Quantcast
Official MMA Thread - Page 203 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 203 of 298 FirstFirst ... 193 202 203 204 213 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 5952

Thread: Official MMA Thread

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Sebasshole
    So Gsp is prolly the most boring fight ever.
    And if he doesn’t move up in weight class I will not watch the next fight he has. I understand he is payed to win, and he is gona do what’s best to win, but he is also in the entertainment industry and I am not impressed with him at all, couldn’t submit hardy or knock him out, did not take any chances and played it so safe I went to the washroom and missed the last 4 min of the fight because I wasn’t going to miss anything.

another -1 for GSP, anyone hear what dana had to say..

lol
    What?
    Anyways,
    Blame Hardy for not being able to sprawl. He even got "training" from Serra. What help did that do?

The only shots I remember Hardy even landing were in the very early moments of the first round - he was way to slow. He'd throw a punch, miss, and get taken down virtually every time.
    Originally posted by 1-Bar
    F' that....you should be more mad at Dan Hardy for being able to get taken down so easliy and remain there. He's the one fighting to take the belt away, he should have gone balls out and maybe attempt to defend the take down....
    Yes!

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    GSP/Anderson Silva is one of my dream matchups, and I may get my wish if GSP moves up...apparently he walks around at ~190lbs now so fighting at 185 would be no problem. That said, I would put my money on Anderson Silva if they faught though, he is just too good and is a heavy middleweight (walks around at heavy). Also looking forward to an Anderson/Shogun fight, since he won't fight Machida.
    The thing about moving up for St. Pierre, although easier to cut weight, is that he is at a disadvantage come time to fight because he would be a lot lighter, still, after all the rehydrating and whatnot. Silva is a lot more experienced in jumping around weight classes. I hope Shogun beats Machida, again.

My Ride
    03' SVT Cobra 10th ann vert

Originally posted by 1-Bar
    Refer to this: bottom of the page

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...pagenumber=194

Guy doesn't want to tap due to pride...well put him on a year vacation!
    This fight was awsome shinya aoki is my second best fighter,
    after he destroys melandez I would love to see him take Penn
    and just show him self to the world, crazy guy!

My Ride
    TypeR

If carwin beats brock in the first round by ko he wil be one of the top fighters of all time!!!! When i see him dominate a guy like mir like that it really makes me question if fedor is still the best heavyweight.

Btw dont be hating on gsp did you notice unlike alot of other fighters he is always punching and advancing position???? Honestly i dont know how anyone can hate on a guy who has the greatest takedowns in the game. Anytime you do more then 10 takedowns and you are 100% you are dominating
    Last edited by scboss; 03-30-2010 at 04:21 AM.

I havent seen the fight, did hardy defend any take downs? I read his take down defense was 0!

0 %!!!

My Ride
    Acura CL

there was no takedown defence
    GSP made it look EASY!!

UFC fight night tomorrow
    been waiting to see Gomi in the ufc for a while
    lets see if he's still got it

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    I havent seen the fight, did hardy defend any take downs? I read his take down defense was 0!

0 %!!!
    Absolutely no successful sprawls haha if Hardy got up, Pierre took him right back down.
    100% successful takedowns.

My Ride
    Mexi Poke EK, 636

all im saying is if i wanted to see a wrestling match i would go down to a local highschool to watch one. The most un entertaining fight i have ever seen is GSP, you guys just love him to much for being canadian and have way to much pride for someone that hardly speaks english. lol
    Originally posted by SRT
    Toyota knows exactly what the problem is (well, atleast the acceleration one) and its a software issue.

They are just waiting until NASA plasters it for the media and that, my friends, will be the final nail in the coffin.

RIP Toyota.

My Ride
    kryptonian meteorite

all im saying is if i wanted to see a wrestling match i would go down to a local highschool to watch one. The most un entertaining fight i have ever seen is GSP, you guys just love him to much for being canadian and have way to much pride for someone that hardly speaks english. lol
    you should watch boxing if you wanna see hammer fisting to the face

My Ride
    Bicycle

Cause the high school kids are at his caliber in wrestling? GSP is a fight? What's wrong with being patriotic? He can probably write in English better than you.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Predictions for this weekend?
    Lots of MMA lately, and still a couple more big events to go.
    IMO, CBS is really dropping the ball on promoting Strikeforce. I'm not optimistic that that partnership is going to last much longer. Shame, since the 3 main events on this upcoming card are all fantastic.
    For UFC, I've got:
    Penn
    Silva
    Hughes
    Etim
    Davis

Strikeforce:
    Hendo
    Mousasi
    Melendez
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

so is Strikeforce free on CBS again?

Originally posted by TKRIS
    Predictions for this weekend?
    Lots of MMA lately, and still a couple more big events to go.
    IMO, CBS is really dropping the ball on promoting Strikeforce. I'm not optimistic that that partnership is going to last much longer. Shame, since the 3 main events on this upcoming card are all fantastic.
    For UFC, I've got:
    Penn
    Silva
    Hughes
    Etim
    Davis

Strikeforce:
    Hendo
    Mousasi
    Melendez
    i saw a Strikeforce commercial during the Championship... im not sure how much more they can announce and when. if they are smart they will push it more next week during prime time programming. the event is on the 17th so they have a bit of time still.

your Strikeforce predictions are on point. Aoki is awesome, until you punch him in the face then he is done. if melendez is smart he will keep it on his feet, he has decent standup.

hendo, has just as good wrestling as shields maybe not as good jui jitsu but Hendo is a beast at that weight class. MUCH better then light heavy weight.

king mo is screwed, he hasnt fought anyone good. mousassi is a beast he is so cerebral in all his fights. he can beat you so many ways.

i cant wait til may to see Overeem back in the states

My Ride

Meh. Maybe so.
    I always say shit like that, forgetting that I wouldn't know about it either way.
    I barely watch live tv, so for all I know CBS is running ads every 12 minutes. I'm just going by the fact that no one ever seems to know about these events except the diehards. As evidenced by the poster above you, even people who are MMA fans, and frequent online MMA discussions didn't know this fight was coming up.

Aoki's got a shot, but I just don't see him pulling this off. I hummed and hawed about it for a bit, until I realized that, being an event under unified rules, he wouldn't be able to wear his magical submission pants.
    Taking away Aoki's magic pants is like cutting Samsons hair.

Hendo is too big and strong for Shields, who isn't that strong a 170'er, IMO. His best shot is to grind out a UD like he did to Mayhem, but I don't think he's got the wrestling or the power to control Hendo like that. Hopefully Dan brings a more varied standup plan than "load up right hand and swing for fences".

It's too early for King Mo to fight Mousasi. Mo's not going to be able to control Mousasi's hips even if he gets on top, he's not going to be able to get him flustered and retreating, and he's not going to catch him trying to think of what to do next. I think Mousasi is just too organic/fluid a fighter for Mo to be able to beat at this point.

I'm looking forward to Overeem too. I think he'll destroy Rogers. The variable in that fight, as far as I'm concerned, is how well Overeem will acclimate to whatever cycle he's going to have to adopt in order to piss clean. He's spent a lot of time now being able to cycle his juice solely for performance gains, so I wonder if having to work it around testing is going to change that, or put him off his game.

i think the big problem is turning the UFC fans into MMA fans as they are not one in the same. some of my friends only watch UFC and and think everything else is bushleague. the UFC has done such a great job marketing and promoting their brand that if you are not aficionado you have no idea there is other great leagues out there.

buddy had a point though, the last Strikeforce was on Superchannel which i dont get because the channel is crap. pure pure crap. i dont think Strikeforce is ready yet to do PPVs. hell i dont think WEC is ready to do them either, they are a great organization but even with the UFC's blessing do they really think they have that big of a draw?

UFC 112 Predictions
    Silva is going to beat Maia. second round KO
    Penn is going to mangle Edgar, second round tap out
    Renzo 3rd round decision

rest of the card no real opinion nor care who wins

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

The Spider isn't Canadian and he's my favorite fighter in the UFC. GSP is just a strong fighter and EXTREMELY respectable. It's why people are fans of him. It's why I'm a fan of him. Him being Canadian is just the icing on the cake.
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by bimmere92
    so is Strikeforce free on CBS again?
    It will be either on CBS or Showtime, depending on the agreement that is reached. I think CBS might be confirmed now though.

UFC 112 will be good as usual, but once again the main event is as close to a predetermined outcome as it can possibly be. Silva won't go to the ground with Maia (even though he could hold his own there) so he will just defend takedowns and destroy Maia with his stand-up. 1-2 rounds max until a KO or TKO.

The most exciting fights coming up IMO are Carwin/Lesnar in July and the Shogun/Machida rematch in May because all those guys are so evenly matched.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 04-09-2010 at 10:07 AM.

It sounds like you should be watching boxing or WWE if all you care about is the show that is put on or punches to the face. If you can't appreciate the skill involved and importance of things like wrestling, take downs, BJJ, etc. I don't think UFC is for you. For me, anyways, that's a big part of the enjoyment.

My Ride

Now, if I was the kind to buy into conspiracy theories and conjecture, I'd be tempted to put a small wager on Silva/Maia.

Everytime the topic comes up, Silva seems intent on retiring or doing something drastic. It's Ed Soares who keeps refuting these rumors.
    Silva keeps saying he's going to quit (or whatever), and his manager jumps on the mic saying "oh no. You must have misunderstood. Anderson is going to keep fighting..."

Like I said, if I were inclined to believe in stuff like this, I'd say this would be a good opportunity for Anderson to get out, leave the belt with a guy he likes, and do something else instead of being tied to the UFC MW division.

Originally posted by TKRIS
    Now, if I was the kind to buy into conspiracy theories and conjecture, I'd be tempted to put a small wager on Silva/Maia.

Everytime the topic comes up, Silva seems intent on retiring or doing something drastic. It's Ed Soares who keeps refuting these rumors.
    Silva keeps saying he's going to quit (or whatever), and his manager jumps on the mic saying "oh no. You must have misunderstood. Anderson is going to keep fighting..."

Like I said, if I were inclined to believe in stuff like this, I'd say this would be a good opportunity for Anderson to get out, leave the belt with a guy he likes, and do something else instead of being tied to the UFC MW division.
    I would think if he retires, he'd rather go out with a belt rather than throw a fight and give it to Maia...unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. If he leaves with the belt, 2 people will fight for it, and he won't have a say who gets it.

Page 203 of 298 FirstFirst ... 193 202 203 204 213 ... LastLast