Quantcast
Official MMA Thread - Page 214 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 214 of 298 FirstFirst ... 204 213 214 215 224 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 5952

Thread: Official MMA Thread

Im not completely sold on cain or jds either, but as far as current contenders at hw there arnt many other guys out there. I think brock loses to either cain or jds, not say exactly who but I think his size, wrestling and athleticism will only take him so far. The famous fighters in the ufc make decent money, the salary's that they officialy pay out doesnt tell the whole truth but the guys who havnt made a name for themselves dont get that much. Carwin for instance only got 40k for his fight with brock. Brock on the other hand made alot more and got a share of ppv buys. I doubt fedor was ever offered anywhere near 6 mil a fight. They may have offered him a share of ppv, but thats not a sure thing and fedor isnt a big draw. Speculatively I think overeem can take brock, would be entertaining either way. I dont think overeem will sign with ufc either.

My Ride
    2012 300C SRT8 /2015 F150 Platinum

Brief interuption..

I just found out our company sponsors Lesnar. I didn't realize until I saw his fight shorts during his weigh in. On one hand they go out of their way to promote the business in a unique way and then fail to mention it to anybody. gay.
    Last edited by jonnycat; 07-05-2010 at 04:58 PM.
    2014 Jeep SRT, 2015 F150 Platinum , 2013 Keystone Laredo 291TG

[Do][---+---][oD]

My Ride
    06 F-150

Who do you work for?

My Ride
    TypeR

i dont know what u guys are talking about when you say fedor isnt a huge draw??????? Its the only reason most people even watch strikeforce or affliction. You cant honestly tell me arlovski was in better shape in affliction/strikeforce then when he was ufc champ? Lets not forget he hasnt won since leaving ufc. Also he got ko'd by sylvia who horrible compared to top notch ufc guys.

Originally posted by warcaster
    i dont know what u guys are talking about when you say fedor isnt a huge draw??????? Its the only reason most people even watch strikeforce or affliction. You cant honestly tell me arlovski was in better shape in affliction/strikeforce then when he was ufc champ? Lets not forget he hasnt won since leaving ufc. Also he got ko'd by sylvia who horrible compared to top notch ufc guys.
    Arlovski has that problem with his jaw.
    I'd vote for him. America may have a black guy, but we'd have captain fucking Kirk.

My Ride
    2012 300C SRT8 /2015 F150 Platinum

Originally posted by chathamf
    Who do you work for?
    Rocky mountain dealerships.

Originally posted by warcaster
    Fedor is a draw to the hardcore fans who used to watch pride/rings but alot of people who just watch the ufc dont have a clue who the guy is and what he has been able to accomplish during the past 10 years. Strikeforce didnt do that good with their fedor cards, but alot of that has to do with the organization itself and the fact that its not on the ufc's level in terms of branding/ being mainstream.

I personally think that each of fedors opponents were in their best shape (after he won the pride title). The man was/is a legend and each one of his opponents wanted to be the first one to give him his first loss and to dethrone him from his #1 spot at HW. Arovski and tim silva were in their best shape ever. Tim, arlovski, and werdum were never kicked from the ufc, the fighters themselves made the decision to leave.

If arlovski had a decent chin I think he would do well against the current crop of heavyweights in the ufc, but the fact is his chin/mind isnt as strong as the rest of him is. Tim silva was a legit ufc champion, I dont really like the guy, he looks awkward and comes off as a douche but his accomplishments speak for themselves. He is 26-6 with his last four losses being to randy coming off of back surgery. A submission loss to nog after several rounds of domination, destruction by fedor and getting ko' s by a pro boxer with good hands.

One thing that im kind of looking forward to is watching sergi kharatonov, he signed with strikeforce recently. Hopefully he comes in shape, I really enjoy watching his agressive style. Im surprised the ufc hasnt shown interest in the guy, win or loose his fights are always exciting. Recently he's been overweight and under trained, but if the guy had a good camp in the u.s I could see him doing well.

My Ride
    '05 Wrx stage 2

This guy is fighting Couture Aug 28th, hilarious interview here:

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

I'll be happy to see Toney get beat into a living death. I'm not going to pay for it out of principle (freakshow), but it'll be amusing.

Toney is really banking his entire ability to win this fight on the fact that he managed to slip a guillotine on King Mo 1 time out of 1000 while attempting to defend (and mostly failing, by all accounts) the kind of wrestling Randy doesn't do anyway...

Randy doesn't wade in face first, doesn't break gameplans, and doesn't charge in for doubles with his neck extended like a giraffe.

I'm usually not one to say someone has no chance in a fight, but really: Toney has as close to no chance as I've ever seen.
    At -2500, I'd have taken "Cuddles" Finney to upset Cyborg over Toney beating Couture (which is about where the odds should be for this fight).
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

Im not giving toney much of a chance either. Yes he can knock coture out, toney doesnt have one punch ko power in boxing, but that's against much higher caliber opponents. But in mma the gloves are less padded and weigh less. He is alot better in the striking department than chuck liddel who beat coture twice, but the only way toney can win is with a lucky punch, being able to get it in before coture takes him down.

Toneys downfall is his own arrogance, he truly believes he can hang in there with the best of them with no other skills but boxing. Ariel did a good job with the interview, he always asks what people want to know. You can tell toney is getting some sort of percentage from the ppv. Toney sure knows how to sell a fight, Im looking forward to seeing toney's post fight interview where he calls coture a pussy for sinking in a choke or an armbar and challenges him to a boxing match.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Does Toney have any brain cells left? LOL Can anyone understand WTF he is even saying?

My Ride
    Z

Originally posted by mushi_mushi
    Ariel did a good job with the interview, he always asks what people want to know.
    Usually. The moment Dana shows a little emotion however, Helwani cowers in fear of getting black listed.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

On Wiki:

"On June 16, 2010, Batista attended Strikeforce: Los Angeles, having previously registered an interest in competing in Mixed martial arts. On June 21, 2010, Batista announced to TMZ.com that he would be embarking on an MMA career."

Oh man.. It would be pretty cool if Batista went into UFC.. He's older than Lesnar by 8 years, but also bigger than him..

Originally posted by Disoblige
    On Wiki:

"On June 16, 2010, Batista attended Strikeforce: Los Angeles, having previously registered an interest in competing in Mixed martial arts. On June 21, 2010, Batista announced to TMZ.com that he would be embarking on an MMA career."

Oh man.. It would be pretty cool if Batista went into UFC.. He's older than Lesnar by 8 years, but also bigger than him..
    But im pretty sure Batista is on the "celltech" and definitely ill be decreasing in size if he jumps over to MMA. Also, I don't know any of his background credentials, but it seems like hes just hopping on the MMA train to make some more cash. That or WWE has made him rich, and now hes just dicking around.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

^

His contract was up

Probably just didnt feel like renewing it and wants to try something new. Could be interesting the guy is a freakin animal.. Just massive..

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Originally posted by Shlade
    ^

His contract was up

Probably just didnt feel like renewing it and wants to try something new. Could be interesting the guy is a freakin animal.. Just massive..
    Yeah he didn't like the way the WWE was heading and I don't blame him. Good for him on leaving, because he was one of the few reasons why I tune into Monday Night sometimes.

He's also a very hard worker from what I've seen and read, so hopefully he'll be a good contender. He criticized so many people in Wrestling for being lazy asses and not giving their best.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

Agreed. I knoticed he tried the whole Heel thing and pretty sure he hated it. The guy for his entire what is it 8-9 year career has been on the fans side the whole entire time but they ended up switching his whole career.

I have no doubt hed do good in UFC. The guy is older than Lesnar but hes definetly a good contendor thats for sure.

Well see the outcome of this I guess, May just be a rumor but you never know. WWE is going into the shits thats for sure tho.

Wow, didn't know Batista's work ethic was that great. That being said, I definitely will not object to him making a run for it in MMA.

My Ride
    Z

His background is in body building. He will tear a hamstring just walking to the cage.

My Ride
    GTI

Batista does not belong in the UFC. Strikeforce is looking to draw "new" fans in, he is 41 yrs old. Only man that can fight at that age is Couture.

Page 214 of 298 FirstFirst ... 204 213 214 215 224 ... LastLast