Quantcast
Official MMA Thread - Page 212 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 212 of 298 FirstFirst ... 202 211 212 213 222 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,240 of 5952

Thread: Official MMA Thread

My Ride
    Subaru GR

my wife has more RNC defense then Pat Barry
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    2006 HP

Who do you guys got for the Lesnar/Carwin fight?

I got Carwin via KO 2nd round

My Ride
    Subaru GR

I got my money on Carwin....man WEC card was incredible this past weekend!! I'll post some money shots when I get home...
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    2008 Nissan Titan

Yeah man did you go to it> what an amazing show and fights, can't believe only 5600 made it out.

Shit decision at the end with the Varner bout a draw.

My Ride
    Subaru GR

yeah I went to it...amazing card by far and great controversy at the end. I had Varner winning it easily. 1st and 2nd round with the groin kick point deduction......

Yeah 5600 was disappointing but the seats were mega uncomfortable and I was glad the 2 rows in front of us were empty. We sat 7 rows up from the stadium seating.....

Oh yeah...Go Fedor!!!

lol Fedor

My Ride
    LS460L

Originally posted by Antonito
    lol Fedor
    werdum got lucky!!!! that was BULLSHIT!!

A part of me died today...

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    14 fit, 11 Ridgeline, 12 outlander

Fedor looked a little to comfortable in his fight like he was just going to roll through everyone in strikeforce until something bigger comes along....
    Originally posted by Unknown303
    Everything makes me upset.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    Nonsense. You've all got slanty eyes, play Starcraft, speak Chinese and eat nothing but sushi and ginger beef.

DON'T TRY AND CONVINCE ME OTHERWISE

My Ride
    e92 335i

Originally posted by MaxxLee

werdum got lucky!!!! that was BULLSHIT!!
    Wasn't luck, Fedor got careless and Werdum being one of the most decorated HW BJJ fighters capitalized on it quickly.

I also felt bad after the fight. I like werdum, I just want fedor to continue his winning streak and see him vs overeem. I dont think werdum got lucky, fedor did what he typically does which is go for the ground and pound. Regardless of the mistake he might have made, what makes me a fan is he doesnt care where the fight goes, he will stand with k1 level strikers and go to the ground with jits experts. Dana can say whatever he want but anderson didnt want anything to do with mia on the ground and avoided him.

I dont believe in pfp, but now the ranking will change and anderson will be pfp number one. Some people didnt even have werdum in the top 10, it sucks because even though he won I bet that the winner of carwin/brock will get the top spot. I think if fedor went to the ufc he would win most if not all his fights against thier top 4 (jds, carwin, brock, cain) Fedor is still number one in my books, but if he lost im glad it was to someone like werdum, who seems nice/humble.

My Ride
    95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster

Fuck what a shitty 7days in MMA.

My Ride
    e92 335i

Wow Lesnar's lucky the ref didn't stop it in the first round, seen many fights stopped with people getting hit less than he was. Good for him though, never would have thought he would ever slap on an arm triangle like that.

I'm betting on tennis from now on....

Nobody comes back from 6-0 6-0 5-0 triple match point to win, and that's exactly what just happened to Lesnar.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

How is it even possible to be at this level of competition and have conditioning that's that poor? I realize the adrenaline dump was probably a big factor, but I have a tough time believing that Carwin and his coaches didn't realize how incredibly poor his cardio is and work tirelessly on developping a gas tank.
    From what I saw of Brock, I think Cain is going to put a hurting on him. His standup looked HORRIBLE, and he wasn't doing much from the top until an exhausted Carwin just let him put the sub on.
    Cains got much netter hands (although maybe less power) than Carwin, and he's a much more athletic, aggressive wrestler. I think he'll give Brock all the same problems Shane did, but he won't gas, and won't be held down or outwrestled.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster

Originally posted by TKRIS
    How is it even possible to be at this level of competition and have conditioning that's that poor? I realize the adrenaline dump was probably a big factor, but I have a tough time believing that Carwin and his coaches didn't realize how incredibly poor his cardio is and work tirelessly on developping a gas tank.
    easy- have all your previous fights average about a minute long.

but yeah, they should have realized this one could go longer

My Ride
    06 F-150

Well many heavyweights will get gassed that quick. And he was going hard for the kill the whole first round. He went all out because he thought at any second the fight was going to be called off, and I'm sure everyone else thought the same thing. Almost any heavyweight going like that would get gassed and have a hard time recovering.

Carwin should have worked on his cardio a bit more, but almost no matter how good of shape he was in he would have gassed himself with that onslaught. I guess he should have calmed down a bit to save some energy but I don't blame him for going that hard.

Chris Leben was the man last night! One of the best fights I've seen in a while, can't wait to see what's next for the Crippler.

Originally posted by chathamf
    Well many heavyweights will get gassed that quick. And he was going hard for the kill the whole first round. He went all out because he thought at any second the fight was going to be called off, and I'm sure everyone else thought the same thing. Almost any heavyweight going like that would get gassed and have a hard time recovering.

Carwin should have worked on his cardio a bit more, but almost no matter how good of shape he was in he would have gassed himself with that onslaught. I guess he should have calmed down a bit to save some energy but I don't blame him for going that hard.

Chris Leben was the man last night! One of the best fights I've seen in a while, can't wait to see what's next for the Crippler.
    they will most likely put him up against wanderlei

I think Brock and Shane are good HW but they are not top 5. The UFC hype machine wants you to believe a guy that is 5-1 is the best heavyweight in the world. Brock and Carwin each held titles and had some good wins, and thats why they were ranked above Cain and JDS who have better records/wins. I think this fight showed that both Brock and Carwin and very beatable. It also showed that if Brock doesnt have the size advantage he doesnt look as good as he does given a smaller opponent. I think that a guy of Carwins size was bound to gas although it looked like he didnt exert to much energy during the first round. If Carwin knew he was getting tired he should have just went for the submission himself. Either way this sets up some good fights in the UFC.

My Ride
    06 F-150

Originally posted by BigDannyCool

they will most likely put him up against wanderlei
    Apparently Silva's recent injury is putting him out for a long while. Dana said that a fight with him and Leben is not likely to happen anytime soon. So I guess they will find another opponent for him in the mean time.

Page 212 of 298 FirstFirst ... 202 211 212 213 222 ... LastLast