Quantcast
Official MMA Thread - Page 209 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 209 of 298 FirstFirst ... 199 208 209 210 219 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,180 of 5952

Thread: Official MMA Thread

Main event was great. Kimbo can't go past 1 round, Kos vs. GSP will be the worst TUF ever, stout vs. stevens was awesome.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

lol Koscheck is such a bitch... I dunno if Daley is so much actually trying to knee him to the face or simple step out of Koschecks left arm which is trying to grapple his leg...

Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    TypeR

the only reason i thought he got grazed is because daley didnt try to deny it at all. He must of felt contact otherwise he would have went ballistic. On a side note i feel sorry for kimbo he has a very awkward weight and its to bad he couldnt drop to 205. You could really see the weight difference taking effect when the other guy was on top.
    IG:scboss

My Ride
    Subaru GR

great fights, Kos is an idiot....second time a phantom strike hits him and almost ends the fight in DQ. First one was his own finger poking him in the eye....

Whatever, I'll still watch his fights, just like Brock Lesner and Mayweather's because I want to see them lose. Shogun/Machida was good, although Machida looked llike an amature....seemed very nervous and didn't look like his vintage point-striking style
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

Shogun is lookin' more homo all the time.

My Ride
    1.2 GIGAWATT CUISINART POWERED DELOREAN

Shogun FTW. Now I wanna see Shogun vs Anderson Silva
    “I don’t understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do?” -Jeremy Clarkson

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Glad Shogun didn't let it go to decision again. I'm actually surprised by Machida's performance though, it was not what I'm used to seeing from him.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

You can call Kos a pussy all you want for his repeated phantom illegal strikes, but nothing he's ever done competes with the spectacularly cowardly bullshit Daley pulled.
    I think this article has it exactly right.
    Daley couldn't touch him for 15 minutes, so he tried to sucker punch him from behind when he knew Kos wouldn't be able to hit him back. What a little bitch. I reallly don't see a lack of Paul fucking Daley being a huge detriment to the UFC...
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/05/0...at-fits-crime/
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

Originally posted by TKRIS
    You can call Kos a pussy all you want for his repeated phantom illegal strikes, but nothing he's ever done competes with the spectacularly cowardly bullshit Daley pulled.
    I think this article has it exactly right.
    Daley couldn't touch him for 15 minutes, so he tried to sucker punch him from behind when he knew Kos wouldn't be able to hit him back. What a little bitch. I reallly don't see a lack of Paul fucking Daley being a huge detriment to the UFC...
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/05/0...at-fits-crime/
    IMO blatant cheating in a sport like this is worse than a post fight punch. Faking/acting to try get someone DQ'd is no worse than performance enhancing drugs or similar. Putting on a show to get the opponent DQ'd, now that's cowardly. If he was confident in himself he wouldn't have pulled that shit.

Just my opinion of course, but in my mind there is nothing worse. At least we get to see GSP kick his ass now. Daley got what he deserved but Koscheck should have had the same fate.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 05-10-2010 at 12:43 AM.

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

IMO blatant cheating in a sport like this is worse than a post fight punch. Faking/acting to try get someone DQ'd is no worse than performance enhancing drugs or similar. Putting on a show to get the opponent DQ'd, now that's cowardly. If he was confident in himself he wouldn't have pulled that shit.

Just my opinion of course, but in my mind there is nothing worse. At least we get to see GSP kick his ass now. Daley got what he deserved but Koscheck should have had the same fate.
    Thats the thing tho it may not have hit hard but even if it glances its still a illegal strike, if they never tried the strike which is illegal nothing happens. Fighters hitting fighters after the bell is so bad for the sport. The ufc is still trying to tap into the market that has not accepted mma and this kind of stuff takes the "respect" and "legit" out of the sport. In the end its should be a sport not a street brawl.
    IG:scboss

Originally posted by warcaster

Thats the thing tho it may not have hit hard but even if it glances its still a illegal strike, if they never tried the strike which is illegal nothing happens. Fighters hitting fighters after the bell is so bad for the sport. The ufc is still trying to tap into the market that has not accepted mma and this kind of stuff takes the "respect" and "legit" out of the sport. In the end its should be a sport not a street brawl.
    I don't think it hit at all (and his toe didn't come anywhere near the eye), and the other possibility as mentioned earlier is that Daily could have been avoiding Koscheck's grab for his leg (although more unlikely).

If I was becoming interested in a sport and found out they turn the other way when people make blatant attempts to cheat, I would be far more turned off than a post-fight punch. Maybe I'm the only one who thinks this way, but its the same regardless of the sport, I think people who cheat are the lowest of the low and should be removed from the sport on first offense. Attempting to provoke a DQ and not even holding the right part of the face to sell the act is just pathetic, in my eyes anyways.

Both of them are clowns as far as I'm concerned.

My Ride

I'm not sure how you can be so pissed off about Kos's "acting".
    He's just playing the game. It's not commendable or anything, but it's not cheating. Guys play up "injuries" like that in every sport. You ever see a hockey game?
    On the other hand, kneeing a downed opponent in the face IS illegal, and it IS cheating. I don't like Kos, but Daley was the one doing all the cheap shit and cheating in that fight. Kos didn't do anything illegal.

I'm not sure how you can be so pissed off about Kos's "acting".
    He's just playing the game. It's not commendable or anything, but it's not cheating. Guys play up "injuries" like that in every sport. You ever see a hockey game?
    On the other hand, kneeing a downed opponent in the face IS illegal, and it IS cheating. I don't like Kos, but Daley was the one doing all the cheap shit and cheating in that fight. Kos didn't do anything illegal.
    In a hockey game, there are penalties for diving, and its far less likely that the team will lose the game, but still possible.

In MMA, a dive could cost the opponent the fight, lots of money, or even his career. It also makes the sport look like a joke when that sort of thing is tolerated.

Koscheck didn't even come close to getting kneed in the face, so nothing illegal was done. It also isn't 100% clear of Daley's intentions, because Koscheck was grabbing for his leg so Daley could have been pulling it out of the way (although unlikely).

I'm not supporting what Daley did, and he got what he deserved.

I just have zero respect for people who try and pull shit like both of them did, but I think what Koscheck did was worse because what if he succeeded and the fight went to the scorecards and Daley lost by the point that was deducted for the phantom illegal strike. If they are worried about newcomers not respecting the sport, cheating is worse than a post fight punch IMO. I don't expect everyone to agree with me .

My Ride

Kneeing someone to the head is potentially far more detrental than pretending you got kneed in the head. That's why one of these actions is actually illegal (and this considered cheating).
    If Koscheck had been trying to get Daley DQ'd, he wouldn't have said "yeah, I'm ok. I can see. Let's fight."
    And if you think Daley was just trying to step out of a single, you hugged entirely too much glue over the weekend.
    There's a much greater chance that that grazing knee really did hurt Josh than there is that Daley didn't really mean to throw it.

You may not like the rules, but those ARE the rules. Daley cheated. Koscheck didn't.

Of course, this still ignores the possibility that kos actually did get hurt by a grazing knee, and the hypocraxy of saying "what if the fight had been stopped on account of a phantom (but still illegal) knee" while ignoring the much more likely scenario of "what if the blatantly illegal knee had landed flush".
    Last edited by TKRIS; 05-10-2010 at 10:38 AM.

Kneeing someone to the head is potentially far more detrental than pretending you got kneed in the head. That's why one of these actions is actually illegal (and this considered cheating).
    If Koscheck had been trying to get Daley DQ'd, he wouldn't have said "yeah, I'm ok. I can see. Let's fight."
    And if you think Daley was just trying to step out of a single, you hugged entirely too much glue over the weekend.
    There's a much greater chance that that grazing knee really did hurt Josh than there is that Daley didn't really mean to throw it.

You may not like the rules, but those ARE the rules. Daley cheated. Koscheck didn't.
    A knee to the head, although illegal, is certainly no worse than a Cro-cop kick to the head, which is fully legal (which is why I've always wondered why they are illegal in the first place).

Koscheck only said he was OK after everyone figured out he was faking it. The way he was rolling around on the ground holding the wrong part of his face didn't suggest he was OK.

I don't think Daley was just stepping away, but it is possible. As I said before it was very unlikely. Daley got what he deserved regardless, I have no arguments there. The guy is a clown.

Anyways, it seems we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I think there should have been some form of punishment for Koscheck too. At least something. You shouldn't be able to get away with stuff like that in any sport, especially MMA.

Someone should tell Koscheck MMA isn't soccer. That was pathetic. And yes, the only reason he said he was OK was bec. everyone saw the instant replay on the big screen.

My Ride

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Anyways, it seems we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one. I think there should have been some form of punishment for Koscheck too. At least something. You shouldn't be able to get away with stuff like that in any sport, especially MMA.
    and that's fine. If you think kos should be punished for acting like a little bitch, that a defendable position. I was only taking exception to calling him a cheater. According to the rules, Koscheck did nothing wrong (and it's entirely possible that he wasn't even trying to put on a show, but that beside the point).
    You have a problem with the rules, and that's fine.
    But Koscheck didn't cheat or break any rules at all. It's fine to say you thnk the rules should be changed, but since they aren't, I'm not sure what you'd expect Josh to be punished under, since he didn't break any rules or cheat or anything…

On a related note, I'm not sure how you'd enforce a "you weren't as bad as you pretended to be hurt by that illegal strike/move" rule.
    I didn't really think the elbow jones landed on Vera was anything terribly spectacular or game changing, but it was enough to break brandons face and make him quit, so maybe how much something looks like it hurts doesn't always correspond to how much it actually hurt.

and that's fine. If you think kos should be punished for acting like a little bitch, that a defendable position. I was only taking exception to calling him a cheater. According to the rules, Koscheck did nothing wrong (and it's entirely possible that he wasn't even trying to put on a show, but that beside the point).
    You have a problem with the rules, and that's fine.
    But Koscheck didn't cheat or break any rules at all. It's fine to say you thnk the rules should be changed, but since they aren't, I'm not sure what you'd expect Josh to be punished under, since he didn't break any rules or cheat or anything…

On a related note, I'm not sure how you'd enforce a "you weren't as bad as you pretended to be hurt by that illegal strike/move" rule.
    I didn't really think the elbow jones landed on Vera was anything terribly spectacular or game changing, but it was enough to break brandons face and make him quit, so maybe how much something looks like it hurts doesn't always correspond to how much it actually hurt.
    I agree that he didn't technically cheat as there is no written rules saying you can't "dive", but on a similar note, Anderson Silva's jumping around like a monkey isn't illegal either, but if he does it again he's getting kicked out of the UFC. I see things like what Koscheck did to be no different. I was surprised Dana didn't even comment on it at all, usually he is quick to call people out, regardless as to who they are. If Anderson could be kicked out for not putting on an exciting enough fight, Koscheck should be warned he will be kicked out if he "dives" again.

I think they should at the very least just use their point system and have a "diving" offense or whatever you want to call it. Even better would be to use the Pride card system where 10% of the purse was deducted, but unfortunately that isn't the case.

Anyways I just think that there should be some rule in place to prevent, or even discourage, the faking of injuries in a sport like this.

There's a huge difference between the Jones elbow and the Daly knee.
    1. Daly's knee did not connect at all so you're argument regarding "something looks like it hurt vs how much it really hurts" does not apply at all.
    2. Vera giving up bec. of the pain inflicted by the elbow meant he lost the match. While if Koscheck said he couldn't continue due to the knee (and if there were no replays) would have meant he wins by DQ.

Anyways... Ubereem vs. Rogers this Saturday. Someone's going to get KTFO

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

Page 209 of 298 FirstFirst ... 199 208 209 210 219 ... LastLast