Quantcast
Official MMA Thread - Page 199 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 199 of 298 FirstFirst ... 189 198 199 200 209 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,980 of 5952

Thread: Official MMA Thread

My Ride
    Subaru GR

yeah Nate's wrestling looking horrible for who he trains with....it always looked like he fell into guard, and to make it worse he did nothing off his back except that one 'bo that cut Sonnen.....I was expecting a more faster paced fight like the Damian Maia fight. I was very disappointed indeed

Poor Swick, took a heavy left then D'arced.....
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Looks like Vitor is out with a shoulder injury.
    Rumors say that Dana White has confirmed Silva will still fight, and that it will be at 185.
    Chael's suspension is up in early March. While I don't think it's a great move, I could see him taking the fight with a short training camp.

I wouldn't really blame him. With the amount of injuries that have been going around, and Anderson jumping back and forth between two weight classes, who knows when he'll actually get his shot, especially if someone else takes his place here. He's technically next in line, but he might not get that fight for a year if he doesn't take it now. Plus, with all the shit he's been saying, it's a very sell-able fight right now.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

What did Chael get suspended for?

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

Injury - cut to forehead and busted nose.
    I'd vote for him. America may have a black guy, but we'd have captain fucking Kirk.

My Ride

Every fighter gets handed a medical suspension after their fight. How long it is depends on what injuries they have.

Originally posted by Str1der
    Injury - cut to forehead and busted nose.
    If you watched the fight, you'll noticed that pint of blood he poured on Nate from that cut.

Not a fan of the Maia choice to fight Anderson. I think there a very high chance it'll be an exact replay of the Leites fight. Anderson has too much repect and love for fellow countrymen and won't go in for the kill or embarass them via showboating (a la Forrest).

My Ride
    Subaru GR

hmmm, Maia/Silva....I dunno, Nate obliterated Maia last fight, and I doubt Maia can get this thing to the ground with him on top.....Unless the venue inspires Silva to do some grade a freakin' grappling....
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    Corvette

I can only assume this weekends PPV will not be live? It still starts at the usual 8pm mst right?

Originally posted by BigShow
    I can only assume this weekends PPV will not be live? It still starts at the usual 8pm mst right?
    Yeah its at 8pm as usual. Normally, like with Britain events, you can watch it live at 1pm and also at 8pm, but it doesn't look like they are doing that for Australia. I usually just get the 8pm shows anyways, and make sure not to talk to anyone or read any news until then.

As for Maia/Silva, it is going to be a clown show, just like GSP/Hardy. Maia's gettin KO'd for sure. It's great we get to see the champions fight and all, but neither opponent is deserving of a title shot and neither are anywhere close to the same league as the champions. Vegas odds are going to be ridiculous.

It's too bad Henderson left the UFC because they wouldn't give him a title shot right away again, because they would have given him one now I suspect (instead of getting Maia to step up). He's probably the only guy who has even a small chance of beating Silva at Middleweight.

I'm most interested to see Silva fight the guys in the upper end of the LHW division, except he won't fight Machida because they are training partners, so his most worth opponent is likely Shogun.

As for Saturday's card, I hate Bisping, so I hope Wanderlei KO's him like Henderson did. Nog/Valasquez should be good too. Cro Cop has disappointed lately, and certainly doesn't fight (or kick) like he used to in Pride. I think Bader will beat Jardine, but Jardine has won some unlikely fights before!
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 02-17-2010 at 11:20 AM.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I am hosting a UFC / Poker night at my place tomorrow, and it looks like i got a spot open. We are all decent people and easy to get along with.

$45 covers the night for your poker entry fee, 6 beers, the UFC fight on PPV on my 52" LCD, and food.

making pulled pork, a bacon explosion, sweedish meatballs, meat / cheese/ pickels ect...

let me know asap if you want to come. we are all really easy to talk to and get along with, and we have capped the people attending to 8.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

The event start at 8pm here like usual because it starts at 2pm Aussie time, so it will be live. Pretty good idea IMO.

It's too bad Rothwell couldn't fight, maybe Cro Cop might actually get a W.

Nog > Cain 2 RD KO
    Wand > Bisping 1 RD KO
    Stevenson > Sotiropoulos Unanimous Dec.
    Bader > Jardine Unanimous Dec.
    Cro Cop > Perosh 3 RD TKO Via the replacement running out of gas/quitting.
    Krzystof > Bonnar Unanimous Dec.
    Lytle > Foster 2 RD KO
    Reljic > CB 2 RD Armbar
    Michael Scott: "Do I want to be feared or loved? Um... easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

'that guy needs an amberlamps"

Great card tonight. Christ it's been a while.

My Ride
    09 e92 335i

Originally posted by Wildcat
    Great card tonight. Christ it's been a while.

Cain must sleep on stones if he has pillow fists.

Sad day for Big Nog fans, unfortunately I don't think he's got it in him to have another title run.

Originally posted by nightfx

Cain must sleep on stones if he has pillow fists.

Sad day for Big Nog fans, unfortunately I don't think he's got it in him to have another title run.
    Sadly I'll have to agree, this TKO confirmed that his lights are out, just like Chuck and Wand. I still blame Big Nog for being stupid and taking the Mir fight though, first time ever his lights went out and he wasn't even close to 100% for that fight. All you need is just that one KO and the chin is all downhill.

BS stoppage on Nog IMO, his head wasn't even on the ground, he was up the instant the fight got called, until the doctors laid him down as a precaution. When he was in Pride, he got out of worse situations than that and won fights, that's how he operates, if the UFC is going to keep calling early stoppages on him (like in the Mir fight too), then his best strategy doesn't work. It's no coincidence that in nearly 50 fights, his only "TKOs" have been in the UFC against worse opponents than he regularly fought in Pride (like Fedor). Just my opinion of course, but that was a horrible call. If that was a TKO on Nog, Wanderlei "TKO'd" Bisping at least twice before that fight went to the judges and it was never called. I still think Herb Dean is the best ref in the sport, but that was a brutal call. I'm not saying he was going to win that fight for sure, but it wasn't over.

The guy fighting Cro Cop was a clown. Good on him for taking the fight on early notice but he was a 217lb punching bag for Cro Cop, nothing more. Cro Cop didn't even have to try, he just kept slowly advancing and beating the crap out of him until it got stopped.

Ryan Bader is going places, he dominated Jardine pretty good. Nice to see another promising heavyweight in the sport.

The Joe Daddy fight was a ju jitsu clinic hosted by George, he really surprised me - I thought Joe would of won but he got owned.

And, of course, the best thing of all was Bisping getting owned by Wanderlei. Bisping got saved by the bell no less than 3 times. I hate Bisping and I really like Wanderlei so I was happy to see that unanimous decision, even though if he had 10 more sec in any of the 3 rounds Bisping would of got TKO'd or submitted almost for sure. Bisping's record is amazing, but he loses to anyone good that he fights - one of the most over rated fighters in the sport by far IMO.

Overall a great card. The upcoming cards would be better though if the title defense fights weren't pre-determined as they are. I'm most excited for Carwin/Mir.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 02-22-2010 at 09:53 AM.

Just cause a guy can take a beating doesn't make for a short stoppage. If he was able to get up right away after the fight he should have been able to defend himself. Fact is he got rocked 5 consecutive times when he was on the mat, arms stretched out wide. Sorry if your guy got beat up, but there is no way you can argue that was a short stoppage.

Ryan Bader is a light-heavyweight btw

My Ride

Nog got knocked on his ass, then took several unanswered, undefended, full force blows to the head.
    Because he's Nog, he might have been able to come back from that. He came back from being run over by a truck, but if a ref had been there, he'd have called that fight too.

It was a good stoppage. Nog bounced back quick...after Cain stopped punching him in the head. Nog bounced back quick likely because Cain stopped punching him in the head.
    I'm as big a Minotauro fan as anyone, and I know how resilient he is, but that was a clean stop. You can't have different rules for every guy based on how impervious you think he is to brain damage.
    Cain finally justifies some of the hype, IMO.

I figured George would put a hurting on Joe on the ground, but I didn't expect him to dominate on the feet like that. I was expecting Stevenson to throw harder, but every time he thought about it, he got punched in the face a couple times before he could do anything.
    Last edited by TKRIS; 02-22-2010 at 10:43 AM.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by Wildcat

Just cause a guy can take a beating doesn't make for a short stoppage. If he was able to get up right away after the fight he should have been able to defend himself. Fact is he got rocked 5 consecutive times when he was on the mat, arms stretched out wide. Sorry if your guy got beat up, but there is no way you can argue that was a short stoppage.

I agree, he was rocked and rocked bad. His head bounced off the mat 3 times, arms flailing. The last blow might have knocked him back into consciousness, lol, but I think if they would have let it continue it would have been game over.

I knew George was one of the best functional BJJ MMA fighters out there, but to roll over Stevenson like that is just phenominal, considering Joe daddy's overall ground game IMO was top 5 LW's prior to the fight. (That'd be BJ, Aoki, Ken Flo, Cerrone and Joe Daddy in my books)
    Last edited by CKY; 02-23-2010 at 10:17 PM.

Page 199 of 298 FirstFirst ... 189 198 199 200 209 ... LastLast