Quantcast
I just got my ass kicked by a caravan!!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I just got my ass kicked by a caravan!!!

My Ride
    JDM DSM VR4

Default I just got my ass kicked by a caravan!!!

So I was pulled up to the light on Bow Bottom to turn onto Canyon Meadows Drive about 1/2 hour ago and there's a white ealry 90's Dodge Caravan sitting beside me on the inside lane. I didn't even notice it really until the light turned green and I was halfway through the corner when this guy cruised past me on the inside, straightened out and just took off. Now I may be driving a car with 90hp, but a Dodge Caravan still shouldn't be able to blow the doors off of me. When I pulled up beside him again the guy had a huge smile on his face and showed me that he was wearing a racing harness. I don't know what he's got in there but that van is one hell of a sleeper. Anyone else seen this thing? It looks like a total POS family van until he steps on the gas and you hear the engine. Pretty cool IMO.

My Ride
    Z

If it is a darker color i think it is turbo that guy is hilarious

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Default Re: I just got my ass kicked by a caravan!!!

Originally posted by The Rider
    So I was pulled up to the light on Bow Bottom to turn onto Canyon Meadows Drive about 1/2 hour ago and there's a white ealry 90's Dodge Caravan sitting beside me on the inside lane. I didn't even notice it really until the light turned green and I was halfway through the corner when this guy cruised past me on the inside, straightened out and just took off. Now I may be driving a car with 90hp, but a Dodge Caravan still shouldn't be able to blow the doors off of me. When I pulled up beside him again the guy had a huge smile on his face and showed me that he was wearing a racing harness. I don't know what he's got in there but that van is one hell of a sleeper. Anyone else seen this thing? It looks like a total POS family van until he steps on the gas and you hear the engine. Pretty cool IMO.
    there are a few of them in town, they came stock with a turbo 2.5 like in my sig

there are some in the states running 12's, and in town i know of the following ones...

-cream coloured one, t3/t4 hybrid, 5 speed
    -brown 2.5, t3, intercooled, 5 speed
    -purple 2.5, t3, intercooled, auto, lots of boost
    -black and grey, t3/t4, built auto, lots of boost, no more

and quite a few others.

watch out for turbo dodge sleepers, they are quite good at owning unsuspecting cars, hahaha

see "www" by my sig for my tubo dodge
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Note, if anyone has the urge to make a sleeper Dodge, there's a maroon turbo Carvan SE for sale over on Morley Trail.

any caravan will crush your 323 if it wants to.

Next you will be wanting to watch out for a guy from INDY Machine Services driving his 350 SB suped to shit in his 90's Astro.

i have a 94 dodge caravan and you would be suprised how much those things can actually haul. alot faster then the 03 3.3l grand caravan sport that the family owns...

i think the base stock engine on the older caravans is a 3.0l mitsubishi if i am not mistaken.
    1995 Talon Esi - 1989 Lebarron - 1991 Mr2 Turbo - 1991 Accord - 2005 Corolla - 2005 R6 - 1993 Talon Tsi - 2013 Mustang Coupe - 1997 Grand Prix GTP

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by avow
    i have a 94 dodge caravan and you would be suprised how much those things can actually haul. alot faster then the 03 3.3l grand caravan sport that the family owns...

i think the base stock engine on the older caravans is a 3.0l mitsubishi if i am not mistaken.
    depending on the year, it could have cone stock with a TBI 2.2L all the way to a 3.3L, but the most popular motor for the guys who want to go fast is the 2.5T
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    02 Nissan Xterra S/C

That van is great, i got a laugh out of it. I bumped into him on Macleod one night last summer. He was launching and stuff off the line, which i thought was impressive considering the vehicle. That van is quick, but was not quick enough for my S13. Great sleeper!!

J.
    Originally posted by rice_eater
    kompressor means vtec dummy it's just different terms between german and japanese, but it's the same idea

My Ride
    91 Accord Ex-R

hahahahahaha thats fucking hilarious

My Ride
    987 - G35xS - Skyline - RX350

so you got spanked... and still you're sharing that around???

CT

My Ride
    GMC : S15 sierra clasic (2.8), Jimmy SLT (4.3)

^^^ by a quick van, thats the whole point, you wouldnt expect it

when cut open, the rambutan unfortunately fails miserably to deviate from its outwardly testicular appearance, revealing an inside that looks for all the world exactly how you'd expect the contents of a scrotum to look.

My Ride
    tu madre

thats a one fast minivan.

My Ride
    Low Rent

There is no shame in getting spanked by a sleeper of that magnitude, I say. How could you have known?
    "Oh yeah! Plus, armed men are stealing my pop!"

I seen an old dodge van given' er the other afternoon.... I can't remember what it said but it had a personalized plate... It may have been green/grey...

... by a minivan...

BWWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

losers....

My Ride
    Some wedges.

Add a white one with chrome hubcaps to the list...saw it downtown on Sunday. Heard it coming from blocks away...
    WTB:
    87+ AW11 ds valence panel, ds fender, rear visor. Burgundy interior parts as well.
    7th gen Celica antenna assembly

Please PM me, thanks!

My Ride
    2ooo Mitsu Montero Sport XLS

Got a Cargo Astro 97 at home and that thing has a 4.3 Vortec engine. 180 HP if I'm not mistaking. It leaves lotsa ricers behind.

Think about it, 4.3 engine and only 2 seats in it. The rest all empty.

My Ride
    Volvo, '84 764ti, '79 242GT

Default the van

Originally posted by Ashkente
    Add a white one with chrome hubcaps to the list...saw it downtown on Sunday. Heard it coming from blocks away...
    Hey ya'll the new (well old, its an 89, but he just got back into town from being away for 2 years) anyway

the loud loud one with a HUGE mopar logo painted intercooler is my buddy, we swapped the turbo out of the 2.5 turbo that the van came with and dropped in an intercooler from a 2004 F-350 super duty, there are, i think if i remember correctly, up to 5 fuel injectors, with two blow of valves, and a three stage boost set up he has wired into it, inside its gutted cept for two seats from a colt and he has a red racing harness on the drivers seat...boost gauge, air/fuel, controls for 3 satge boost controller etc, and a lot of stickers, summit racing, auto meter, mopar i think too etc. etc.

anyway if you see him around, say hi, real cool guy and loves cars, he'll be out at the track more now that we have swapped the turbo etc.......before he ran 17.09, so we hope it'll be 14-15.5s now

ciao
    VOLVO - not just a car, it's an addiction.
    Originally posted by rage2
    How about Oprah? She should be fined too. As a man, I find her show offensive as fuck.

My Ride
    Civic

Default Re: I just got my ass kicked by a caravan!!!

Originally posted by The Rider
    Yo, ill be honest, why the fuck are you telling people this
    Just curious haha
    C-23-H

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast