Quantcast
Official MMA Thread - Page 255 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 255 of 298 FirstFirst ... 245 254 255 256 265 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,100 of 5952

Thread: Official MMA Thread

Originally posted by redevil

Yeah that was crazy rolling...then snap!!! ouch, that's going to hurt tomorrow.
    Hurt tomorrow? Ten bux says that was his last fight in the UFC. He snapped that arm like like a piece of KitKat.

2-2 so far, wasn't expecting the first fight to go that way at all.

machida by tko

My Ride
    Acura CL

Sick card!!!
    I hate jones but mad props... He's going to be on top for a while

My Ride
    e92 335i

Jones is awesome, what a fighter.

Good night Machida, drinking your own urine didn't help you tonight.

Jones vs Silva needs to happen next. There is no one left for either of them in their divisions.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I didn't believe Machida deserved that title shot in the first place. Rashad still needs his shot. MAYBE Dan Henderson but I think he's naturally too small to bang with Jones.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by wtf im nameless
    Good night Machida, drinking your own urine didn't help you tonight.
    As much I don't like Machida (his older style, seems to have changed a bit now - more aggressive/offensive), he was doing good in the first round.

My Ride
    95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster

Originally posted by KeepItGully
    WOW Mir just snapped Nog..
    that is the most yelling of "Holy shit! Holy fuck!" I've ever yelled after a fight.

Oh, and congrats to Jones for having a foot reach advantage on yet another fighter

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by 95teetee
    that is the most yelling of "Holy shit! Holy fuck!" I've ever yelled after a fight.

Oh, and congrats to Jones for having a foot reach advantage on yet another fighter
    You say it like its his fault and his skills don't have anything to do with his success.

Originally posted by LongCity

You say it like its his fault and his skills don't have anything to do with his success.
    I don't think he is that much more skilled then Machida. If we are talking about skills Machida is one of the best in the business. If Jones has a foot less reach advantage nobody would ever hear his name. It's not his skills that got him where he is....it is him being COMPLETELY oversized for the division.

I want Silva to move up and destroy his ass...I really don't like him simply because he should be fighting with guys his own size but instead he is like a annorexic school girl fighting in a lower weight class.

Originally posted by Type_S1

I don't think he is that much more skilled then Machida. If we are talking about skills Machida is one of the best in the business. If Jones has a foot less reach advantage nobody would ever hear his name. It's not his skills that got him where he is....it is him being COMPLETELY oversized for the division.

I want Silva to move up and destroy his ass...I really don't like him simply because he should be fighting with guys his own size but instead he is like a annorexic school girl fighting in a lower weight class.

You can say his reach is an advantage yes, but who doesn't use body types to their advantage in MMA? That's like saying Shane Carwin's hands are too big and he is too strong, he should be fighting weaker guys. And reach advantage? You brought up Silva, prime example at 185. He uses his reach advantage to the fullest and why shouldn't he?

Then there is the opposite argument, where reach advantage doesn't get you to the top. Kendal Grove, where the fuck is he now? Eating spam sandwiches back in Hawaii. Stefan Struve? Not a title contender.

Jones has skills, I can't believe you can't acknowledge that.
    When lazy let idle.

if a fighter's good on his back, dont take him down...
    if he's good in the clinch, don't tie him up...
    and finally... if he's got good standup and lanky, dont bang with him

My Ride
    e92 335i

You seem to hate on Jones for taking advantage of his size and athleticism but do you realize A. Silva is also damn big for his weight class?

Both guys utilize their size & reach along with tremendous skill to dominate their division. Do you think Silva would be so evasive and such a good counter puncher if he had t-rex arms and was 5'11?

Totally, Silva is like Dhalsim.

By your rationale you would see Jones fitting in at Heavy? Umm no....
    Last edited by TaiChino; 12-13-2011 at 10:54 AM.
    When lazy let idle.

My Ride
    Bicycle

I don't even know what to make of this... You can't really be that naive or stupid. You seem to think these premier athletes are just good? So, LeBron can't actually play basketball? He's just big, strong, and doesn't put in hours at the weight room or in the gym to hone his skills?

Like other guys have mentioned - got an advantage? Use it. This is in any sport. Should Michael Phelps be racing against penguins since his appendages are partially webbed? You probably don't think he puts in the work at the weight room or in the pool perfecting his technique either, right? It's just cause he has partially webbed fingers or toes and not because he's a skillful swimmer?

Originally posted by LongCity

I don't even know what to make of this... You can't really be that naive or stupid. You seem to think these premier athletes are just good? So, LeBron can't actually play basketball? He's just big, strong, and doesn't put in hours at the weight room or in the gym to hone his skills?

Like other guys have mentioned - got an advantage? Use it. This is in any sport. Should Michael Phelps be racing against penguins since his appendages are partially webbed? You probably don't think he puts in the work at the weight room or in the pool perfecting his technique either, right? It's just cause he has partially webbed fingers or toes and not because he's a skillful swimmer?
    I never said he wasn't skilled...I am saying their are far more skilled fighters in the LH division who can't solve him because he is extremely oversized.

My problem with this whole situation is people act like he is such a SKILLED fighter...some even throw around the term "best pound for pound". If we are talking on technical skills he is nowhere near some of the other talent. I have watched him since his very first fight and knew he was going to go far simply because he is skilled and has an extreme size advantage over everyone else.

And all the posts above mine are completely ridiculous...lol you can't compare other sports to MMA...it is a beast of its own and a 1vs1 sport not team.

As for Silva being oversized...he does have a reach advantage over some but he is not as oversized as jones is by any means. Silva is the most skilled MMA fighter to ever walk this earth...saying that jones is anywhere near him for "pound for pound" is disrespectful to him for sure!

No point arguing with anyone though...everyone is jockin jones' dick right now and I am sure he will continue to dominate the division until he moves up or Silva moves up and destroys him....both will probably never happen

I never said he wasn't skilled...I am saying their are far more skilled fighters in the LH division who can't solve him because he is extremely oversized.

My problem with this whole situation is people act like he is such a SKILLED fighter...some even throw around the term "best pound for pound". If we are talking on technical skills he is nowhere near some of the other talent. I have watched him since his very first fight and knew he was going to go far simply because he is skilled and has an extreme size advantage over everyone else.

And all the posts above mine are completely ridiculous...lol you can't compare other sports to MMA...it is a beast of its own and a 1vs1 sport not team.

As for Silva being oversized...he does have a reach advantage over some but he is not as oversized as jones is by any means. Silva is the most skilled MMA fighter to ever walk this earth...saying that jones is anywhere near him for "pound for pound" is disrespectful to him for sure!

No point arguing with anyone though...everyone is jockin jones' dick right now and I am sure he will continue to dominate the division until he moves up or Silva moves up and destroys him....both will probably never happen
    My point is that by your rationale, any oversized fighter will be on top regardless of skillset. This is wrong. My examples, Tim Silvia, Kendall Grove, Stefan Struve, need I say more? It takes a good fighter to harness all of their attributes to succeed and throw down 3 title defenses.
    When lazy let idle.

Former WWE and Ultimate Fighting champion facing wildlife charges in Alberta

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/former-wwe-...7209--spt.html

Junie Browning Says He is in Hiding, Seeks U.S. Embassy Help - UFC - Yahoo! Sports

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_yl...a8ade613aef65d

Page 255 of 298 FirstFirst ... 245 254 255 256 265 ... LastLast