Quantcast
Official MMA Thread - Page 282 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 282 of 298 FirstFirst ... 272 281 282 283 292 ... LastLast
Results 5,621 to 5,640 of 5952

Thread: Official MMA Thread

My Ride

Looks like Weidman vs Belfort is up next

Silva underwent surgery and the doctor said the recovery time will be 3-6 months... Not bad, I wonder if he will be back.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by euro_racer
    Looks like Weidman vs Belfort is up next

Silva underwent surgery and the doctor said the recovery time will be 3-6 months... Not bad, I wonder if he will be back.
    It will be at least a year before he is back in the ring.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Yeah the thing with a serious break is it makes you timid. You are nervous and protective of it for quite a while before you get back to normal, if you ever get your head straight again that you don't hold back a touch.

You also have to remember he went from top of the world and top of his game to two bad losses. That also weighs on your mind, all while he'll be hearing comments that he's past his prime, or on the way out.. etc Hard to build up the drive needed to be #1 again in that head space.

GSP walking away doesn't look so bad compared to this.
    Last edited by Supa Dexta; 12-30-2013 at 12:37 PM.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

^^YUP. And we all know how much Silva likes to throw that whipping left leg kick of his.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Trt is now banned in Nevada, pretty big news. Vitor has been pulled from his championship fight replaced with machida.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by danno
    Trt is now banned in Nevada, pretty big news. Vitor has been pulled from his championship fight replaced with machida.
    Surprised 89coupe didn't post this first hahaha.

Yeah, huge news. Will be interesting to see what happens with Belfort, Hendo, Sonnen, Bigfoot, and Mir.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Haha ya but I guess it's been a few months since anyone talked about mma, shows which direction it's popularity is going. Maybe we will see less older guys fighting in the future. I could really care less about the ufc, I'm kind of bitter since Dana said he would come back to Calgary and still hasn't and no plans to.

I watched the Armstrong lie and it goes through his doping it's pretty entertaining.

My Ride

So I am completely enveloped in everything MMA. This is the first time I've ever been this interested in a sport.

Anyone catch Bravo vs Gracie rematch at Metamoris 3??

Thoughts on Machida vs Weidman? Teixeira vs Jones? Hendo vs Cormier?

I think Machida has got it. He is a beast at middleweight.

Jones beats Teixeira in UD and then loses a rematch with Gustaffson.

Cormier steamrolls Hendo.
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

Originally posted by zipdoa
    So I am completely enveloped in everything MMA. This is the first time I've ever been this interested in a sport.

Anyone catch Bravo vs Gracie rematch at Metamoris 3??

Thoughts on Machida vs Weidman? Teixeira vs Jones? Hendo vs Cormier?

I think Machida has got it. He is a beast at middleweight.

Jones beats Teixeira in UD and then loses a rematch with Gustaffson.

Cormier steamrolls Hendo.
    weidman has proven he can hang with the best and while machida has an awkward karate style, weidmans wrestling will be the deciding factor.

glover is a beast and should NOT be slept on. he can crack with the best of them but i suspect jones will tie him up, take him down and elbow his face to shreds or go for a submission.

hendo should lose but hes got that right hand of doom so anything could happen. cormier at 205 is a scary scary fighter tho.

Originally posted by faiz999

weidman has proven he can hang with the best and while machida has an awkward karate style, weidmans wrestling will be the deciding factor.
    Machida's TDD is unreal, plus he's got his own tricky sumo/judo takedowns and sweeps.

TDD

[img]i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg176/daveshaps/new knockouts/mack_zpse42758e1.gif[/img]

My Ride
    K20A2

Originally posted by born2workoncars

Machida's TDD is unreal, plus he's got his own tricky sumo/judo takedowns and sweeps.

TDD

[img]i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg176/daveshaps/new knockouts/mack_zpse42758e1.gif[/img]
    to bad he could not do those when he fought jones
    Built with Chopsticks

My Ride

Originally posted by 95EG6P

to bad he could not do those when he fought jones
    Yes, he came up short fighting the greatest LHW of alltime, possibly the best P4P. But we've seen what happens when Jones doesn't have a 10.5" reach advantage.

Also, keep in mind that Jones could easily fight at HW, and Machida's ideal weight class is MW.

Machida was the first to put Jones in a bit of danger, and the first to win a round over him

damn if he can stuff a takedown from phil davis, he should be good vs weidman then.

now im not so sure about who wins that. u can never count out machida and at 185 he seems faster and stronger. maybe weidman jus concedes after some stuffed takedowns and decides to just box him from the outside.

I don't think I know a single person interested in MMA anymore after the Jones judging fix vs Gustaffson. All the people I used to watch with stopped. I still check the results, but I just can't get interested in it anymore. Machida is my all time favorite though Nice to see him doing well lately.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    I don't think I know a single person interested in MMA anymore after the Jones judging fix vs Gustaffson. All the people I used to watch with stopped. I still check the results, but I just can't get interested in it anymore. Machida is my all time favorite though Nice to see him doing well lately.
    you thought it was a fix? go on....

Originally posted by faiz999

you thought it was a fix? go on....
    Not looking to argue or anything, I think all the info was posted back 2-3 pages earlier in this thread, free for interpretation. A number of things were off, including the subtraction of over 100 significant strikes from Gustaffson and adding them to Jones' card, hoping nobody would notice immediately after the fight (other forums have screenshots of both). Online polls had huge numbers of people thinking it was fixed as well, at least at the judging level. MMA forums lit up with 200+ page long threads mere hours after the fight. Combine that with the money at stake, Nike & Gatorade sponsoring Jones and how bad it would look if he lost so soon, etc. it isn't hard to believe. A lot of people think that way, and I'm in that camp. There are also people who think it was just fine, so each to their own. It was enough for me and many others to stop watching the sport entirely though. The judging in general is just so awful, I'm surprised I lasted this long haha.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 04-03-2014 at 04:18 PM.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Not looking to argue or anything, I think all the info was posted back earlier in this thread, free for interpretation. A number of things were off, including the subtraction of over 100 significant strikes from Gustaffson and adding them to Jones' card, hoping nobody would notice immediately after the fight (other forums have screenshots of both). Online polls had huge numbers of people thinking it was fixed as well, at least at the judging level. MMA forums lit up with 200+ page long threads mere hours after the fight. Combine that with the money at stake, Nike & Gatorade sponsoring Jones and how bad it would look if he lost so soon, etc. it isn't hard to believe. A lot of people think that way, and I'm in that camp. There are also people who think it was just fine, so each to their own. It was enough for me and many others to stop watching the sport entirely though. The judging in general is just so awful, I'm surprised I lasted this long haha.
    wasn't trying to argue, just wantd to hear the reasoning and i appreciate the reply.

FTR, i thought the fight was close with jones pulling out the last round for the win. however, many had it scored 3-1 gusty by the fifth, which i think is a reasonable score.

the only issue with mma scoring is its inconsistency from round to round. how mcuh do takedowns count for, significant strikes and ofc defense.

so for instance, gusty takes down jones in the early rounds, but jones gets up immediately. if nothing else really goes on in that round, do you score it for gusty because of the takedown or do u disregard it because jones didnt allow any damage to be done?

thats just a hypothetical example tho and i think yes, in close fights in almost all combat sports, the champ/the bigger name, gets the nod.

and yes the sponsorships and other endorsements at stake are the reasons why some guys get the obvious robbery, because its in the UFCs best interest to keep their stock high, so im not disputing that theory.

now, im not sure if some rounds were close and the judges just gave it to the champ (jones) but it happens in boxing and they say you have to really beat the champ to become him.

i also don't think its a reason to stop watching mma tho. its a sport based on subjective judging and the scoring like i mentioned earlier, isnt consistent, so out of 100 scorecards, you're likely to get a vast range of scores.

its why fighters are told to make sure they leave out of the judges hands, but both men took a beating trying to do exactly that.

it was a fantastic fight tho, with ebbs and flows in action and from the damage jones took, he certainly had his hands full.

i would've been fine with a jones win, gusty win or a draw. it was a really close fight and with 5 minute rounds, it really pressures the judges to account for the entire round, but i highly doubt they do/did.

hahahah Team MMA

Know lotta people didn't catch the fight last night due to the playoffs but Werdum just derailed the Hapa train and looked awesome doing it.

http://gfycat.com/GrandLikableGemsbok
    http://gfycat.com/LegitimateDifficultCrocodileskink
    http://gfycat.com/ThickDeficientGalah

Page 282 of 298 FirstFirst ... 272 281 282 283 292 ... LastLast