershops didn't think that this event would happen and didn't want their names to be attached to an event that might have failed. I can understand this, any good business person must take that into consideration. Well the problem with that is if you're not willing to take a chance to promote the culture in Calgary it'll never thrive.
    We're already at a disadvantage because of our short season to showcase Calgary's talent and cars. Unlike Vancouver or US cities where weather is much milder allowing for longer 'cruising' seasons.
    What I was trying to do is start promoting import culture early in the year so that by spring or summer Calgary would be known for bringing such events to our town. But with the lack of support I could not continue in that direction.
    The reason I'm still continuing with this event is that 1)To prove to everyone that these people (and remember these models are just 'people') would come to our city, and 2)Well it'll be a good party! haha
    So I hope that kind of helps with any misunderstanding =)

LOL.....

My Ride
    Honda Civic

what happened with zooomx canada?

My Ride
    Volkswagen

There was a whole bunch of stuff that didn't tickle my fancy with the rep. I am in no way knocking Zoomx.com. Just the rep that was taking care of the Canadian Division.
    He had no means of throwing such an event as he was homeless, jobless and pennyless (things I found out after I already started working for him)
    So I decided that I'd be better off throwing this event with my own company.
    I also found out that he had scammed a number of others in the past including BeatMatrix and others. I didn't want my name attached to such a person.

My Ride
    Honda Civic

He had no means of throwing such an event as he was homeless, jobless and pennyless (things I found out after I already started working for him)
    homeless yet he must have a computer, pennyless yet he must have been able to build and design a website, prolly pay for the rights to call his site zoomx and probably do some photoshoots?? ...jobless who knows. hhhmmm ...zoomx canada still seems like they are still promoting YOUR party on their website. Honestly i dunno who to beleive anymore.

My Ride
    Volkswagen

Well you can believe who you want to believe. If you'd like to believe a website that isn't running and spells "Janurary" like I just did go right ahead.
    Also the event is at Heavens and you can call them 234.8887. Not at the drink like the flyer on that website says.

My Ride
    02 Sonic Blue, Mustang GT, Drop Top

Well you can believe who you want to believe. If you'd like to believe a website that isn't running and spells "Janurary" like I just did go right ahead.
    Also the event is at Heavens and you can call them 234.8887. Not at the drink like the flyer on that website says.

im proud of you jimmyhat . can I have your autograph ?