Quantcast
Official MMA Thread - Page 286 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 286 of 298 FirstFirst ... 276 285 286 287 296 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,720 of 5952

Thread: Official MMA Thread

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    There has also been a shift to focus a lot more on the drama/hype side of things, which I don't like.
    This is actually one thing I completely agree upon. The shift towards WWE style drama is ridiculous.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride

Boom, admits to PED usage for therapeutic use. Should have applied for a TUE, Andy!!!

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/03/after-f...ic-use-of-peds
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Jon Jones stripped of title indefinitely.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/blogs/mma/re...r-hit-and-run/

My Ride
    M5 Competition

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

I was looking forward to rumble destroying jones, oh well. I never disliked jones until now, you can't make role models out of everyone. Unfortuantly he was in that spot to maybe kids.

My Ride

been watching MMA since UFC 1, Pride 1 etc. One big attraction to earlier fight cards (apart from the obvious newness of MMA at the time to north American audiences) was they were all stacked and no weight classes or just a couple. So almost every couple of months you got to see your favorite fighters fight against each other. You couldn't duck fights, you didn't fight once every five years like fighters do now and for the most part, fighters fought to win, not to "not lose". I remember fight cards where every single fight could have been a main event. Now MMA (UFC) is just like boxing. You have a couple of fights a year worth watching then the rest is just junk filler. The newness of MMA is gone and the attraction now is the match-ups. And UFC has completely failed big time at giving the fans the match ups they want.

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by BigMass
    been watching MMA since UFC 1, Pride 1 etc. One big attraction to earlier fight cards (apart from the obvious newness of MMA at the time to north American audiences) was they were all stacked and no weight classes or just a couple. So almost every couple of months you got to see your favorite fighters fight against each other. You couldn't duck fights, you didn't fight once every five years like fighters do now and for the most part, fighters fought to win, not to "not lose". I remember fight cards where every single fight could have been a main event. Now MMA (UFC) is just like boxing. You have a couple of fights a year worth watching then the rest is just junk filler. The newness of MMA is gone and the attraction now is the match-ups. And UFC has completely failed big time at giving the fans the match ups they want.
    Your crazy man I'd say that the sickest card in ufc history is coming up in a week and a half. Plus Edgar vs Faber this saturday is gonna be sweet.

You can't compare boxing and ufc. I can't even name 10 boxers that still fight lol. Zero brand recognition because of greedy fighters and shit ass fights.
    IG:scboss

Originally posted by warcaster

Your crazy man I'd say that the sickest card in ufc history is coming up in a week and a half. Plus Edgar vs Faber this saturday is gonna be sweet.

You can't compare boxing and ufc. I can't even name 10 boxers that still fight lol. Zero brand recognition because of greedy fighters and shit ass fights.
    the whole MMA structure has lost a lot of appeal for me. It used to be about who's the toughest bad ass on the planet. Now its about who can score the most points with weight classes every 2 lbs. Did Gracie bitch about fighting someone 5 lbs heavier than him? Did Sakuraba? Did Fedor? The all fought against fighters 50lbs or more heavier than them at one point or another. The best fought the best, end of story. Faber? Edgar? who cares. I have friends that all started watching MMA at the same time I did in the mid 90s and none of them really give a shit about UFC anymore. So it's not just me having my own unique opinion here. I think one of the biggest downfalls is when MMA = UFC happened. There is no MMA anymore, now it's just UFC just like WWE. There are no "fighters" anymore. Just employees of the UFC and many of them from north or south America. You're telling me there are no good fighters in Europe or Asia? No, it's just that they're not getting employed by the UFC. So biggest bad ass on the planet? Definitely not in the UFC. It's just a show now.

My Ride
    TypeR

I think the only flaw is some of the cards are watered down now. I've also been watching it since number 1 and the biggest difference for me is mma actually feels like a sport now.

Times change and if you don't think that these guys are the baddest men on the planet your crazy. My favorite fighter before was fedor and he was an absolute beast. But if you compare the skill level of then and now he was good but he was also fighting bums. I remember he fought guys for his title that I never even heard before because it looked cool.

Sure UFC is dominated by Brazilians and North Americans but are you really suprised?
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

I have been a fan from UFC 1 and agree that its more of a sport now. I think the biggest problem currently is too many weight classes and over doing training camps resulting in cancelled fights.

I think having fewer cards per year allowed for more stacked matches and you cant do that with how many weight classes there is now.

announcing fights closer to the card and cancelling fewer matches would help reduce cards collapsing like ufc 149.

My Ride
    Acura CL

i've been a fan since UFC 1
    i love that there is a card on at least once a month
    some of the free cards on fox is pretty stacked
    the only thing i don't like is UFC fight pass...i rather they just have it on fox!

Who you guys got - Johnson or Cormier?

My Ride
    Trucks

I agree with MMA being watered down too much. A guy from my home town (Tim Hague) has fought in the UFC and is now breaking into a new bare knuckle league in the UK. His first match is coming up soon and should be interesting if this catches on. It may provide what fans use to enjoy in the UFC.

My Ride
    Ford

Originally posted by TopNotch
    Who you guys got - Johnson or Cormier?
    DC
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride

McGregor is the truth.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-24-2020 at 11:11 AM.

Holy shit is right!!!

Wow.

a head kick puts her to sleep. Holly Holm is your new UFC women's bantamweight champion.

http://gfycat.com/UltimateCloudyKillifish

I really wanted that to happen. Fk rousey and her maddog scowl. She needed to be put in her place, in fine style.

Too bad le tourneau didn't pull it off too. But Joanna was pretty nice about it. Unlike rhonda would have been.

Jake Matthews did great, and messed up dude bad.

mini chieck congo wasn't very good.

And Jared Rosholt looks like an out of shape 50 yr old man. That fight sucked balls.

My Ride
    K20A2

Rousey stock just went down now it Connors turn to get knocked out
    Built with Chopsticks

Page 286 of 298 FirstFirst ... 276 285 286 287 296 ... LastLast