Quantcast
Official MMA Thread - Page 245 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 245 of 298 FirstFirst ... 235 244 245 246 255 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,900 of 5952

Thread: Official MMA Thread

My Ride
    TypeR

The ref should have stopped the fight via tko when he went down and turtled. Sure the punched to the back of the head were bs but there was no way he was recovering from that and the fight was over two punches before that. Tito may have taken the fight on short notice but if he was to take a full training camp the result would be no different cuz rashad is on a different level.

You may prefer to watch people out of the top ten fight (main event WTF?). But I prefer to see the top guys in the world work there magic.

Don't get me wrong the fight night card was hype but I would Never pay a cent for that.
    I watched ufc 1-7 last weekend, you want to see shit officiating watch that some guys get knocked out 2-3 times in a fight

treg50: I don't agree with a lot of the things you say, but doesn't mean I am correct either. I will say that, fighters get talked to by the refs backstage before the fight happens.

Refs tell them when they will stop a fight and what not. Usually when you turtle, that is a strong sign of not defending intelligently. Whether the illegal shots happened or not, Sexyama turtled hard. I even love Akiyama but I believe it was a fair stoppage.

My Ride
    I like. :)

Originally posted by warcaster
    You may prefer to watch people out of the top ten fight (main event WTF?). But I prefer to see the top guys in the world work there magic.

Don't get me wrong the fight night card was hype but I would Never pay a cent for that.
    I watched ufc 1-7 last weekend, you want to see shit officiating watch that some guys get knocked out 2-3 times in a fight
    Not arguing your opinion but I never said I prefer that -- so don't say I did. The UFC has had disappointing PPV cards, it's a fact.

PPV or Free, what I prefer is entertaining competitive fights between two fighters who are healthy and well prepared. For example: Henderson v Miller, no excuses there, and Cerrone v Olivera, perfect examples and it wasn't PPV + all 4 guys are top 10.

hehe, I saw the early UFCs many years ago, but comparing that UFC to today's UFC doesn't make sense. That's like telling me cars from 1910 were crazy cause they didn't have airbags and seatbelts so today's cars have no problems. It's apples and oranges. Today's ref'ing should be more intelligent than the old days, and usually it is.

treg50: I don't agree with a lot of the things you say, but doesn't mean I am correct either. I will say that, fighters get talked to by the refs backstage before the fight happens.

Refs tell them when they will stop a fight and what not. Usually when you turtle, that is a strong sign of not defending intelligently. Whether the illegal shots happened or not, Sexyama turtled hard. I even love Akiyama but I believe it was a fair stoppage.
    We've seen guys on top hold their punches when the guy below turtles and leaves the back of his head open. I like that. It shows skill, discipline, intelligence, awareness --- it tells me that dominant fighter is not desperate and wants to win clean. To me, at this point in his career Belfort is not sharp as he used to be, he's angry, dirty, sloppy and desperate. Also, can't forget in his win over Rich Franklin he punched him in the back of the head as well --- hopefully refs will crack down on Belfort's crap.

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by treg50

PPV or Free, what I prefer is entertaining competitive fights between two fighters who are healthy and well prepared. For example: Henderson v Miller, no excuses there, and Cerrone v Olivera, perfect examples and it wasn't PPV + all 4 guys are top 10.

We've seen guys on top hold their punches when the guy below turtles and leaves the back of his head open. I like that. It shows skill, discipline, intelligence, awareness --- it tells me that dominant fighter is not desperate and wants to win clean. To me, at this point in his career Belfort is not sharp as he used to be, he's angry, dirty, sloppy and desperate. Also, can't forget in his win over Rich Franklin he punched him in the back of the head as well --- hopefully refs will crack down on Belfort's crap.

It feels like ufc is a sport now. That dosnt mean it is not a life or death situation.
    To me dumbest rules are
    No kicks/knees to a downed opponents face
    No punches to the back of the head

It benefits the guys losing and you see it match to match guys going in to those positions to avoid face shots. I dont understand why these are illegal but elbows are not. Elbows almost never knock ppl out and they just cut up the fighters. If someone turtles head shots should be allowed IMO.

UFC needs to bring back pride rules and it would solve alot of problems.

BTW cerrone and olivera are not top 10

My Ride

It feels like ufc is a sport now. That dosnt mean it is not a life or death situation.
    To me dumbest rules are

It benefits the guys losing and you see it match to match guys going in to those positions to avoid face shots. I dont understand why these are illegal but elbows are not. Elbows almost never knock ppl out and they just cut up the fighters. If someone turtles head shots should be allowed IMO.

UFC needs to bring back pride rules and it would solve alot of problems.
    Answer: Fighter health, safety and career.

My Ride
    kryptonian meteorite

To me dumbest rules are
    my buddy is an amateur fighter and he said getting punched in the back of the head is brutal. he got hit a few times by someone and he blacked out during the fight and doesn't remember anything. for sure its for the safety of the participants.

Originally posted by treg50

Well if you argue it this way, I can't really disagree with that. Yes, he may not be as disciplined, as adrenaline will make you act different in these situations. This is what separates a good fighter from an excellent fighter.

I would also argue that any fighter that turtles up and protects himself but leaves only back of his head open, and only exposes the back of his head to people is exploiting the rules. I for one dislike seeing fighters cover up and take advantage by hiding their head tucked into their chest and only exposing the back of the head. But alas, this is just my opinion, and fighters are just doing what they can do.

In the case of Vitor, I would agree that if he was disciplined, he would begin raining down punches to other parts of Akiyama, eg. the body. I too dislike it when fighters throw punches so sloppy on a grounded opponent. But I wasn't really arguing that Vitor isn't sloppy, merely I was explaining that the punches standing and the pressure in my eyes were enough to end the fight. The extra punches that inadvertently landed were most likely not needed to finish the fight, but I can't say for sure because what happened, happened.

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by stevieo

my buddy is an amateur fighter and he said getting punched in the back of the head is brutal. he got hit a few times by someone and he blacked out during the fight and doesn't remember anything. for sure its for the safety of the participants.
    Yeah well that also happens anytime you get knocked out. Im not paying to see some guy curl up while he recovers. The most exciting fights were with pride rules. You never let your guard down and you ALWAYS intelligently defend yourself.

My Ride

^ By the gods, that is the most epic trailer the UFC has never put together.... call me a crazy fan but I watched it twice and got chills both times. Great work by that fan -- UFC should hire this guy. Is that trailer downloadable any where? Good find Supa.

Rampage can still knock the baddest man's block off, but he is a major underdog against Jones. Both guys are awesome to me but I expect Jones to win, but I would SO LOVE to see Rampage pull off the upset.

I'm guessing someone was going to ask.

http://www.norwaysport.co.uk/
    http://magictv.co/

Streams 1 and 3 on first link, veetle should be best.

My Ride
    LHD CYM R1 FD3S

beecue ftw! Thanks man.

My Ride
    LHD CYM R1 FD3S

So who gets the next shot @ the spider?

My Ride
    '05 Acura TL

Originally posted by A3GTiVR6SC
    You didn't hear him? He wants his clone.

The brazilians really put on a show tonight and came out looking for the finish. I think anderson would have toyed around with Yushin a little bit more but he didn't want to piss uncle Dana off so he went in and finished it when he did. He looked reluctant as hell when he went in.
    Originally posted by edde
    its called sarcasim you fucking idiot

So happy for Nog, I love that he got a KO.

Okami did better than I expected but Anderson got him pretty good. Props to Anderson for not absolutely ruining him unnecessarily, it seemed once Okami basically said "F this" and turtled, he did the bare minimum necessary to get a stoppage.

Forrest looked like a clown, I don't know what was up with him. He did basically nothing, and fell down for no obvious reason.

Excellent event overall.

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by A3GTiVR6SC
    Its rumored to be Dan Henderson

My Ride
    1990 4runner

So the rumored GSP Silva fight is looking pretty unlikely i guess? Was there any talk about that?

Originally posted by Freeskier
    So the rumored GSP Silva fight is looking pretty unlikely i guess? Was there any talk about that?
    It would have to be catch weight, and I actually hope that doesn't happen. Anderson is WAY bigger than GSP, if you've ever seen them side by side. I think Anderson would crush GSP and I don't want to watch that haha.

My Ride
    1990 4runner

Yeah last time I heard them talking about it, GSP was going to bulk up to 185. Apparently he usually walks around at ~190 when he isn't cutting for a fight. But Silva would still be alot bigger.

My Ride
    TypeR

To me aderson vs gsp dosnt make sense. It would be cool to happen but much superior if they keep dominating there current weight classes.

Page 245 of 298 FirstFirst ... 235 244 245 246 255 ... LastLast