Official MMA Thread - Page 218 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 218 of 298 FirstFirst ... 208 217 218 219 228 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,360 of 5952

Thread: Official MMA Thread

My Ride
    95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster

Originally posted by Supa Dexta

Ummm what?

Look at bonnar and sherk, didnt they both test positive at one point and it kind of went hush hush, and they eventually came back as if nothing happened? (I can't say for sure, because I don't follow either that closely, but I seem to remember something like that and I'm sure there were others)
    ok, I shouldn't have said 'most' of the other guys. I was thinking more about guys like Tim Silvia (good riddance lol) and Josh Barnett...there have been others too, but saying 'most' was overstepping it.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Anyone watch the WEC event last night? Some great fights. Aldo seems unstoppable. I think he should make a run at the 155lb belt in the UFC.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Originally posted by 95teetee
    ok, I shouldn't have said 'most' of the other guys. I was thinking more about guys like Tim Silvia (good riddance lol) and Josh Barnett...there have been others too, but saying 'most' was overstepping it.
    Tim Sylvia came back (to become champion again, no less) after he got popped.
    Barnett has pissed hot 3 times and he'll probably be fighting for a title in Strikeforce soon.

I can't really think of any notable fighter who's career has really been stunted because he tested positive for steroids.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    Subaru GR

Originally posted by 89coupe
    Anyone watch the WEC event last night? Some great fights. Aldo seems unstoppable. I think he should make a run at the 155lb belt in the UFC.
    Yeah, watched it and sadly I will not be purchasing a Korean Zombie shirt

Great card, although Homminck should have ended that fight way back in round 2 as Garcia was off balance and swinging loopy punches all night....quick side movement and 1, 2 counter, good night! He was hitting it later in round 3, but I felt he was just on cruise for the decision (which he almost lost!!).

Aldo is a beast @ 24, but he is still suspect as his last fight with Faber he didn't finish b/c he was too scared IMO of getting KO'ed....he's very patient though and when he smells blood its game over. I'd like to see him stand with a good kick boxer next title defense....

DL'ing the rest of the prelim card now....WEC doesn't disappoint!
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster

Originally posted by TKRIS

Barnett has pissed hot 3 times and he'll probably be fighting for a title in Strikeforce soon.
    thanks for helping me make my point.

My Ride

Originally posted by 95teetee
    thanks for helping me make my point.
    He's with Strikeforce because they were willing to write a bigger check.
    It's not like anyone is avoiding him because he's tested positive 3 times. He can fight anywhere he wants, and be paid well to do it. No one really gives a shit whether or not he's juicing.

So again, I can't think of a single recognizable fighter who's career has really been hurt because they pissed hot.
    MMA fighters drop into obscurity because they lose fights, not because they fail tests.

I'm looking forward to Cruz Jorgenson. Scotty's been one of my favorite fighters to watch since he came to the WEC. I hope he can pull off the upset.

Originally posted by 1-Bar

Yeah, watched it and sadly I will not be purchasing a Korean Zombie shirt

Great card, although Homminck should have ended that fight way back in round 2 as Garcia was off balance and swinging loopy punches all night....quick side movement and 1, 2 counter, good night! He was hitting it later in round 3, but I felt he was just on cruise for the decision (which he almost lost!!).

Aldo is a beast @ 24, but he is still suspect as his last fight with Faber he didn't finish b/c he was too scared IMO of getting KO'ed....he's very patient though and when he smells blood its game over. I'd like to see him stand with a good kick boxer next title defense....

DL'ing the rest of the prelim card now....WEC doesn't disappoint!
    Being afraid of Faber? I love Urijah, but Im sure its just Aldo showing some respect.

If people like Mike Brown and Manvil can't KO Aldo with some clean shots, Urijah sure as hell is not, as he was never known for having devestating KO power.

Thats the only thing I disagree with you, but I do agree this man is super patient, and Im pretty positive no one in his division can even remotely pose a thread to him.

My Ride
    Subaru GR

^^^Aldo blasted both Faber's legs and still didn't finish him? Faber could barely stand by the end of the 3rd. Aldo could have pulled the trigger and ended it with a TKO/KO I'm sure, maybe he gave too much respect to Faber.

As for Scotty and Dominic...man, that is going to be a great fight! Both those guys have come a long way since coming to WEC....
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    Subaru GR

can't wait till November playboy.....you only need 1 guess

Gotta respect the coaching on GSPs team this year. That guy he has with him seems pretty smart, and theres no doubt thats why GSP has him to help with his own mental game..

Koscheck is training his boys good as well, but they are being told what to do, not shown what to do and so far is hasn't been enough.

Anyone catch who GSP has coming as a surprise coach?

My Ride
    Subaru GR

whoa....forgot it was on last night, good episode I take it?>

Yeah just another successful game plan by GSP and another lost fight for team koschek.

Originally posted by 1-Bar
    can't wait till November playboy.....you only need 1 guess

pic's have been leaked... not overly impressed

fake tits, flat ass.... she's still hot tho!

My Ride
    Subaru GR

^yeah, got to see them yesterday too....I'll still buy the issue in November

Diaz!!

Originally posted by bimmere92

pic's have been leaked... not overly impressed

fake tits, flat ass.... she's still hot tho!
    I'd vote for him. America may have a black guy, but we'd have captain fucking Kirk.

My Ride

30-27 for Thompson?

MMA judging is fucked.
    They really need to quit letting the yokle pie-eating judge from the county fair score pro bouts...

Yeah thats crazy,, JZ was pretty ineffective though, but nothing to warrant that spread. (Susan = what do you expect, she probably thought he was cute)

Look at her record> http://www.mmadecisions.com/judge.jsp?id=103

Noons vs the caveman = I don't care about either of them, but I dislike the caveman took it.
    Last edited by Supa Dexta; 10-11-2010 at 05:55 AM.

noons and diaz are supposed to be 'phenomenol' strikers... i didnt see any crazy striking... it was a bunch of pitter patter.

I don't think either of these guys could match up with UFC's big strikers at that weight... like BJ, Edgar even Aldo...

Strikeforece is garbage.

My Ride
    Subaru GR

^^are you kidding me? Diaz has come a long way since the UFC and he's boxing is definitely a-game material, he fights pro boxing. Did you see Zarmoskis fight?

Name one UFC Welterweight that could stand with Nick....

My Ride

I had JZ winning it, but I wasn't surprised they gave round 1 to Josh since judges only ever remember the last minute of the round.

Diaz wins a boxing match against anyone in MMA who looks for openings and tries to pick his shots, because he changes his look so often and has such an insane workrate. But he gets blasted by anyone that's willing to walk him down with tight defense then drop heavy in close because his defense is terrible.
    Lots of weight on that front leg so he can loom over his opponents. Take that leg away then get in close and push his shit in. Alves could do it if he fought a smart fight (which isn't something Alves has much of a tendency towards).
    Diaz's lack of wrestling would hurt him in the UFC.

That said, Diaz/Noons 2 perfectly illustrated my previous point about how badly Noons would get fucked up in a pro boxing match against a mediocre boxer, let alone the ridiculous assertion on Inside MMA that he could hang with Pacman or Mayweather...
    Last edited by TKRIS; 10-11-2010 at 07:16 PM.

Page 218 of 298 FirstFirst ... 208 217 218 219 228 ... LastLast