Quantcast
Official MMA Thread - Page 191 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 191 of 298 FirstFirst ... 181 190 191 192 201 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 5952

Thread: Official MMA Thread

My Ride
    95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster

Originally posted by redevil
    wow, that was a big gash on the forehead of Sanchez!!
    Sanchez was totally outmatched by Penn.
    that cut made my skin crawl

I talked to support, they said they can't credit the account until 24 hours after the event which is when it shows up. I'll call them Monday and tell 'em I'm a cheap son of a bitch that will take any opportunity to save money.

HUGE GASH!

What a great night. Very happy for Mir and Penn. Upset with Guida's performance but hopefully this means a quick Penn vs Florien rematch.

mibs. i'm going to force a credit on the bill for the month

. HAHA

and i agree. guida.. just wow.

Originally posted by gam0s
    eff this. shaw cable isn't getTIN' my 50bucks for this fight. regardless if it came back, i didnt pay to miss the 2nd round. GOD
    If you stick on the same channel, it might give you the replay for free (starts at 11:30). It hasn't happened in a while though......

After on hold for 30+ minutes, I asked for the replay at 11:30 with the full charge remaining, but NO.
    The stance is a partial PPV credit and the guy said the problem was nation-wide.
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

My Ride
    '05 Acura TL

No problems on bell!
    Originally posted by edde
    its called sarcasim you fucking idiot

Man when I saw BJ hitting mitts in the open workout I knew it was going to be along night for diego, insane power & speed were on display almost a 100% improvement it seemed like.

I'm a little disappointed with Kongo I wanted him to KO Mir but Mir showed that hes pretty legit with that win. I'd like to see Nog vs Mir 2 instead of Cain vs Mir.

Florian was very impressive tonight too great boxing.

Belcher and Gouveia threw down the whole fight too great to watch.

This was easily the best UFC since 100/102.

My Ride
    Corvette

Originally posted by mwmhong

If you stick on the same channel, it might give you the replay for free (starts at 11:30). It hasn't happened in a while though......

After on hold for 30+ minutes, I asked for the replay at 11:30 with the full charge remaining, but NO.
    The stance is a partial PPV credit and the guy said the problem was nation-wide.
    Nation-wide across Shaw I suppose, I had friends watching it live on the East coast without any interuptions.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Guida's huge burp when he was getting checked up on was pretty funny.
    What was Mir's weight when he fought Brock the second time? I vaguely remember in the 230-240 range (234 (for some reason)to be precise), 264.5 now! He's prepping big time.

Oh man did BJ give it to him, What about that cut on Deigo's face? Are you kidding me, thats gonna be atleast 30 stitches.

Diego lost it a minute into Round 1 and just survived throughout the fight. He took alot of damage, props to him on his will and determination... but BJ is in another league!!

We need another BJ vs. GSP soon!

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Great performance, but I do not need to see BJ vs GSP again soon.
    Let's not get caught up in the MMAth.

Georges is, arguably, as talented and skilled a fighter as BJ, but he's far bigger, far stronger, and his style matches up almost perfectly.
    Maybe the day will come that BJ gets good enough (or GSP slips enough) that he'll be able to beat St.Pierre, but that day is not today, or tomorrow.
    Once BJ defends again, if he wants to move up to 170, he should have to get 2-3 wins over top competition before he's allowed another championship fight. No sense tying up both belts for months and months and months again just to watch BJ get steamrolled again.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

I think the Frankie Edgar vs. Tyson Griffin rematch would work out timing wise for the #1 contender. The winner of Maynard vs Diaz should match up against Florian. The division sure is looking slim (no pun intended) tho, they need to aquire some overseas talent. Aoki, Alvarez, Kawijiri, Hansen would all be welcome additions. I have no interest in seeing BJ at 170lbs again.

edit: winner of Thompson vs. Melendez should get an invite into the UFC as well.
    Last edited by Wildcat; 12-14-2009 at 04:32 PM.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride

Yeah, they're the best fights for BJ, but I really don't see any of them winning. There is nothing any of them do as well as anything BJ does. Not even magic pants could save them. And it'd cost a fortune to get Aoki, and he wouldn't be a draw. And they'd be basically admitting that the UFC didn't have a monopoly on LW talent.

Better idea I've heard kicked around is doing a co-promotion with Dream.
    The LWs are the showcase of that division. Let BJ go over there and put a horribly lopsided beating on all their top lightweights.

Alvarez, Hellboy, JZ, Aoki, etc. all great fighters, but lets be serious. I don't think anyone them have an actual shot here.
    So do the co-promotion.
    That way, the UFC can combat their image of being control freaks, show that they do, indeed, have the best fighters in the world (LW, anyway), and destroy the flagship division of a rival organization.

The only way that doesn't work is if BJ loses. And while anything can happen, I think we all know that's extremely unlikely.

Anyone had any luck getting credited back yet? If so (or not) what was your story like over the phone?

The BJ fight was pure domination. BJ outstruck Sanchez 150 to 8, and defeneded every one of Sanchez's 27 takedown attempts. It wasn't even a fight IMO. And what was with Sanchez's anger at the start haha, he looked like a clown.

The UFC definitely needs some more talent, there are too many fighters that are so far above the rest, title defenses are hardly even worth it anymore. I also think they should split the heavyweight class into heavy and super heavy, so there can't be any guys fighting with 60lb weight advantages.

Lightweight: BJ Penn
    Welterweight: GSP
    Middleweight: Anderson Silva
    Light Heavy: Machida/Shogun/Anderson Silva (Anderson and Machida will never fight because their training partners, so I kind of hope Shogun takes the belt so I get to see an Anderson/Shogun)
    Heavyweight: A litte better competition here, with Lesnar, Mir, Noguera, and Carwin.

These guys are just so far ahead of the competition its ridiculous, and now after waiting a long time since his last fight, they are feeding Dan Hardy to GSP for most likely the most unexciting fight of the year, and then we weill wait another while to see GSP again.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 12-15-2009 at 10:52 AM.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

^So we can get super heavy and super duper heavy down the road? The heavyweight weight class is already thin as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

Originally posted by TKRIS

The only way that doesn't work is if BJ loses. And while anything can happen, I think we all know that's extremely unlikely.

Who was the favorite in the fight between Rampage and Liddell over in Pride?

My Ride
    Mexi Poke EK, 636

These guys are just so far ahead of the competition its ridiculous, and now after waiting a long time since his last fight, they are feeding Dan Hardy to GSP for most likely the most unexciting fight of the year, and then we weill wait another while to see GSP again.

I dont agree with that, I think GSP has advantage but on the ground,after his last fight GSP is being a big pussy when it comes to standup all he wants to do is lube up and keep it on the ground.
    Hardy on the other hand has a crazy chin and some really good standup IMO so if hardy can keep it standing then it should be a ok fight.
    And the next time GSP gets in the ring with bj he is tottaly done.
    GSP grinds my gears he is such a pussy for not moving up in weight. He is maxxed out every fight, HARDLY taking any risks.
    Sure its nice to stay champ but at somepoint you should make a effort to be even better.

Fuckem I hope BJ takes his belt.
    Originally posted by SRT
    Toyota knows exactly what the problem is (well, atleast the acceleration one) and its a software issue.

They are just waiting until NASA plasters it for the media and that, my friends, will be the final nail in the coffin.

RIP Toyota.

My Ride
    Mexi Poke EK, 636

The only unexciting thing about The gsp and hardy fight is GSP.
    Fuck i hate that skinhead.
    Originally posted by SRT
    Toyota knows exactly what the problem is (well, atleast the acceleration one) and its a software issue.

They are just waiting until NASA plasters it for the media and that, my friends, will be the final nail in the coffin.

RIP Toyota.

My Ride

Originally posted by eiysa101

Who was the favorite in the fight between Rampage and Liddell over in Pride?
    Chuck was coming off a loss to Randy. Rampage was coming off 4-5 straight wins in MMA, including the destruction of Randleman and Igor, and 2 wins over Abidi in K-1. So I guess who the "favorite" was depends on whether or not you were paying attention to MMA outside of the USA.
    If anyone thinks Aoki would (or could) beat BJ, they're insane.
    Aoki is BJ Penn Lite.
    Ground game is comperable. But Aoki was zero standup, zero wrestling, a fairly suspect chin, and zero chance of getting BJ on his back. Aoki tries to buttflop, and BJ caves his head in inside the first 3 minutes.
    A lot of people have Aoki as #2 in the world. Maybe true, but stylistically, BJ is a fucking nightmare for him. Aoki has 1 skill, BJJ, and Penn is at least as good at that as Aoki is, in addition to also being excellent everywhere else.

As far as GSP not having standup and getting his ass kicked my Penn anytime in the future:
    http://www.fightmetric.com/fights/GSP-PennII.html

Since his loss to Serra, GSP has proven that he can beat anyone put in front of them, and beat them at their own game. He outwrestled Koscheck, outstruck Alves, beat fitch in a war of attrition, out-everything'd BJ.
    How much better could he possibly be?

GSP destroyed Penn. And there is absolutely no indication that he wouldn't do it again. Especially considering how much mass and strength GSP developed for the Alves fight.
    Weight classes exist for a reason. In order for someone to move up above their natural weight class, there has to be enough of a discrepancy in skill to make up for the difference in size. And with BJ/GSP, there just isn't. Same with GSP/Silva, IMO.

Also, GSP/Hardy stays standing only is GSP decides he wants to keep it standing (Hardy has no say in the matter), and he beats him there too. Just like he out-struck BJ and Alves (both of whom would also destroy Hardy, IMO). Hardy hits hard, but aside from that, GSP is lightyears ahead of him in every conceivable way.

My Ride
    TypeR

If you think GSP sucks you know nothing about mma period.

Page 191 of 298 FirstFirst ... 181 190 191 192 201 ... LastLast