Quantcast
Official MMA Thread - Page 204 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 204 of 298 FirstFirst ... 194 203 204 205 214 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,080 of 5952

Thread: Official MMA Thread

My Ride
    '08 F150: 1956 Olds Super 88

As long as he has the belt, his options are limited. With the UFC's "Champion" clause, they hold his contract even after his fights are done (he has 3 left, IMS).
    The UFC has pretty tight control over all their fighters, but especially the champs.
    He can't just walk, because unless the UFC decides to let him, they still old the reigns. Couture proved you can't just walk away and do somethign else.

All I'm saying is that Silva, whenever asked, seems to want to retire, or go do other stuff that the UFC won't let him do while he's the MW champ (superfights, RJJ, etc). He could retire, but only if he completely walks away from the sport, since the UFC will still have control over what he can or can't do.

I'm not saying I think Silva's going to throw the fight. I'm just saying that the thought has crossed my mind. He may well decide that he'd rather have Maia, a countryman he obviously likes and respects, take his place if he decides that he wants out of his contractual obligations.
    Founding member of the Leave-Me-Alone-atarian party of Canada.

My Ride
    ralli///art, 09 zx6r

UFC 112 Live right now!!! so if you are planning to watch it tonight DO NOT search the internet about it bec. it will show the results.

Read it on Sherdog. Sounds like shit, won't be ordering.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

I'm in Yemen right now so caught the feed in Arabic. Brutal fights.

Silva was a disgrace. I've never seen fans boo so much.

Still wish I could have gone to watch in Abu Dhabi - it was probably stupid cheap and there were still a ton of empty seats.

Anyone know who is on the card for Vancouver?

My Ride
    Subaru GR

wow last fight indeed.... Silva could have finished it in the first 3 mins of the fight. But I can't remember where I read it (taken with a grain of salt), but Silva will not engage with a fellow countrymen (Leites fight)

Yeah there was a ton of empty seats in this venue. Man, I dunno, the fight card was backwards this time. Usually the main event fights are good and the first few are boring.

Munoz was great, fought back from a brutal 1st round. His gnp is ruthless!

Penn/Edgar, I dunno...Edgar's on fast forward. Hard to score, but I would have gave it to Penn as Edgar didn't really decisively take away the belt from the champ....
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride

Aside from the odd punch, Penn got pushed around and hit at will for at least 3 rounds. Not to mention getting put on his ass a few times.
    Edgar didn't get Penn in any real trouble, but he was in complete control the entire fight. It would be absolutely ludicrous to have given that fight to Penn.

I'm a BJ fan, and an Edgar fan. I don't think Edgar is going to be able to hold onto that belt, and I think in the rematch, BJ's going to absolutely crush him. That said, BJ lost decisively tonight.

I don't know how anyone can be a fan of Silva after this. How many times have we heard "it'll never happen again."?
    The dude is an absolute beast, and has amazing skills, but I'm not interested in seeing him make a mockery of his opponent, generally be an asshole, taunt the other fighter and pretend he's not fighting, while refusing to do jack shit and dancing/running around for 25 minutes. Finish the fucking fight. Right now, I've got him as the best p4p dancer in the world.
    He did look tired and lost in there. I've always been of the opinion that he'd likely beat GSP. That said, if he actually did get even the slightest bit tired from dancing around and beating his chest for 10 minutes, GSP will wear him down and tear him apart.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Ya I'm with ya Kris. After tonight, I'm pretty disappointed with Anderson. Actually, 3/4 of the night was total shit for fights. Overall I'm not happy with the card, especially because it was such a great lineup!
    Ultracrepidarian

what was one judge watching when they called it 50-45 Edgar. seriously, was he blind or did some sheik buy his decision. maybe edgar won the last 2 and may the 3rd but seriously did he not watch the first two rounds?? sure edgar was the aggressor but when you get countered in the mouth on your attempts shouldnt that mean more? seems like the UFC champs are a joke all of a sudden. the last three championship fights have been rather mediocre. we are not talking the "interm heavy weight"belt either.

i think the UFC should institute some kind of purse deduction system if you have a poor showing and dont make some kind of effort to finish coughsilivaroundhaloof3to5cough then you get a pay cut.

My Ride

I thought all the other fights were pretty good. I would have liked to see Renzo win, but didn't think that would happen, and was impressed with Hughes (albeit a little confused as to why he didn't try to finish sooner).

Yeah, 50-45 was retarded. Edgar clearly won 4 and 5, IMO. And I felt he did enough to win 3. I thought he won the fight by "Pride" rules as well. Penn just didn't seem to want to do anything in there.
    Penn nuthuggers are complaining. Shocking.

The Baldfather is pissed...
    http://www.sherdog.com/videos/recent...n-UFC-112-2378
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2wlP...layer_embedded

Silva's "He disrespected me" schtick is getting fucking old. He's getting to be as bad as Tito with his bullshit. I'm not paying for any Silva main events.
    They should put Silva on the fucking bench for a good long while. There aren't that many fight for him at 185 that are worth watching anyway. He's under contract, and AFAIK, UFC contracts don't guarantee a certain amount of fights in a certain time frame. Let him sit until he realizes that he's the employee.

Also, I thought the fans were much better than usual. Had that been in North America, they'd have just booed. I liked that they got behind Maia, chanted GSP, etc. Showed some creativity and doesn't seem as vulgar and crass.
    Last edited by TKRIS; 04-11-2010 at 01:58 AM.

Thats exactly why I DO like DW.. He tells it like it is, and does care about the fans (as long as it makes money too)

My Ride
    Bicycle

Silva was frustrating as fuck to watch! A little showboating here and there is fine, whatever. But really, if you're that good, why not just finish the fight? So unclassy. And he always pretends to be humble and all this bullshit and not fight his teammate. Well shit, he might as well just fight Machida since he's not as stand up (no pun intended) as he's always making himself out to be.

WTF is up with Silva seriously, its like he only fights good against non brazilians. every time he goes against a country man his fights are just horrible to watch. Leites now Maia... brutal.

i really want to see what Dana white does to make it u to the fans. 115 in Van?

My Ride
    TypeR

After watching carwin it makes main events like this a joke. Id rather see a 30 sec ko then a 5 round dance. Also now that uve seen silva pull this shit again u cant call him the best pound for pound. The one thing that gsp/fedor/brock is that they at least try to finish the fights and dont dance around taunting. Sure a win is a win but your leagacy should mean something.
    IG:scboss

Munoz fight was great, I hate "Da Spider" about as much as I hate Vera so I loved watching him lose.

The Hughes/Renzo fight was nothing but another disgracie IMO. Heughes just did as he pleased, and it seemed like he was trying to go easy on the guy.

For the BJ fight, I am not a BJ fan at all but I don't think he lost as decisively as some people do. I also think he will have the belt back shortly. I've seen BJ fight way better than that.

As for the Silva/Maia fight, I agree his antics are getting ridiculous, but a boring fight is 2 people's fault, and Maia was far from aggressive. Silva shouldn't have ran around as much but Maia could have done A LOT more. I was disappointed in both of them. On one hand, if Silva is so good, he should have beaten Maia in the first couple of minutes (and he probably could have), but on the other hand, if Maia wants to dethrone a champion he needs to win decisively and his performance was disappointing as well.

I think they should start deducting a point, or money from both fighters purses, for every 30sec there is zero action - something to that effect.

My Ride

http://espn.go.com/extra/mma/blog/_/name/mma
    Three facts about the "best fighter in the world," an education brought to you courtesy of Saturday's UFC 112 event in Abu Dhabi:

1. The "best fighter in the world" will not engage a 1.5-dimensional jiu-jitsu stylist on the feet but will instead express anger and frustration at the grappler for not making it easier to assault him with fists and knees. This will remain true even when the jiu-jitsu stylist has one eye swollen shut and the desert air is so oppressive that managing a clinch or latching a submission would be nearly impossible.

2. The "best fighter in the world" has such contempt for his opponent, the spectators and his employers that he will spend time seizing and convulsing as though he were being exorcised of an evil spirit. His fans will call this "showmanship." Objective viewers will call it "annoying."

3. The "best fighter in the world" will commit the most disturbing infraction of the rules -- written or not -- in combat sports next to an outright fix: He will not fight to the best of his ability and will not attempt to win the fight at all times. Instead, he will coerce the crowd into chanting the name of a fighter sitting ringside who may or may not be his next opponent.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

LOL...from the Sherdog forums "Hugues planting Renzo's pube on Rogan"

My Ride
    04 EP3'

liddell vs. franklin main eventing ufc 115 in van

the 115 card is pretty crappy imo

MAIN CARD

* Chuck Liddell vs. Rich Franklin
    * Patrick Barry vs. Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic
    * Martin Kampmann vs. Paulo Thiago
    * Carlos Condit vs. Rory MacDonald
    * Evan Dunham vs. Tyson Griffin

PRELIMINARY CARD

* Mac Danzig vs. Matt Wiman
    * Ben Rothwell vs. Gilbert Yvel
    * Peter Sobotta vs. James Wilks
    * Ricardo Funch vs. Claude Patrick
    * Jesse Lennox vs. Mike Pyle

My Ride

Pat Barry/Cro Cop should be good.
    The rest of the card? Meh.
    I think Chuck/Rich should make for an interesting fight (and it's better than Chuck/Tito III), but main events should be somewhat relevant.
    And this fight isn't.
    At all.

My Ride
    Subaru GR

eww....WEC >> UFC 115
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

Page 204 of 298 FirstFirst ... 194 203 204 205 214 ... LastLast