Thread: Official MMA Thread

My Ride
    Corvette

Originally posted by Wildcat

Someone's gonna get KTFO!
    Dude we called both those fights!

My Ride
    09 e92 335i

Picked Carwin when they first announced the fight with Lesnar, sticking with my prediction.

Guy's a beast.

Sucks that GSP didn't get the finish, everyone he fights these days are tough dudes who won't quit unless they're KO'd or choked out.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Mir seems so mentally unstable when he talks about Lesnar and now that he won't have his chance it seems like he would commit suicide or something. But damn, Carwin just explosed and Mir seemed like he was out before Carwin got the last 4 or 5 shots on the ground.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

As much as I fucking hate Hardy, I have to give him credit for not tapping in those numerous ridiculously painful submissions. How the fuck his arms didn't snap I'll never know. Maybe his strategy was to do enough yoga to become the most flexible he could in hopes that a tap-out via submission wouldn't be possible

GSP is such a class-act, gotta love the guy. I would love to see him move up a weight class soon. I think in his current one there aren't any real competitors for him.
    Ultracrepidarian

I thought the fights were excellent.

I don't like Mir, so I was happy to see Carwin do what he has done 12 consecutive times now and KO/TKO his opponent in the first round. The first little bit of the fight looked like a Couture fight with Carwin pushing Mir up against the cage, then Carwin just exploded haha. Apparently he wears custom made 5 XXL gloves, bigger than Lesnar's. I am looking forward to Carwin/Lesnar so much, that fight won't go past the first round.

Mir's next fight should be Cain Valasquez(sp) so that should be interesting as well. Mir thinks he is way better than he is, so I'd like to see him lose again. He was making more comments about how he beat Noguera but failed to mention it was recommended Nog be hospitalized when he still decided to fight.

As for GSP, he must of not had those submissions on perfectly, or Hardy would have submitted or been severely injured...probably why GSP said he would have to talk to his BJJ coach right away. I hate hardy as well, I think the guy is a clown, so I was happy to see him lose. He was outclassed in every way, GSP took him down at will, and it seemed like he could get a submission attempt almost at will as well.

GSP/Anderson Silva is one of my dream matchups, and I may get my wish if GSP moves up...apparently he walks around at ~190lbs now so fighting at 185 would be no problem. That said, I would put my money on Anderson Silva if they faught though, he is just too good and is a heavy middleweight (walks around at heavy). Also looking forward to an Anderson/Shogun fight, since he won't fight Machida.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 03-29-2010 at 09:29 AM.

I am more interested in GSP vs. BJ Penn 3...

BJ will take it! He is soo much faster and powerful then he was before (See the Sanchez fight) and that only complements his untouchable ground game.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Hahahaha
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    '05 Acura TL

Originally posted by bimmere92
    I am more interested in GSP vs. BJ Penn 3...

BJ will take it! He is soo much faster and powerful then he was before (See the Sanchez fight) and that only complements his untouchable ground game.

Originally posted by TKRIS
    Hahahaha
    X2
    Originally posted by edde
    its called sarcasim you fucking idiot

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

Not that it was ever official but it looks like UFC 115 is NOT happening in Vancouver.

http://tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=315955

^good, it looked like they were just going to dump a shit card on us anyways. Hopefully now we can hold out for something better.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    Subaru GR

dammit, looks like Vegas in the next option for me to watch a fight....oh well, maybe I'll just watch the WEC card instead.
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

As for GSP, he must of not had those submissions on perfectly, or Hardy would have submitted or been severely injured...probably why GSP said he would have to talk to his BJJ coach right away. I hate hardy as well, I think the guy is a clown, so I was happy to see him lose. He was outclassed in every way, GSP took him down at will, and it seemed like he could get a submission attempt almost at will as well.

I think it was more a case of GSP not wanting to injure his opponent -some guys put a submission on to get a tap- they won't necessarily take it to the breaking point (pun intended). Now, if it was someone like Sakuraba, the first armbar would have put Hardy in the hospital.

I was kind of hoping to hear GSP's corner say something like 'break it if you have to' between rounds (or, even better, during the round ).

My Ride
    Mexi Poke EK, 636

So Gsp is prolly the most boring fight ever.
    And if he doesn’t move up in weight class I will not watch the next fight he has. I understand he is payed to win, and he is gona do what’s best to win, but he is also in the entertainment industry and I am not impressed with him at all, couldn’t submit hardy or knock him out, did not take any chances and played it so safe I went to the washroom and missed the last 4 min of the fight because I wasn’t going to miss anything.

another -1 for GSP, anyone hear what dana had to say..

lol
    Originally posted by SRT
    Toyota knows exactly what the problem is (well, atleast the acceleration one) and its a software issue.

They are just waiting until NASA plasters it for the media and that, my friends, will be the final nail in the coffin.

RIP Toyota.

My Ride
    Subaru GR

F' that....you should be more mad at Dan Hardy for being able to get taken down so easliy and remain there. He's the one fighting to take the belt away, he should have gone balls out and maybe attempt to defend the take down....

Yeah, I read what Dana had to say....casual fans are so fast to turn on the people they cheer for (Silva vs. Leites), then even quicker turn back (Silva vs. Griffin)
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

Originally posted by 95teetee
    I think it was more a case of GSP not wanting to injure his opponent -some guys put a submission on to get a tap- they won't necessarily take it to the breaking point (pun intended). Now, if it was someone like Sakuraba, the first armbar would have put Hardy in the hospital.

I was kind of hoping to hear GSP's corner say something like 'break it if you have to' between rounds (or, even better, during the round ).
    I kind of thought about that too, he seemed to be looking at his corner, and thinking he didn't want to break his arm. Even for someone in the UFC it would take some extra balls to break someone's arm.

On the other hand, I've heard 10 min after the fight he was practicing submissions with his BJJ coach to learn with he did wrong, so who knows.

My Ride
    Subaru GR

Refer to this: bottom of the page

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...pagenumber=194

Guy doesn't want to tap due to pride...well put him on a year vacation!

My Ride
    Acura CL

Originally posted by 95teetee

that's what I was thinking as well until i saw the post fight on ufc.com
    gsp went into the back to see what he did wrong

im surprised gsp didn't stand with dan hardy
    does anyone really think hardy has better stand up then gsp??

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

Originally posted by The_1

that's what I was thinking as well until i saw the post fight on ufc.com
    gsp went into the back to see what he did wrong

im surprised gsp didn't stand with dan hardy
    does anyone really think hardy has better stand up then gsp??
    No, but it only takes one shot. Hardy can't get that shot lying on his back...

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Some people should stick to watching toughman contests on Indian reservations...
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    Z

Originally posted by TKRIS
    Some people should stick to watching toughman contests on Indian reservations...
    I couldn't have said it better myself. Sometimes I wish that TUF never happened. The casual fan in MMA is ridiculous with their band wagon jumping.

Page 202 of 298 FirstFirst ... 192 201 202 203 212 ... LastLast