Quantcast
Official MMA Thread - Page 210 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 210 of 298 FirstFirst ... 200 209 210 211 220 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,200 of 5952

Thread: Official MMA Thread

My Ride
    Subaru GR

I always was against "illegal knees", I like the Pride rules instead. Kneeing downed opponents, soccer kicks but no elbows to the face....

More good fights have been halted from dumb cuts caused by elbows then from illegal knees IMO
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by slowboy
    Someone should tell Koscheck MMA isn't soccer. That was pathetic. And yes, the only reason he said he was OK was bec. everyone saw the instant replay on the big screen.
    QFT.

he was playing it up until he saw the replays on the big screen. Even Joe Rogan said he might want to stop...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Originally posted by slowboy

There's a huge difference between the Jones elbow and the Daly knee.
    That "Whooshing" sound is my point flying over your head.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

I also read today that Koscheck STILL maintains he was hit by the knee, and that he said Daley covered his body in oil before the fight and Koscheck could "smell it".

I fully support the Daley expulsion, however I do find a couple things hypocritical about this entire ordeal:

- Henderson hit Bisping after he was knocked out, and has acknowledged that he knew Bisping was out cold before he hit him with the flying punch. He wasn't reprimanded in any way. On the flip side, when Bobalu admitted to holding onto a choke hold a little longer to put Heath asleep, he was fired from the UFC as a direct result. Daley's post-bell hit is no different than either of the above situations really.

- Isn't the UFC looking at Shields? he was involved in the Strikeforce brawl which was obviously post-bell.

- Anderson Silva will be kicked out if he runs around in the ring again, and that isn't against the rules - he still won the fight. As bad as it was, I've seen even less exciting fights than that before. When you consider that, I would think blatant diving should have similar consequences because it is just as bad if not worse for the sport, IMO.

It just seems like there are no firm rules in place for these types of things when there probably should be.

I was watching some old pride fights the other day, and they are so much better. If there isn't any action for even a few seconds, the ref stands the fighters up.

There are no rules because the UFC has all the fighters by the balls. If the fighters ever want to hope to be treated equally or fairly, they're going to need to organize. That's the bottom line. Until they do, each will be subjected to Dana's every whim, and he will remain their boss and you can know with certainty he can do as he wishes with their contracts - and they can do fuck all about their contracts.

My Ride

Henderson hit bisping during the fight: not punished
    Babalu holds choke well after red calls the fight: Punished
    Daley sucker punches Koscheck 10 seconds
    after the fight
    has ended: Punished.

See a trend here?
    No one has a problem with you beating a guy up during the time your supposed to be beating the guy up.
    It becomes a problem when you try to do it after the fight is over.

Not rocket science: You fight until
    the fight is over. Refs and bells dictate when fights end.

EDIT: spelling, grammar, and formatting errors are the result of a combination of fat fingers and an iPhone.
    Last edited by TKRIS; 05-10-2010 at 02:16 PM.

Originally posted by spikers

QFT.

he was playing it up until he saw the replays on the big screen. Even Joe Rogan said he might want to stop...
    Edited...
    Last edited by slowboy; 05-10-2010 at 02:24 PM.

My Ride

Glad to see it's not only my point that you're missing. Lol

Originally posted by TKRIS
    Henderson hit bisping during the fight: not punished
    Babalu holds choke well after red calls the fight: Punished
    Daley sucker punches Koscheck 10 seconds
    after the fight
    has ended: Punished.

See a trend here?
    No one has a problem with you beating a guy up during the time your supposed to be beating the guy up.
    It becomes a problem when you try to do it after the fight is over.

Not rocket science: You fight until
    the fight is over. Refs and bells dictate when fights end.

EDIT: spelling, grammar, and formatting errors are the result of a combination of fat fingers and an iPhone.
    Do you see Anderson's antics being significantly different than Koscheck's diving? Just curious.

Also what about the UFC taking on fighters involved in the Strikeforce post-bell brawl?

It just seems as though there ought to be some more clear cut rules surrounding certain things, that's all.

Glad to see it's not only my point that you're missing. Lol
    Lol. Mistook QFT for another meaning.

My Ride

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Do you see Anderson's antics being significantly different than Koscheck's diving? Just curious.

Also what about the UFC taking on fighters involved in the Strikeforce post-bell brawl?

It just seems as though there ought to be some more clear cut rules surrounding certain things, that's all.
    yes, there's a huge difference:
    Anderson's refusal to engage IS illegal, and Koschecks alleged acting is not. What Anderson did is AGAINST the rules, and what Koscheck supposedly did is not. Is that a big enough of a difference?
    Shield's actions were in Strikeforce. The only way the comparison is relevant would be if Dana said no other organization should pick Daley up, which he did not, as far as I can tell.

The rules are actually pretty clear, if you give them a read sometime.

yes, there's a huge difference:
    Anderson's refusal to engage IS illegal, and Koschecks alleged acting is not. What Anderson did is AGAINST the rules, and what Koscheck supposedly did is not. Is that a big enough of a difference?
    Shield's actions were in Strikeforce. The only way the comparison is relevant would be if Dana said no other organization should pick Daley up, which he did not, as far as I can tell.

The rules are actually pretty clear, if you give them a read sometime.
    I've seen plenty of fights where people refuse to engage for the most part, and nothing ever happened to them. Even other opponents of Anderson Silva have spent 90% of the fight lying on their back waiting for Anderson to pounce on top of them. They are equally as guilty of not engaging. Its always a 2 way street. I guess we just don't see things the same way haha. I am more than aware of the rules in the UFC.

All I have to look forward to now is Koscheck getting owned by GSP. That, and Carwin/Lesnar where someone is guaranteed to get KTFO.

My Ride

If you know what the unified rules are, then you know kos didn't break any and Anderson did.

I'd have much preferred gsp/Daley. I think it would have been a more exciting fight. I fully expect gsp to outwrestle kos again, and Josh is probably going to be too good a defensive grappler for georges to do much real damage

I've been firmly aboard the Carwin bandwagon since his first fight in the ufc

If you know what the unified rules are, then you know kos didn't break any and Anderson did.

I'd have much preferred gsp/Daley. I think it would have been a more exciting fight. I fully expect gsp to outwrestle kos again, and Josh is probably going to be too good a defensive grappler for georges to do much real damage

I've been firmly aboard the Carwin bandwagon since his first fight in the ufc
    I think Daley/GSP would have been exactly like Koscheck/Daley with Daley getting out-wrestled, just to a greater extent by GSP. Both fights would likely be very one sided.

I am a huge Carwin fan as well. I especially like how he has a full time day job as an Engineer and is so successful fighting on the side. I'd love to see him with the belt instead of Lesnar.

My Ride
    '05 Acura TL

1. Josh Koschecks a bitch. I even predicted before the fight that if he gets into any kind of real trouble against Daley he would "get hit in the eye". Illegal knee or not he played it out well and got the point deducted. If Mirgiliotta (sp?) didn't take the point away I could see Koscheck ride it out and try to win the fight on a DQ because that's what he does. Look at the "Rumble" Johnson fight.

2. Z_fan is right. Dana White does whatever the fuck he wants and he doesn't like looking like an idiot. ie. when the 2 octagon girls said Koscheck was faking the eye poke against Johnson they got fired.

3. Shogun, wow. Machida looked like a amateur for some reason and I would love to see Silva vs Shogun.

4. Dana will say it as much as he wants but he won't fire Anderson Silva. The thing is the spider will come out and lay a shit kicking to Chael Sonnen and I want him to kind of taunt Sonnen for all the shit he's talked but end up brutally finishing him Forrest Griffinesque.
    Originally posted by edde
    its called sarcasim you fucking idiot

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by TeamBestBud
    1. Josh Koschecks a bitch. I even predicted before the fight that if he gets into any kind of real trouble against Daley he would "get hit in the eye". Illegal knee or not he played it out well and got the point deducted. If Mirgiliotta (sp?) didn't take the point away I could see Koscheck ride it out and try to win the fight on a DQ because that's what he does. Look at the "Rumble" Johnson fight.

2. Z_fan is right. Dana White does whatever the fuck he wants and he doesn't like looking like an idiot. ie. when the 2 octagon girls said Koscheck was faking the eye poke against Johnson they got fired.

3. Shogun, wow. Machida looked like a amateur for some reason and I would love to see Silva vs Shogun.

4. Dana will say it as much as he wants but he won't fire Anderson Silva. The thing is the spider will come out and lay a shit kicking to Chael Sonnen and I want him to kind of taunt Sonnen for all the shit he's talked but end up brutally finishing him Forrest Griffinesque.
    You obviously weren't paying attention during the fight.

Goldberg walked over to the judges in between rounds and confirmed that a point was NOT deducted from Daley.

My Ride
    '05 Acura TL

So he didn't take a point away during the fight then? I thought he took it away, then after the round gave it back?

Yes point was removed, and then returned.

My Ride
    '05 Acura TL

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    Yeah so I worded it wrong then I guess. What I meant was that I think and feel that Koschecks that big of a bitch that if the point didn't get deducted during the fight, he would've tried to play it and squeeze out a DQ. He's not cheating, but he's a guy that plays the rules even though it makes him out to be a bitch.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    That's right... immediately when Kos went down, the ref deducted a point, but when they all looked up at the replay, he gave back the point.

Sorry, I wasn't clear either.

Page 210 of 298 FirstFirst ... 200 209 210 211 220 ... LastLast