Quantcast
NHL, and so it begins... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL, and so it begins...

My Ride
    100% Bow tie

Default NHL, and so it begins...

Created this thread so as to not muddy up the regular NHL thread.

Avery coming out about Marc Crawford, https://www.nhl.com/news/blackhawks-...er/c-312084372
    Moran supreme

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Created this thread so as to not muddy up the regular NHL thread.

Avery coming out about Marc Crawford, https://www.nhl.com/news/blackhawks-...er/c-312084372
    Sean Avery deserved to get his teeth kicked in and injected with Ebola. All day, every day. Fuck him all the way to the end of the earth.

Oh, and this story is super believable because we all know how timid and shy Sean Avery was while a player. He can go on TV and blab about "sloppy seconds", call Martin Brodeur a fatty and then stand in front of government officials pretending to care about gay rights, but he can't call out a coach within a decade?

Dear Internet,
    13 years ago, a relatively frail, much much older man wearing no pads at all and actually a quite fashionable suit kicked me with his Salvatore Ferragamo loafer while I was wearing full on hockey equipment. My feels. #MeToo.

Fucking bullshit lying scum bag.

*But that's none of my business Kermit meme.

My Ride
    UA6295 seat 22A

Well, it's hard for an outsider to judge the truthfulness of any of these allegations, but it's probably time for pro hockey to have its ass kicked about the conduct of its employees.
    Hopefully that trickles down a few levels and we start teaching young men more realistic standards of conduct.

My Ride
    GLA

I have no no interest in exposing my kids to hockey on any level. It's a cultural cess pool.

My Ride
    UA6295 seat 22A

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    I have no no interest in exposing my kids to hockey on any level. It's a cultural cess pool.
    I didn't have to make that choice with my kids, but I pretty much agree.

My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Sean Avery deserved to get his teeth kicked in and injected with Ebola. All day, every day. Fuck him all the way to the end of the earth.

Oh, and this story is super believable because we all know how timid and shy Sean Avery was while a player. He can go on TV and blab about "sloppy seconds", call Martin Brodeur a fatty and then stand in front of government officials pretending to care about gay rights, but he can't call out a coach within a decade?

Dear Internet,
    13 years ago, a relatively frail, much much older man wearing no pads at all and actually a quite fashionable suit kicked me with his Salvatore Ferragamo loafer while I was wearing full on hockey equipment. My feels. #MeToo.

Read his autobiography. It explains a lot of his behavior. It was his way of getting attention as a mediocre athlete and overselling himself. The fact that he was interested in things different from his peers made him a bit of an outsider.

I’m sure the truth is somewhere in between, but kudos for not being your typical journeyman with nothing left to show for at the end of his career.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Lexus IS250

There's ups and downs to it as with any sport, but most people I know who played lives are richer because of it. Calling it a cultural cess pool is a bit much.. most NHL players are the classiest pro athletes you will find.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Read his autobiography. It explains a lot of his behavior. It was his way of getting attention as a mediocre athlete and overselling himself. The fact that he was interested in things different from his peers made him a bit of an outsider.

Iím sure the truth is somewhere in between, but kudos for not being your typical journeyman with nothing left to show for at the end of his career.
    I've seen a show where they go over this same theme and perhaps a portion of that is true. I still kind of don't care, though. His conduct on the ice and in the uniform was repulsive and unacceptable. There are plenty of other players who struggled to make the cut and didn't choose his path when they could have.
    His true self chose to create that persona (if we choose to believe that story) and that leaves blood on his hands.

The door has been opened.
    Might as well shut down the league at this point.

Agree with an earlier point that team sports teach kids a lot more than the sport itself and one takes that into adulthood.

My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    most NHL players are the classiest pro athletes you will find.
    pro athletes are a pretty low bar. Yea, not a lot of wife beaters in the NHL isn't something to really brag about lol.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Dear Internet,

Not to mention how he bullied Dustin Brown when Brown was a rookie.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '67 RS

Okkkkk Jessica Allen Calm down lol

Hockey Can definitely produce some strange rituals and people don't get me wrong.. But it's not all bad.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    Okkkkk Jessica Allen Calm down lol

Hockey Can definitely produce some strange rituals and people don't get me wrong.. But it's not all bad.
    No kidding.

Some kids these days could really benefit from some health sports competitions, some losing, learning about teams and some good coaches mentoring them. All of which hockey does an excellent job of teaching.

Peters is a racist, Babcock is mean and Crawford kicked some players asses (literally) and all of a sudden organized hockey is the devil?

Lets ban all drama and music classes too after hearing about all the entertainment industries bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by 88CRX View Post
    No kidding.

Some kids these days could really benefit from some health sports competitions, some losing, learning about teams and some good coaches mentoring them. All of which hockey does an excellent job of teaching.

Peters is a racist, Babcock is mean and Crawford kicked some players asses (literally) and all of a sudden organized hockey is the devil?

Lets ban all drama and music classes too after hearing about all the entertainment industries bullshit.
    Begin Devils Advocate:
    White hockey moms with giant sunglasses in gianter SUV's are a pretty vicious breed. There's a lot of clique BS in hockey.
    /Devil's advocate

I also believe that this is easily mitigated. Just sayin.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '67 RS

Begin Devils Advocate:
    White hockey moms with giant sunglasses in gianter SUV's are a pretty vicious breed. There's a lot of clique BS in hockey.
    /Devil's advocate

I also believe that this is easily mitigated. Just sayin.
    That's parents of any sport/organized activity, some of them are fucking Mental.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

I'm actually starting to see the other side of things in that we all in general shouldn't be so sensitive.... that being said, there's still no excuse for using the N word in 2009, so fuck Bill Peters.

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    That's parents of any sport/organized activity, some of them are fucking Mental.
    Oh, totally. But, the cultural significance of hockey in Canada takes that to a higher level. Atom AAA is an abortion for delusional parents thinking their 9yo puke stain is their meal ticket. It's amazing.
    But again - since most players are nowhere near gifted, the experience can have a lot to offer.
    Except for the tournament's. Fuck those completely. Yeah, so I need to go to Estevan, Sask then Anchorage, Alaska before Gold River, BC because there's not enough kids in a city with a million people in it for them to play??! Eat shit.
    LoL!

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Oh, totally. But, the cultural significance of hockey in Canada takes that to a higher level. Atom AAA is an abortion for delusional parents thinking their 9yo puke stain is their meal ticket. It's amazing.
    But again - since most players are nowhere near gifted, the experience can have a lot to offer.
    Except for the tournament's. Fuck those completely. Yeah, so I need to go to Estevan, Sask then Anchorage, Alaska before Gold River, BC because there's not enough kids in a city with a million people in it for them to play??! Eat shit.
    LoL!
    We went to Banff for a Timbit tournament last year and it was the highlight of my sons whole year... it was more about the fun with friends and going to the pool than what happened on the ice...

My Ride
    2015 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 2

Out of town tournaments are what the kids loved the most. The hockey was usually secondary to the overall experience, of being in a hotel with all your teammates, having team dinners etc.Ask any kid who played, those are usually the experiences that stick.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    We went to Banff for a Timbit tournament last year and it was the highlight of my sons whole year... it was more about the fun with friends and going to the pool than what happened on the ice...
    bahahah beat me too it.

I agree 100%.

I coached Midget AA for a few years, before I had my own kids, and the highlight for every year was "Where are we going this year for our tournament".
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

My Ride
    2 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by R-Audi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dezmarez View Post
    Out of town tournaments are what the kids loved the most. The hockey was usually secondary to the overall experience, of being in a hotel with all your teammates, having team dinners etc.Ask any kid who played, those are usually the experiences that stick.

- - - Updated - - -

bahahah beat me too it.

I agree 100%.

I coached Midget AA for a few years, before I had my own kids, and the highlight for every year was "Where are we going this year for our tournament".
    https://nationalpost.com/features/ho...t-confidential

Alright who's dick did you suck to get more ice time?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast