Quantcast
Official MMA Thread - Page 285 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 285 of 298 FirstFirst ... 275 284 285 286 295 ... LastLast
Results 5,681 to 5,700 of 5952

Thread: Official MMA Thread

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

I agree gsp was on something for a few years, but I have a feeling he stopped when he fought Hendricks but Hendricks kept using. That's why gsp left because he stopped and the others didn't. Or they were catching up to his talent level.

I hate to say because I like him but I bet one of the next to get popped is Robbie lawler.

My Ride
    B5 S4, UrQ, UZJ100, 990 SMR

I think it's really too bad that the odd great talent/hard worker (GSP) is constantly under the public microscope for PEDs because we just can't accept that an athlete would have that level of success naturally.

The 30/30 on Bo Jackson covers this fairly well, where they talk about his achievements occurring in the last era before steroid accusations were rampant.

GSP is an absolutely freak. He has OCD. He applies that to athletics and achieves greatness. I think it's too bad that it's overshadowed by speculation.

That being said, I'm glad all these fighters are now getting busted, it makes you wonder if most of the top 10's in their weight divisions would even be relevant without PEDs.

I was pretty gutted that Anderson failed.. kind of like finding out Santa Claus wasn't real. For a lot of people, he represented the 'Bruce lee'-esque mystique of being super-human as a result of hard-work, and now his legacy is ruined because we can only speculate whether or not he was using his entire career.
    Originally posted by InRich
    tell her I'll pick her up in the vette
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I don't believe GSP used, personally.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

I chalk andersons fail up to the fact he was trying to recover from a severe injury and did so in a abnormally short amount of time. I think it's safe to say he must have used a lot of banned substances to recover and return so quickly. His next fight he won't test positive.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by zipdoa
    I think it's really too bad that the odd great talent/hard worker (GSP) is constantly under the public microscope for PEDs because we just can't accept that an athlete would have that level of success naturally.

The 30/30 on Bo Jackson covers this fairly well, where they talk about his achievements occurring in the last era before steroid accusations were rampant.

GSP is an absolutely freak. He has OCD. He applies that to athletics and achieves greatness. I think it's too bad that it's overshadowed by speculation.

That being said, I'm glad all these fighters are now getting busted, it makes you wonder if most of the top 10's in their weight divisions would even be relevant without PEDs.

I was pretty gutted that Anderson failed.. kind of like finding out Santa Claus wasn't real. For a lot of people, he represented the 'Bruce lee'-esque mystique of being super-human as a result of hard-work, and now his legacy is ruined because we can only speculate whether or not he was using his entire career.
    GSP had obvious gyno for years, once he achieved high level success I can only assume his prescriptions became more complex/better cocktail that balanced that out. If you think any high level athlete is clean then you are very gullable.

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by 89coupe

GSP had obvious gyno for years, once he achieved high level success I can only assume his prescriptions became more complex/better cocktail that balanced that out. If you think any high level athlete is clean then you are very gullable.
    Why would you say it's obvious? I think he was clean and he just consistently surrounded himself with the best coaches and nutritionists. The guy has OCD and it trickled into his training and how he carries himself.

Some people just have the genetics and mindset to be a champion. I think as far as UFC is concerned he has been and will be the best employee they ever had.

If it wasn't for gsp calling out guys like Hendricks the drug policies ufc have would not even be around.
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by warcaster

Why would you say it's obvious? I think he was clean and he just consistently surrounded himself with the best coaches and nutritionists. The guy has OCD and it trickled into his training and how he carries himself.

Some people just have the genetics and mindset to be a champion. I think as far as UFC is concerned he has been and will be the best employee they ever had.

If it wasn't for gsp calling out guys like Hendricks the drug policies ufc have would not even be around.
    If your opinion doesn't match that of 89Coupe, you're an idiot, didn't you know?

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Nice comment ^^

My Ride

Originally posted by 89coupe

If you think gyno only occurs with PED usage, you're uneducated. You have this hard-on for guys using steroids, I'm just trying to figure out why.

Edit:

without a doubt, many high level athletes cheat. That doesn't mean they all cheat. I'm beginning to think you were a determined athlete in your youth, and may have been snubbed by someone who was cheating, and now are looking to vilify users.

2nd Edit:

Anderson failed a 2nd OOC Drug test. Needless to say, I'm pretty gutted that he cheated. He was one of the few athletes who inspired me. Looks like I just have Machida left.
    Last edited by zipdoa; 02-12-2015 at 03:47 PM.
    The X5 i bought earlier this year really is FULLY LOADED though not a single option missing including infrared night driving

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

Time to drink your piss lol. Doesn't surprise me at all that these people do the drugs, its hard to keep up when the younger guys are coming in with more experience and strength. But they have likely done the drugs as well. science, hell of a battle

I think it's quite naive to think professional athletes of any sport are not using PED. I mean frankly the advantage is so great and it's not like if people are properly cycling they can't get away with it... It's not like people are just doing "roids" like people used to think to get massive it's more along the lines of using drugs to get better recovery so you can train harder and longer etc...

I mean how many people here would have sworn up and down Lance Armstrong was all natural at the height of his career?

Add me to the list of people who don't think GSP cheated. Same with Machida (he drinks his pee instead haha). While lots of pro athletes cheat, it doesn't mean they all do just because many of them do.

0% surprised too see one of the Diaz brothers fail a drug test.

I don't know a single person who still watches UFC though, seems it has died down among all the fight fixing allegations and drug use, real or imagined. 15-20 of us used to get together every fight night and buy the PPV. The really high-end talent is so small as well that there are so few fights to get excited about anymore (just my opinion of course). You get the odd underdog, but unless you're watching one of the few big names Silva, Machida, GSP, etc. fight, it's like watching the Hitmen instead of the NHL - can still be somewhat entertaining, but the talent is so much lower that it isn't the same.

My Ride
    Acura CL

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Add me to the list of people who don't think GSP cheated. Same with Machida (he drinks his pee instead haha). While lots of pro athletes cheat, it doesn't mean they all do just because many of them do.

0% surprised too see one of the Diaz brothers fail a drug test.

I don't know a single person who still watches UFC though, seems it has died down among all the fight fixing allegations and drug use, real or imagined. 15-20 of us used to get together every fight night and buy the PPV. The really high-end talent is so small as well that there are so few fights to get excited about anymore (just my opinion of course). You get the odd underdog, but unless you're watching one of the few big names Silva, Machida, GSP, etc. fight, it's like watching the Hitmen instead of the NHL - can still be somewhat entertaining, but the talent is so much lower that it isn't the same.
    what fight fixing allegations?

Originally posted by The_1

what fight fixing allegations?
    Jones vs Gustaffson (sp). They changed the score cards by over 100 significant hits in Jones' favor and removed a similar amount from Gustaffson like 5 min after the fight. MMA forums were lighting up like I've never seen it before. I don't remember all the details, that was quite some time ago. A lot of people think that fight was fixed, whether or not it was nobody will ever know I guess, maybe they did, maybe they didn't.

My Ride

Jones vs Gustaffson (sp). They changed the score cards by over 100 significant hits in Jones' favor and removed a similar amount from Gustaffson like 5 min after the fight. MMA forums were lighting up like I've never seen it before. I don't remember all the details, that was quite some time ago. A lot of people think that fight was fixed, whether or not it was nobody will ever know I guess, maybe they did, maybe they didn't.
    There were so many strikes in that fight that I think it was moreso a case of numbers being corrected rather than a fight fixing. I've watched that fight many times, gustafsson put up a hell of a battle, but jones took it in the championship rounds.

As for talent, there's plenty of awesome guys to watch for. I've never been more excited to watch fights, whether it be WSOF, Bellator, UFC, etc. You just gotta know who is exciting and where the talent is.

Originally posted by zipdoa

There were so many strikes in that fight that I think it was moreso a case of numbers being corrected rather than a fight fixing. I've watched that fight many times, gustafsson put up a hell of a battle, but jones took it in the championship rounds.

As for talent, there's plenty of awesome guys to watch for. I've never been more excited to watch fights, whether it be WSOF, Bellator, UFC, etc. You just gotta know who is exciting and where the talent is.
    Again, it was a while ago so I forget all of the details, but strikes are usually corrected maybe 5-10 here and there each way, it wasn't the only fight to ever have lots of striking, but to my knowledge it was the only fight to have anywhere near that kind of score card correction. UFC also tried to cover up the correction if I recall correctly, but some people caught screen shots before/after. Even more curious was how much it favored Jones in an otherwise fairly even fight with many Jones fans thinking Gustaffson won (subjective, I know).

Pointless to argue though, I completely understand it could have been a mix up, it was just very suspicious and there were lots of people suggesting the fight was fixed. We'll never know for sure.

My Ride
    Edge Sport, F-150 EcoBoost

I don't know a single person who still watches UFC though, seems it has died down among all the fight fixing allegations and drug use, real or imagined. 15-20 of us used to get together every fight night and buy the PPV. The really high-end talent is so small as well that there are so few fights to get excited about anymore (just my opinion of course). You get the odd underdog, but unless you're watching one of the few big names Silva, Machida, GSP, etc. fight, it's like watching the Hitmen instead of the NHL - can still be somewhat entertaining, but the talent is so much lower that it isn't the same. [/B]
    That's too bad, I'm kind of just getting in to it. Trying to learn about the fighters an their histories. It seems like every major ticket, I have to do a lot of homework just to get up to speed.
    freshprince
    -Jan 2006-

Originally posted by freshprince1

That's too bad, I'm kind of just getting in to it. Trying to learn about the fighters an their histories. It seems like every major ticket, I have to do a lot of homework just to get up to speed.
    Well if you like it, keep watching - you might love it. I followed it religiously for several years, and the more I learned, the less I liked about it. I respect both opinions, but I am in the camp that thinks the Jones vs. Gustaffson fight was fixed, so that was the last straw for me personally. There has also been a shift to focus a lot more on the drama/hype side of things, which I don't like.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I haven't watched a UFC fight in years now. Last one I watched I downloaded the torrent, and only because Anderson snapped his leg. Before that, last UFC I watched was 4 or 5 events before that.

There are too many events, and spin offs to make the UFC exciting any more. I started getting into it about UFC 55ish, and got into it pretty quickly. It was exciting then. Big cards were 5-6 months apart, and always had at least 1 title fight in them, and it was a BIG event. now events are monthly, and no names are main events...

White sold this out years ago, it is just a matter of time now before the sport goes the way boxing did, and very few people give a shit.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Originally posted by spikerS
    I haven't watched a UFC fight in years now. Last one I watched I downloaded the torrent, and only because Anderson snapped his leg. Before that, last UFC I watched was 4 or 5 events before that.

There are too many events, and spin offs to make the UFC exciting any more. I started getting into it about UFC 55ish, and got into it pretty quickly. It was exciting then. Big cards were 5-6 months apart, and always had at least 1 title fight in them, and it was a BIG event. now events are monthly, and no names are main events...

White sold this out years ago, it is just a matter of time now before the sport goes the way boxing did, and very few people give a shit.
    That's pretty much what I found as well. They got themselves popular enough that they could start whoring out no-name cards 10 times more frequently than before, and got rid of what made a big fight night so exciting.

Page 285 of 298 FirstFirst ... 275 284 285 286 295 ... LastLast