Quantcast
Official MMA Thread - Page 233 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 233 of 298 FirstFirst ... 223 232 233 234 243 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 5952

Thread: Official MMA Thread

Originally posted by warcaster
    Your kidding right? He took out every last generation heavyweight while they were in there prime, just because some of his old opponents are washed up now dosnt mean they were when he fought them.
    Ricardo Arona
    Renalto Sabral
    Semmy Schilt
    Heath Herring
    Antonio Rodrigo Nougeria twice(former pride and ufc champion)
    Gary Goodridge
    Kevin Randleman
    Mark Coleman twice ( in his prime after ufc heavyweight champion)
    Mirko cro cop ( in his prime when he was destroying everyone)
    Tim Sylvia (coming off the loss of his title to couture) in 30 sec
    Andrei Arlovski (pretty much broke his chin)
    Brett Rodgers

You can say all you want but there is a reason why he is the most respected fighter amongst all the other fighters. He was a heavyweight champion from 2003 till pride ended in 2007.

Really the people silva and gsp have faced make them no different. Fedor finished 24 out of 31 fights which is insane

Like I said when it comes to fighting people are always about what are you doing for me now and seem to forget the past in a instant.
    Alright...every single person you named is out of their prime. It was their post UFC careers. Many people have the rumor the Fedor picks and chooses his fights and he definately does have one of the most over-rated records in MMA history. You are one of the "I love Fedor" fans I get that...but he isn't as great as his record says. Even fighters in the UFC like Chuck Liddel openly call him overrated. If he was "so great" that is like a hockey player calling Gretzky or Crosby overrated.

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by Type_S1

Alright...every single person you named is out of their prime. It was their post UFC careers. Many people have the rumor the Fedor picks and chooses his fights and he definately does have one of the most over-rated records in MMA history. You are one of the "I love Fedor" fans I get that...but he isn't as great as his record says. Even fighters in the UFC like Chuck Liddel openly call him overrated. If he was "so great" that is like a hockey player calling Gretzky or Crosby overrated.
    I am a huge Fedor fan because of two things Action packed fights and crazy comebacks. Everyone on that list was in their prime except for Arlovski and Tim Sylvia so I dont understand where you are coming from?. He always brings the fight and that alone makes him a great fighter.
    Dont get me wrong he was fed alot of crap ass fighters in pride but its the good ones that he beat that stand out for me. Almost everytime he has been put in a bad position he has comeback for the win.

BTW Chuck Liddel saying that is a joke and I believe Rampage has has proven on more then one occasion who is one of the most overrated ufc fighters. I heard that interview a while back and I dont think that there was ever a time where chuck liddel could beat fedor.

Anyways even if Fedor won on saturday I dont think there was a chance in hell he gets by Overeem (if or when he beats Werdum). The power Overeem has displayed in his last couple fights is crazier then any I have seen from any heavyweight.

Edit:

Is this the interview where chuck calls him out and says he dosnt have one punch power? Fedor dosnt have one punch power? Hahahaaha he must have been drunk or high on coke.
    Last edited by scboss; 02-14-2011 at 05:05 PM.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Anyone notice Nick Ring is on the card for UFC 127.

http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC127#/fig...ng-Riki-Fukuda

My Ride
    Subaru GR

^^yeah Good luck Nick!!

edit: funny interview http://www.addictedmma.com/story-Exc...ing-speaks.php
    Last edited by 1-Bar; 02-19-2011 at 09:30 AM.
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    '08 Suzuki GSXR600

Originally posted by Type_S1

yeah, they're out of their prime NOW. he kcked the ever-loving crap out of them when they were at the top of their game.
    fedor isnt overrated, he's just getting older, you cant expect the guy to go undefeated for the rest of his career, that and like someone already said, the heavy weights these days are massive

i think fedor has alot of time left, he's still as squirrelly as ever ( had silva leaning on that cage tired after the first round ) i just dont think he can handle the bigguns anymore. a smart choice would be to drop down in weight for him. i'd LOVE to see him manhandle the light heavy weight division.

any way you look at it, had fedor have been in pride, or the ufc back in 2003-2007, he would have dominated either or. fedor isnt the best anymore, im in no way saying he is, but calling him overrated when the man sat at the top of the ladder all those years?? i dunnnooo!

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Anyone watch the fights last night? How the hell did Nick Ring win that fight? What a joke.

My Ride
    Subaru GR

Watch the fight on mute and he won the first 2 rounds. Please don't buy into the hyp that Rogan puts on. The fight card was amazing, 'the arrow' should get a contract with UFC after that performance.
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Originally posted by 1-Bar
    Watch the fight on mute and he won the first 2 rounds. Please don't buy into the hyp that Rogan puts on. The fight card was amazing, 'the arrow' should get a contract with UFC after that performance.
    Not a chance, he got beat up every round.

Originally posted by 89coupe

Not a chance, he got beat up every round.
    I'd have to agree, although I am a big fan of Nick Ring I don't think he won that fight (I was watching at a bar so I couldn't hear Joe anyways).

My Ride
    Acura CL

I'm a nick ring fan and was rooting for him
    But he lost that fight!!

My Ride
    Subaru GR

Round 1 was Ring's for sure with the sub attempts and control on the feet. Round 2 I think Ring did more damage on the feet and kept the fight where he wanted it, on the feet. Sure he got hit with take downs, but he got up each time. He cracked Fukuda's leg this round too and dominated the clinch game. Round 3 was easily Fukuda's. Finally established top position and kept it from his double leg. If a wrestler takes it to the ground where they want you, sure he should win. But if a wrestler can take you down but can't keep you there, well I'd score it in favour of the person with better wrestling defence. Just my 2 cents

Bisping is such a god damn clown, I can't wait to see him fight his next worthy opponent and lose handily as he always does against the guys with lots of skill. He is rumored to fight Belfort next, so that will be good.

A BLATANT, knowing, illegal knee (he paused, then threw it, with BOTH Rivera's knees on the ground) then spitting on Rivera's corner man...that is pathetic. Dana White made him apologize in his post fight speech but I'm surprised he wasn't fined or anything. IMO spitting on a corner man is no better than when Daley punched Koscheck post-fight. Equally, if not more, disrespectful IMO.

I think Rivera would have lost regardless but I wish he would have said he couldn't continue after the knee so Bisping would have another loss on his record.

As for Penn/Fitch, Penn looked much better than Fitch until the third round where he kinda didn't really do anything haha.

The Siver fight was easily fight of the night, Siver really impressed me there.

EDIT: Looks like Bisping is indeed being punished according to Dana White. Not sure how yet.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 03-01-2011 at 02:22 PM.

My Ride
    I like. :)

I'm not surprised about Bisping. He's a bratty little english boy, unfortunately he's the UFC's poster boy for the UK. I wonder if he's being paid to act like a classic english royal d-bag. My favorite fight of his was against Dan Henderson: Hendo KO'd him across the ring and back to the f'ing UK. It was awesome, lmao.

Rivera would have lost no honour if he said he couldn't continue since Bisping has no honour himself. Siver's win was bit surreal in how easy it was for him. He made Sot look like he had no skills besides his BJJ. Siver needs to work on finishing tough fighters like Sot though. Ring's win was a joke, he totally lost. I thought Penn would have won a split but overall a draw is better than Fitch winning that one.

PS: Shogun vs. Jones in 7 days!

My Ride
    Subaru GR

New champ in 7 days!

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

^^^ Crazy!

Wow.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    Subaru GR

Sweet, hopefully more Gina weigh ins!!

Zuffa bought Strikeforce, but it's going to operate separately still. At least in the near future, there won't be any differences at all.

Strikeforce picks up all the garbage the UFC doesn't want (i.e. Paul Daley), so when their contracts are up they may have to go find some other venue to fight in, who knows.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    Zuffa bought Strikeforce, but it's going to operate separately still. At least in the near future, there won't be any differences at all.

Strikeforce picks up all the garbage the UFC doesn't want (i.e. Paul Daley), so when their contracts are up they may have to go find some other venue to fight in, who knows.
    Dana said he would let Scott Coker negotiate with whoever he wants, but you know for sure guys like Paul Daley are fucked.. hahaha Dana seems like a vindictive bastard!

Page 233 of 298 FirstFirst ... 223 232 233 234 243 ... LastLast