Quantcast
Official MMA Thread - Page 236 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 236 of 298 FirstFirst ... 226 235 236 237 246 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,720 of 5952

Thread: Official MMA Thread

Originally posted by warcaster

Problem is that Anderson is getting old and Jones ground N pound is way more powerful then Sonnen's, I just dont see how Anderson would beat him. Jones finishes fights and I wouldn't see that fight getting out of the 2nd round.

Btw the Shogun that fought Machida did show up and that was the problem. He didnt use his leg kicks and tried to rush in with boxing combos against a guy who had a 8 inch reach advantage (im pretty sure). Shogun just looked like he didnt have an answer for anything Jones dished out because he was keeping the pressure on the whole fight.

Now lets hope Diaz lays the smackdown on Dailey and gets his ass kicked back to the UK
    Agreed on the Shogun comment. I don't know why people are saying Shogun didn't show up. He did his best, and I rooted for him all night, but it was depressing seeing Jones out class him that bad... Congrats to Jones though, until he pulls off a couple of title defenses, the LHW just looks like a massive shit show to me. No one has held onto the belt for very long.

My Ride
    I like. :)

Maaaaaan I feel for Garcia. 4:59 doesn't get much shittier than that.

Last edited by TopNotch; 04-04-2011 at 01:50 PM.

My Ride
    TypeR

Did anyone see the Diaz Daley fight? One of the best fights I have seen this year!!!

My Ride
    TypeR

My Ride

Why the hell is Cecil Peoples referreeing in MMA for?! I sure hope he doesn't make it into UFC matches. I don't see the point of keeping Strikeforce seperate while they merged WEC --- good for UFC, shitty for fight fans. I would have preferred to see WEC on it's own and watch full length WEC cards. WEC rocked ass on it's own.

Originally posted by warcaster
    Did anyone see the Diaz Daley fight? One of the best fights I have seen this year!!!
    The fight itself was good kinda sloppy, but the finish was grrrreat. The way he kinda flopped as they came out of the exchange was fun to watch.
    Last edited by treg50; 04-11-2011 at 07:10 AM.

Henderson vs Fedor..

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slu...2df076a7fc0c61

wtf? This has very little draw for me.. Seems like a fight between washed up has-beens in this case...

'2 former super stars, who havent been that great for a while collide!...in this battle that would have been epic... a few years ago!'

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

^^ Agreed... not really appealing to me.

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by treg50
    Why the hell is Cecil Peoples referreeing in MMA for?! I sure hope he doesn't make it into UFC matches. I don't see the point of keeping Strikeforce seperate while they merged WEC --- good for UFC, shitty for fight fans. I would have preferred to see WEC on it's own and watch full length WEC cards. WEC rocked ass on it's own.

The fight itself was good kinda sloppy, but the finish was grrrreat. The way he kinda flopped as they came out of the exchange was fun to watch.
    Yeah I just enjoyed the amount of action. Plus I hate daley and it was great to watch someone give him zero respect and knock him out. Diaz with his hands down was so entertaining!

My Ride
    TypeR

Originally posted by Supa Dexta
    Henderson vs Fedor..

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slu...2df076a7fc0c61

wtf? This has very little draw for me.. Seems like a fight between washed up has-beens in this case...

'2 former super stars, who havent been that great for a while collide!...in this battle that would have been epic... a few years ago!'
    I think this is good and bad but i think they are trying to get Fedor ko'd. Hendo has never been knocked out in his career and despite his age he is still has one of the craziest right hands in mma.

He is still 20-8 and has only been finished by nogueira and anderson silva so he is still far from finished.

If Fedor wins at LHW you will see him thrown into the mix of ufc instantly. There will be no more weight advantage just pure skill so there will be no more excuses for fedor.

There alot of crazy fights that could happen if he succeeds there so im all for it. Anderson Silva vs Fedor at LHW would be a dream match for me although it will prob never happen

My Ride

Fedor or Fedor's management can fuck off. What a deal for him! Of course he'll fight at cw of 220... give him any advantage to help him win. I hope Hendo knocks his block off.

It's a good match that I would want to watch. If it's a SF match I can understand if it's the main event but if it's a UFC event it is not headliner caliber at all. Maybe third or co-main, but not main.

UFC has headlined with less though.

Like Mir/Crocop. What a joke. The closest thing to a pre-determined fight I've seen in a long time.

My Ride

Yup, that's for sure.

They've even had prelim fights on regular tv that were better than their PPVs even. Here's me being hopefull again, but I'm just thinking of the fighers and weightclasses than they have "monopolized". They have too many good fighters and they have so few events, logically as a fan you'd think the ufc can start putting together even better cards.

Sooo Whats it gonna be this weekend?

Although shields is a worthy opponent, I still see GSP handling him. I think shields will have to deal with his nerves more so then GSP, huge venue, GSP's home crowd.. etc

My Ride

Sooo Whats it gonna be this weekend?

Although shields is a worthy opponent, I still see GSP handling him. I think shields will have to deal with his nerves more so then GSP, huge venue, GSP's home crowd.. etc
    I really don't know. Based on Shields last performance, I'd say GSP dominates this fight. BUT... haha I've been watching the UFC Countdown this past week and now I'm hyped for this fight. I think Shields is the biggest threat GSP has faced in years. I really can't say who I think is gonna win.

And I'm torn, because I like GSP for obvious reasons... but I like Shields too, I used to live in the Bay Area and met the Diaz brothers a few times, they're actually really good guys (Nate is) and think the "Scrap Pack" is cool. Would be awesome to see them have 3 champs out of 4 fighters.

My Ride

on another note - Did you see this, you can apply to be in the UFC online @ jobbi.com?

http://www.5thround.com/74246/ufc-fi...-to-jobbi-com/

and I think Couture/Machida is going to be a good fight - gotta root for the old dog.

Rory McDonald / Nate Diaz! Two fighters I really like, hope Rory wins though.

My Ride
    Subaru GR

GSP hands down, Sheilds doesn't have the skills to take it to the mat, or to stay on his feet and survive. If it were a grappling match, Sheilds hands down. But I agree, GSP biggest threat if it ever hits the canvas.

Great card, lots of Canadian content. Aldo and Homminick will be good! Too bad I'm at a wedding this day

Default Phil Davis replaces Jon Jones

ttp://mmajunkie.com/news/23365/jon-...or-ufc-133.mma

With UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones (13-1 MMA, 7-1 UFC) injured, UFC officials have now booked a bout between the champ's original opponent, Rashad Evans (15-1-1 MMA, 10-1-1 UFC), and replacement Phil Davis (9-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC).

Sources today confirmed with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) the new matchup, which takes place at UFC 133. The Canadian Press' Neil Davidson first reported the opponent switch, which was later officially announced by the UFC.

A source told MMAjunkie.com that Jones is facing a lengthy recovery from a torn right-hand ligament suffered in his title win. A timetable for his return wasn't immediately available.

Although not officially announced, UFC 133 is expected to take place Aug. 6 in Philadelphia. The main card is expected to air on pay-per-view.

The change of plans means another speed bump in Evans' request to reclaim the UFC's light-heavyweight title.

Evans had been in line to fight then-champ Mauricio "Shogun" Rua at UFC 128 before a knee injury forced Evans off the card. As Rua healed from his own knee injury, Evans sat out nearly a year waiting for the title shot rather than taking a non-championship bout and risking his shot at the belt. But when he lost the slot due to injury, UFC officials gave it to Jones following his early-February victory over fellow top prospect Ryan Bader at UFC 126.

Jones won the title from Rua in dominant fashion at UFC 128, which set up a meeting with Evans, a former training partner with whom he's now had a very public fallout.

But rather than Jones, Evans next will fight Davis, a former NCAA Division I national wrestling champion. Davis is 9-0 in his pro career, and the past five fights have come in the UFC. With victories over Brian Stann, Alexander Gustafsson, Rodney Wallace and Tim Boetsch, he began drawing comparisons to Jones. In this past month's UFC Fight Night 24 headliner, Davis scored one of his biggest wins yet: a hard-fought unanimous-decision victory over notable Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.
    Interesting
    Last edited by TopNotch; 04-26-2011 at 10:24 PM.

I too am looking forward to this event.

My 2c

GSP/Shields - Very tough call. Shields has dismantled Henderson and a few other credible names. They both want this win more than ever, so there is hunger involved. I don't see it being a stick poking fest like GSP/Koscheck, but I do see it as being a striking win. GSP to take it

Couture/Machida - Could not care less to be honest. Couture is an amazing person and athlete and dont think he needs to prove any further. Kinda of like the old UFC with matching a wrestler vs karate. Machida will not take chances but will stick to his stand game kicks/punches. Couture will look for the shoot and let his wrestling and strength take over. On the other side of the spectrum, he has spent a while talking like he will never fight again after this one so what a great way for Couture to retire by a win via Machida own game. Couture to take it.

Aldo/Hominick - Not much words needed here, Aldo to take it. Weak weight class IMO with only a small few contenders.

Vladimir Matyushenko/Jason Brilz - Brilz is only in the spot light because of the Nog fight. He has ring rust and a back injury.... Matyushenko to take it

Mark Bocek/Ben Henderson - Former WEC champ, UFC debut. I see Henderson impressively.

Cant wait!

Page 236 of 298 FirstFirst ... 226 235 236 237 246 ... LastLast