Quantcast
Official MMA Thread - Page 195 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 195 of 298 FirstFirst ... 185 194 195 196 205 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,900 of 5952

Thread: Official MMA Thread

My Ride
    Subaru GR

^^no doubt, saw that today....f'in brutal, fingers him after, then fingers his corner!! That guys out for at least a year from what I heard.....

FYI that move is called "Keichi Sasahara 2010"
    Last edited by 1-Bar; 01-03-2010 at 02:21 AM.
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    charger R/T w R&T, soon 2010 camaro

Holy crap

who saw the fights last night?

My Ride
    SlowBalt

Originally posted by banned3x
    Holy crap

who saw the fights last night?
    I did, Paul Daley fight was decent....

Cant remember the rashad fight, all I remember is being suprised he won.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Rashad won cause Silva did not capitalize on the chances he had instead he stood around and taunted Rashad. Then lost... idiot.

My Ride
    SlowBalt

Originally posted by LongCity
    Rashad won cause Silva did not capitalize on the chances he had instead he stood around and taunted Rashad. Then lost... idiot.
    i thought that was hilarious, a little bit of his own medicine.

Oh well hopefully rampage destroys him

But how does daley get ko of the night when johnson didnt get his?

My Ride
    Bicycle

His own medicine but he wins those matches. Silva picked horrible times (when he could have finished Rashad easily) to taunt.
    Anyways, the Stout and Louzan fight was wicked!

My Ride
    Z

Originally posted by Sharpie

But how does daley get ko of the night when johnson didnt get his?
    I thought it was painfully obvious that Dana contradicts himself every week.

Well to be fair Daley missed by one pound, Rumble has missed multiple times and missed by a lot.

Thiago 'Rashading' Rashad with the dance moves was pretty good, would have been better if he had not gassed and been able to finish.
    Michael Scott: "Do I want to be feared or loved? Um... easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

Yeah, when Johnson misses, he misses by A LOT. Guy cuts a crazy amount of weight.

Stout looked phenomenal. I thought Lauzon was going to rip his arm off in the 1st. That was vicious.
    I'm a big Creepy Joe fan, but unless he can drastically improve his cardio, he'll never make a legitimate run for the title. Every contender in the LW division can go 100% for at least 15 minutes. As such, it's now a requirement.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster

I heard today-

UFC 111- Mir/Carwin for the interim HW belt...

My Ride
    SlowBalt

Originally posted by 95teetee
    I heard today-

UFC 111- Mir/Carwin for the interim HW belt...
    This should be interesting, I wonder if carwin has the experience to beat Mir. Mir has impressed me in his last 2 fights so it will interesting to see him keeping it standing up or if he will take it down.

My Ride
    95 Stealth RT/TT, '72 Duster

I also wonder whether Mir has continued to bulk up- if he adds another 10-15 pounds, and comes in at, say, 280, he could become one of the biggest forces in the HW division.

Or a slower, more likely to gas version of himself.

My Ride
    preowned

if he keeps on the sauce, he could hit 280 (look at the difference in physique between his 2 last fights)... he just better pray that he doesn't get tested.

Originally posted by hukgwai
    if he keeps on the sauce, he could hit 280 (look at the difference in physique between his 2 last fights)... he just better pray that he doesn't get tested.
    They are all tested in the UFC....it's Japan that doesn't test (which is why some people think that some Pride fighters aren't doing so well anymore). Mir is a huge guy to begin with, it probably isn't that hard to put on weight.
    -------------------------------------------------------

I was pretty disappointed with Silva's performance vs. Rashad, he looked heavy, slow, and was tired almost right away. Then he clowned around and lost the match because of it - good on Rashad for not taking a swing at him and falling into the trap. Hard to believe Silva was 14/1 going into that fight after that performance. The problem with the light heavyweight division is that everyone else is so, so, far behind Machida/Shogun/Anderson that it is almost as if there are 2 different leagues in light heavy.

Carwin/Mir should be good, Carwin is undefeated and I don't think any of his fights have lasted longer than 1'2X.XX. Mir's stand up has improved though, and no doubt he is better at submissions. I'm cheering for Carwin though.

I'm most excited for the upcoming Wanderlei/Bisping fight, I hope Bisping gets owned again like he did by Henderson.

The upcoming GSP/Hardy fight will be a clown show, and a complete and utter waste of time. Then we have to wait another several months for him to fight again. Apparently GSP is trying out for the Canadian Olympic Wrestling team though, so I'm not sure how that will affect his fighting career after the defeat of Hardy.

Velasquez/Noguera should be not bad, but I think Noguera will win for sure.

Machida/Shogun rematch in May I think will be really good, both know how each other fights now. Machida is my favorite, but I wouldn't mind seeing Shogun win so we can see a Shogun/Anderson (Machida and Anderson refuse to fight eachother).
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 01-06-2010 at 10:33 AM.

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

GSP said he's thinking about maybe trying out for the Olympic team, but it's just a passing thought at this point.

Mir/Carwin is win/win.
    Whoever wins proves they have a legitimate shot when Brock comes back.

I'm not sure why everyone in the entire MMA community seems to be swinging from Cain's balls. Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but I haven't seen anything that incredibly impressive. If not for Kongo's own stupidity, he would have wrecked Cain.
    Cain isn't big enough to bully the top HW's around, and his game isn't well rounded enough to be able to win with skill.
    I'll be surprised is he gets past Nog, despite Nog showing clear signs of wear.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

Originally posted by TKRIS
    GSP said he's thinking about maybe trying out for the Olympic team, but it's just a passing thought at this point.

Mir/Carwin is win/win.
    Whoever wins proves they have a legitimate shot when Brock comes back.

I'm not sure why everyone in the entire MMA community seems to be swinging from Cain's balls. Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but I haven't seen anything that incredibly impressive. If not for Kongo's own stupidity, he would have wrecked Cain.
    Cain isn't big enough to bully the top HW's around, and his game isn't well rounded enough to be able to win with skill.
    I'll be surprised is he gets past Nog, despite Nog showing clear signs of wear.
    Cain doesn't do anything for me either, as I said before I think Nog will get him. When Nog lost to Mir, he had the flu so bad it was recommended that he be hospitalized, and the stoppage was pretty bad in that fight too IMO.

Nog had a massive staph infection before the mir fight. Apparently he got out of the hospital only a week before the bout. I said it then and ill say it now; Mir didn't look good in that fight, Nog just looked bad.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

I dont think Nog can stand with Mir. Mir's hands are heavy now with the weight he's put on, even Couture dropped Nog a couple times but Couture isnt a power puncher. Mir will knock him out for sure.

My Ride
    GTI

UFC Vancouver!

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma....ail&gid=209731

Gotta get tickets.

Lets hope some ppl get injured whilst training so their fights get pushed back to June. All the top fights are happening before this event. As much as i like ufc and would love to see a live event, a rumored Liddell vs Ortiz would be a let down of a main event.

Page 195 of 298 FirstFirst ... 185 194 195 196 205 ... LastLast