Official MMA Thread - Page 235 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 235 of 298 FirstFirst ... 225 234 235 236 245 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,700 of 5952

Thread: Official MMA Thread

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

I want to see jones vs hong man choi
    Autosignature

I think Jones is the only one who could beat Anderson at the moment. I actually think it would be fairly one sided like it was tonight. Jones is a monster. That reach and skill make him devastating. I don't think I've seen such a one sided fight in some time.

My Ride
    95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster

Originally posted by 89coupe
    Lorenzo Fertitta Wants a Jon Jones vs. Anderson Silva Super-Fight
    lol.

Nice job- that's almost Dana White-like.

Hey Silva-let's have you fight a guy who's way bigger than the guys in his own division, never mind yours.

How weird was it to see strikeforce adds on the ppv?

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

Anyone know a working link so I can watch the Jones vs. Shogun fight?

My Ride
    Lives in the left lane.

Was hoping to see the Shogun that fought Machida show up vs. Bones Jones. Instead, it's been 9 months since his last fight and he had surgery again, so he looked like he did when he fought Mark Coleman haha. The fight may have ended differently if Shogun was fighting at 100% but it doesn't really matter, that isn't an excuse. He just didn't look like himself at all, right from the start.

I still think Anderson would beat Jones. Anderson's striking is better. On the ground, Jones has the wrestling advantage, but Anderson has better Jujitsu and has proven he can easily submit a wrestler (Sonnen).

Jones vs Rashad will be a clown show, as close to a pre-determined outcome as it gets, especially with the size/reach advantage on Jones.

Any way you look at it, as per usual, some very interesting fights will be coming our way I'm sure.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    He just didn't look like himself at all, right from the start.
    That's usually the case when you fight someone who completely out classes you in every aspect.

That's usually the case when you fight someone who completely out classes you in every aspect.
    I disagree, he looked good against Machida who is clearly one of the best light heavy's around. Again, I'm not trying to take away from Jones' performance - he did VERY well, I just don't think Shogun was fighting to his max potential, and we've seen him fight like crap before (i.e. Coleman fight). All I am saying is that there is a lot of evidence to suggest that Shogun's "skill" can vary greatly, regardless of opponent.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 03-21-2011 at 04:19 PM.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

I disagree, he looked good against Machida who is clearly one of the best light heavy's around. Again, I'm not trying to take away from Jones' performance - he did VERY well, I just don't think Shogun was fighting to his max potential, and we've seen him fight like crap before (i.e. Coleman fight). All I am saying is that there is a lot of evidence to suggest that Shogun's "skill" can vary greatly, regardless of opponent.
    Has anyone looked good against Jon Jones? Hmmmmm.

Has anyone looked good against Jon Jones? Hmmmmm.
    all of them... on paper and on internet forums...

until they fight
    heloc that shit

Shogun cant stay healthy and doesn't always show up for the fight, impossible to hold the belt long with the talent of today.

My Ride
    I like. :)

Dayum, good for Jones. I'm not too surprised. I was hoping for Shogun but he wasn't 100% -- no leg kicks, slopping, slow, low power. This was like watching guys get crushed with ease by Anderson Silva or GSP in their early careers. Shogun wasn't beaten by a no-body, he was beaten by a new phenom.

Evans, ahah, that's awesome. Should be interesting.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Where's all this "Jones is a huge LHW" coming from?
    He has a big frame, but I don't think he cuts much more weight than anyone else.
    He only cut from ~218lbs for this fight, because he just had a fight a few weeks ago.
    I doubt he walks around at over 235 like some LHW.

He's tall, but he's pretty skinny and he's all legs/arms. I very much doubt that Jones's natural weight compared to Silva's is any more than Silva's is to GSP.

These are all naturally lean guys. It's not like they walk around a a vastly different weight than they cut from like a guy like Forrest does.

Jones is probably 225 in fight shape. Silva is probably around 210. GSP about 190.

None of these guys are even close to the biggest weight cutters in their divisions.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    MK7 R

Anyone watch Fight Night last night? That submission that the Korean Zombie did was awesome! He said he learned it by watching Eddie Bravo on Youtube lol

My Ride
    06 F-150

Yea the "Twister" was awesome. First time it has ever been done pretty much.

Wasn't bad for a free card, not much in the line of KO's though. I figured Davis would have to grind it out with Nog, but I was disapointed in Dan Hardy. I love the Outlaw, and figured he could get the better of Rumble considering the weight cut, and the time off. Rumble is one huge 170lber. Also Phil Davis has some rediculous shoulders, I've never seen a shape like that before.

My Ride
    06 F-150

Originally posted by TKRIS
    He has a big frame, but I don't think he cuts much more weight than anyone else.
    He only cut from ~218lbs for this fight, because he just had a fight a few weeks ago.

He's tall, but he's pretty skinny and he's all legs/arms. I very much doubt that Jones's natural weight compared to Silva's is any more than Silva's is to GSP.

These are all naturally lean guys. It's not like they walk around a a vastly different weight than they cut from like a guy like Forrest does.

Jones is probably 225 in fight shape. Silva is probably around 210. GSP about 190.

None of these guys are even close to the biggest weight cutters in their divisions.
    Rumble Johnson was like 230LB+ and cut down to 170. Dude is massive.

You english or something? ^

Cant see any other reason someone would like hardy

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by TKRIS

Apparently jones actually cuts alot just like overeem did at light heavy weight. To say he dosnt have a HW frame is ridiculous seeing how he is tall and has the longest reach in the UFC. Once he faces a few more fighters at LHW I wouldnt mind seeing him fight a HW like Struve or Schaub.

After he gets through evans his only test is Rampage and I hope it all pans out because that would be a epic fight.

My Ride
    TypeR

Was hoping to see the Shogun that fought Machida show up vs. Bones Jones. Instead, it's been 9 months since his last fight and he had surgery again, so he looked like he did when he fought Mark Coleman haha. The fight may have ended differently if Shogun was fighting at 100% but it doesn't really matter, that isn't an excuse. He just didn't look like himself at all, right from the start.

I still think Anderson would beat Jones. Anderson's striking is better. On the ground, Jones has the wrestling advantage, but Anderson has better Jujitsu and has proven he can easily submit a wrestler (Sonnen).
    Problem is that Anderson is getting old and Jones ground N pound is way more powerful then Sonnen's, I just dont see how Anderson would beat him. Jones finishes fights and I wouldn't see that fight getting out of the 2nd round.

Btw the Shogun that fought Machida did show up and that was the problem. He didnt use his leg kicks and tried to rush in with boxing combos against a guy who had a 8 inch reach advantage (im pretty sure). Shogun just looked like he didnt have an answer for anything Jones dished out because he was keeping the pressure on the whole fight.

Now lets hope Diaz lays the smackdown on Dailey and gets his ass kicked back to the UK

Page 235 of 298 FirstFirst ... 225 234 235 236 245 ... LastLast