Quantcast
Official MMA Thread - Page 221 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 221 of 298 FirstFirst ... 211 220 221 222 231 ... LastLast
Results 4,401 to 4,420 of 5952

Thread: Official MMA Thread

Originally posted by warcaster

Do you remember the carwin fight? Brock had it back to standing and was pushing carwin against the cage with 20 seconds left. Cain is a beast his sprawl is crazy.

Cain is going to face dos santos
    Carwin is gonna face roy nelson
    Lesnar is going to face big nog or branden schwaub

I think they should get sheilds to go to middle weight so he dosnt have to cut so much, Ive never seen him gas like that ever.

Now its time for my favorite match up this year Rampage vs Machida hopefully we see the rampage of old
    I remember Brock got saved by the bell in round 1. Then, Carwin was completely gassed because he thought he had the fight and got submitted quickly.

I agree Shields should be in middle weight, he did not look like himself.

Machida should beat Rampage easily, but anything can happen

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by projekz
    I think that the HUGE cut on Lesnar's cheek wanted to say something
    Yah, when they were trying to temporarily seal it they wiped off the Vaseline for a moment and the thing opened up. Pretty gross.

I hope we see some aggressive Rampage of the old. Don't like Machida's style so much.

My Ride
    1.2 GIGAWATT CUISINART POWERED DELOREAN

I was pretty impressed on how Lesnar took his defeat. I wasn't expecting that from him.
    “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” -Jeremy Clarkson

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Shield's proved he needs AT LEAST 1 more fight at 170 before GSP (which is what I've been saying anyway).
    Can't really blame him for having a tough time getting back to 170 after being at MW for the past few fights.
    That said, the end result of that fight was more about what Kampmann did to lose as opposed to what Shield's did to win.
    And I still maintain that putting anyone ahead of Fitch for a title shot is ludicrous. Especially Shields.
    The reason Fitch has to clean the division out twice before finally being given a shot is because stupid "fans" want to see retards in toughman competitions. Shields is far more boring than Fitch.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

Fitch should beat Shields back up to Middleweight.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

I found this funny, watch what happens when Brock walks by.

2016 Tesla Model X
    2018 Lincoln Navigator
    2016 Porsche GT3 RS

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

undertaker is badass. i wonder what he was talking about?? maybe brock back to wwe to fight taker. i don't even know if the undertaker still wrestles though.

i like that the fights over seas are all free now.

My Ride
    Z

Originally posted by VWEvo
    I found this funny, watch what happens when Brock walks by.

WWE Has Officially Asked Brock Lesnar To Face Undertaker at WrestleMania This Year
    By Amish Patel
    Oct 24, 2010 - 7:08:43 PM

- Dave Meltzer has confirmed that World Wrestling Entertainment has made an offer to Brock Lesnar to face The Undertaker at WrestleMania.

The news was kept secret from the majority of the creative team, and there has been a lot of talk today with people asking what the latest was.

It's thought that Lesnar will not be saying anything publicly for at least two weeks.

Partial Credit - F4WOnline.com

Yea the undertaker is a real badass, calling a guy out minutes after he got his ass handed to him and his face split open. Real badass

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

I watched with a group of friends and we all LOL'd when they gave the decision to Shields. He clearly lost the fight and you can make a case that Kampmann won every round. A clear case of the UFC ensuring that there is a Shields vs GSP card. Sucks for Kampmann though as he outclassed Shields but the only way he was going to be awarded the win was via KO or submission.

My Ride
    1.2 GIGAWATT CUISINART POWERED DELOREAN

Originally posted by Wildcat
    Yea the undertaker is a real badass, calling a guy out minutes after he got his ass handed to him and his face split open. Real badass

He wasn't calling him out...He's asking him if he wants to do the WrestleMania with him. See the post above you:
    Originally posted by DelSoln

WWE Has Officially Asked Brock Lesnar To Face Undertaker at WrestleMania This Year
    By Amish Patel
    Oct 24, 2010 - 7:08:43 PM

- Dave Meltzer has confirmed that World Wrestling Entertainment has made an offer to Brock Lesnar to face The Undertaker at WrestleMania.

The news was kept secret from the majority of the creative team, and there has been a lot of talk today with people asking what the latest was.

It's thought that Lesnar will not be saying anything publicly for at least two weeks.

Partial Credit - F4WOnline.com
    “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” -Jeremy Clarkson

Something is weird there though.. Wrestling is fake and ghey, but that was a pretty cold call out/stare down that seemed to have some feeling to it. An odd way to put a fake fight together, since they could do that over the phone.

Now had it been WWE cameras there, it would make more sense as they would use that to hype the fight.. But its an MMA broadcast during an MMA event.

Beats me.

My Ride

Originally posted by heavyD
    I watched with a group of friends and we all LOL'd when they gave the decision to Shields. He clearly lost the fight and you can make a case that Kampmann won every round. A clear case of the UFC ensuring that there is a Shields vs GSP card. Sucks for Kampmann though as he outclassed Shields but the only way he was going to be awarded the win was via KO or submission.
    Really? Everyone at my place thought Shields clearly one the fight points wise but didn't really do any damage... I was a little shocked to even hear one of the judges giving Kampmann the win even though I was cheering for him.
    Click here to check out my racing sim...

Originally posted by GQBalla
    tictactoe2004 you are scary

My Ride
    e92 335i

GSP will wreck Shields, Condit has probably the best chance against GSP of all the contenders ATM.

My Ride
    95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    Something is weird there though.. Wrestling is fake and ghey, but that was a pretty cold call out/stare down that seemed to have some feeling to it. An odd way to put a fake fight together, since they could do that over the phone.

Now had it been WWE cameras there, it would make more sense as they would use that to hype the fight.. But its an MMA broadcast during an MMA event.

Beats me.
    it's all an angle (not Kurt)

Originally posted by heavyD
    The reason, IMO, is because the UFC doesn't care about damage dealt. They value takedowns and wrestling over all else, which is an issue a lot of people are complaining about. A lot of people would like to see the judging rules changed, including myself. I agree Shields did zero damage, but unfortunately you don't have to in order to win a UFC fight. Kampman did more damage with the two knees he hit Shields with than Shields did over the entire fight. Given how the judges score the fights all the time, it wasn't hard to see why they gave it to Shields.

I think Pride had a better scoring system, with a lot more weight placed on strikes and damage dealt.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

The reason, IMO, is because the UFC doesn't care about damage dealt. They value takedowns and wrestling over all else, which is an issue a lot of people are complaining about. A lot of people would like to see the judging rules changed, including myself. I agree Shields did zero damage, but unfortunately you don't have to in order to win a UFC fight. Kampman did more damage with the two knees he hit Shields with than Shields did over the entire fight. Given how the judges score the fights all the time, it wasn't hard to see why they gave it to Shields.

I think Pride had a better scoring system, with a lot more weight placed on strikes and damage dealt.
    Just to play devil's advocate here. You can train to get out of a bad position, you can train to defend a take down, you can train to defend a submission, but you can't train your tissues to show less damage dealt.

What I mean is, some people bruise up very easy compared to other fighters, whats to say he was really "hurt". On the other hand, I can definitely say that Kampmann was definitely getting ROLLED on the ground.

This being all said, I still felt Kampmann SHOULD of won, but knew he was going to lose after his bad choice in Rd 3.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Originally posted by Wildcat
    i didn't mean to imply him calling out brock to make the undertaker a badass. i was referring to him as entertainer and person. either way brock won't go back unless he gets a ton of money.

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by danno

i didn't mean to imply him calling out brock to make the undertaker a badass. i was referring to him as entertainer and person. either way brock won't go back unless he gets a ton of money.

impossible ufc has him under contract and by the balls

My Ride
    95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster

Originally posted by warcaster

impossible ufc has him under contract and by the balls
    if Vince McMannequin offered Dana White $50 and a seat with good camera exposure, he'd agree to let Lesnar go to Wrestlemania in a heartbeat.

Page 221 of 298 FirstFirst ... 211 220 221 222 231 ... LastLast