Quantcast
Official MMA Thread - Page 187 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 187 of 298 FirstFirst ... 177 186 187 188 197 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 5952

Thread: Official MMA Thread

I'm only reading play by plays, but griffin and koscheck were surprises.

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    I'm only reading play by plays, but griffin and koscheck were surprises.
    Can't say I'm surprised by either of those fights ending the way they did, Griffin was my pick via split so. But as for Koscheck going to the ground was his only way to victory, he could have tried to prove his stand up as much as he could but it would have been a ticking time bomb against Johnson.

Calling BS though Koscheck won sub of the night with that ugly RNC, when Sotiropoulos had a sick arm compression to armbar or Kendal's omaplata should have taken the honors

No, I'm not surprised the way the fights were won, but just by who win them,

My Ride
    95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster

Originally posted by CKY

Can't say I'm surprised by either of those fights ending the way they did, Griffin was my pick via split so. But as for Koscheck going to the ground was his only way to victory, he could have tried to prove his stand up as much as he could but it would have been a ticking time bomb against Johnson.

Calling BS though Koscheck won sub of the night with that ugly RNC, when Sotiropoulos had a sick arm compression to armbar or Kendal's omaplata should have taken the honors
    I had Gump 29-28 (first round I had even with about 30 seconds left, Griffin took it with the late control. Second, Tito all the way, third was obviously Griffin's. Don't know what Tito's problem was in the third...of course one of the judges called it 30-27, but that's just to remind people that it's the UFC )

Also agree on the SOTN- I would have given it to Sotiropolous.

My Ride
    Subaru GR

Originally posted by CKY

I think Kos got Sub of the night cause he has no sub game at all (you can tell with his Dan Severn RNC attempt, switch to arm on bicep with hand behind head)....where as Georgie boy and Kendal do, BTW Kendal locked in a Triangle not omaplata....
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

Originally posted by 1-Bar

I think Kos got Sub of the night cause he has no sub game at all (you can tell with his Dan Severn RNC attempt, switch to arm on bicep with hand behind head)....where as Georgie boy and Kendal do, BTW Kendal locked in a Triangle not omaplata....
    Sorry, misread the sherdog play by play, I was wondering how an omaplata can get beat out by a RNC

My Ride
    Subaru GR

^^very true, but gogo > all
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

damn missed the fights, where can i watch em online?

Originally posted by 1-Bar
    ^^very true, but gogo > all
    I gotta put flying armbar and the impossible inverted triangle by Imada above a gogoplata, nevertheless they're all disgustingly slick submissions. I just wish there was a higher caliber of submission fighters and more respect from North American fans for ground work

what's with Koschek pretending his eye was hurt. he was getting his ass kicked at that point. Johnson lost all of his momentum after that.

there's a pretty good pic floating around on sherdog that's shows him getting it right in the eye it was legit.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Yeah, I don't know if Rogan is blind, or if he doesn't know his right from his left, but you could clearly see Johnson's right pinkie raking across Koscheck's left eye in every replay from the side.
    You could tell Johnson back right off that knee as soon as he threw it. Didn't have anything on it.

Ortizis a fucking moron. The fans weren't booing you because you lost you fucking retard, they were booing you because you immediately had all these serious fucking injuries to use as excuses 3 seconds after you lost, just like you always have.
    If people weren't retarded, this would be the last time Tito is any sort of a draw. Why anyone would actively seek to pay money to watch him fight is beyond me.
    Every fucking time that guy loses, it's always "My back was hurt. My knee was injured, etc etc ect." Maybe he does have injuries, but so does everybody else. When other fighters lose, they don't immediately start with the "Oh, and I had bulged discs...uh. numbers c3 and s5 I think right guys? Yeah, that's it... And my skull is cracked. And my dog died. And someone mispronounced my name. blah blah blah".
    Was anyone surprised that the first words out his mouth were excuses.

This is why Tito will never get the respect that Chuck, Randy, Anderson, GSP, Hughes, etc get. Because he's an excuse maker. I think it's also the reason he'll never be champ again. If you are unable to accept your loses and learn from them, you're not going to get very far in today's MMA.

FWIW: This is exactly why his stupid ass had to pay for his own fucking back surgery. If he wasn't so gung-ho on using it as an excuse for his loses, it would have been covered by his insurance.

While I'm happy to see Tito lose, I have absolutely no interest in seeing Tito/Griffin III, and I would hope that Forrest has better things to do as well. Even thought he lost, I'd still like to see Tito get fed to Anderson.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride

Originally posted by TKRIS

FWIW: This is exactly why his stupid ass had to pay for his own fucking back surgery. If he wasn't so gung-ho on using it as an excuse for his loses, it would have been covered by his insurance.
    ok, you had me until this part.

My Ride

http://www.411mania.com/politics/columns/105062

Dana White
    We didn't not pay for his (surgery), the insurance company denied his claim because that (expletive) monkey gets out there and starts saying after the fight is over, ‘I was injured before this fight. That's why I looked like (expletive).' He's always had an excuse for why he's losing. Because he said he hurt his back before the fight, the insurance company said, ‘We heard you say you were injured before the fight and we're not going to cover your claim.'

My Ride
    94 Teg

WTF whybisnt ultimate fighter on? It's supposed to be! Even spike website says so?! Bullshit
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Wow, the only time I have agreed with what Dana White has had to say.
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by SneakyNeek
    WTF whybisnt ultimate fighter on? It's supposed to be! Even spike website says so?! Bullshit
    Next week they are showing 2 episodes with 4 fights. All before the Finale later on in the week I think

----

UFC 108 is cursed. Gonzaga out with Staph aswell leaving Dos Santos without a opponent.

My Ride

oh ok I see what you mean now- I read it a different way in your first post- my bad.

And I'd like to see Pat Miletich show that fuckhead White that you don't have to be smart to stick your foot up a bigmouth's ass.

Has Cung Le ever been tested on the ground before?

My Ride

Don't think so.
    And they sure as hell aren't letting that happen with the Smith fight.
    He has decent takedown defense, and control in the clinch.
    Shields gives him problems, IMO.
    Mayhem has the tools to do so as well.
    Cung Le is a good striker who'll never be a major factor at 185, IMO. He's not a terribly well rounded fighter, and his standup isn't good enough to make up for the that. Especially as long as Anderson is alive.
    I don't he's done anything that warrants him cracking the top 10, or even 15, at 185.
    A win over Shields would make him relevant.
    Smith is a tune up fight.
    Le's biggest asset is his lack of stiff competition in Strikeforce. Palhares, Sonnen, etc. would give him big problems before he even thinks about sniffing the top of the food chain.
    That said, I like Scott Smith. He always comes to fight, and win or lose, he usually makes sure the other guy knows it as well. I'm pulling for an upset. He's got a hell of a chin, lead hands, and he's not going to fuck around like some other guys have.

Page 187 of 298 FirstFirst ... 177 186 187 188 197 ... LastLast