Quantcast
racing seats or vinal wrap - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: racing seats or vinal wrap

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Originally posted by Blue Devil 2
    It was a good thing you brought this up, I was wondering the same thing. Racing seats get worn down fairly quickly when used for every day driving, vinyl looks cool when color matched correctly but like already stated they will not hold you in position at all.
    Once again, I think you need to invest in some better seats. I've had a pair of Sparco Evo 2s in my car for close to 2 years now (its my daily driver), and they aren't faded, the cloth isn't falling apart or threadbare anywhere on the seat. They're ultra comfortable for long rides too (I drove to winnepeg a week after I had the drivers side one put in.)
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride
    O.P.P.

Originally posted by buh_buh
    racing seats.
    I only like em cuz they hug u better.
    re-wrapped seats don't do shiet all.
    I agree... Buh_buh's seats were the first racing seats I've had a good seat time in (Beyond Track Day) and it was depressing having to sit in MY seats after
    Originally posted by Hollywood
    Oh and that crappy fabric that comes on many racing seats is any better? No way, they stain easy, wear down easy, and the fabric deteraites. Not saying all racing seats but a lot. You all know of the fabric I'm talking about.
    Yeah, I did notice some 'stainage' on buh_buh's seats, but I didn't want to say anything

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
    Once again, I think you need to invest in some better seats. I've had a pair of Sparco Evo 2s in my car for close to 2 years now (its my daily driver), and they aren't faded, the cloth isn't falling apart or threadbare anywhere on the seat. They're ultra comfortable for long rides too (I drove to winnepeg a week after I had the drivers side one put in.)
    I have seen your seats, they have the sparco "dirty look syndrome" which makes them not look that good, IMO.

For sparco the turino and milano are the only way to go for a real nice race/street seat. The milano comes in suede and leather....MMM..Milano.

My Ride
    Civic

what's the sparco "dirty look syndrome" ?

My Ride
    MDX

most of sparco's fabrics tend to absorb grease and dirt real easy.

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Originally posted by Hollywood

I have seen your seats, they have the sparco "dirty look syndrome" which makes them not look that good, IMO.
    Thats what happens when you leave you windows open at an especially dusty rallycross. It's nothing that a decent cleaning won't fix. Besides, its not like they are in there just for looks anyways. Any car that sees active competition use should have a decent sport or race seat in it.
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride
    Corolla

Thats what happens when you leave you windows open at an especially dusty rallycross. It's nothing that a decent cleaning won't fix. Besides, its not like they are in there just for looks anyways. Any car that sees active competition use should have a decent sport or race seat in it.
    That's how I see it too, I rather have good racing seats then my leather seats. Function over luxuary. (this opinion only applies to seats though hehehe )

My Ride
    FJC, S30

it also depends what kind of car u get.. i was thinkin of gettin racin seats but i drive a jeep so that would look horrably gross... so i ratehr get my seats wrapped
    Submaker.Illest.

My CRX seats are wrapped and there fine. They look soo sweet and they hold you in good. Why get racing seats unless your going to race????

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Originally posted by MrX

What kind of adjustments do you have on your factory seat rails?? Forward/Back, Tilt...etc...

One option is to use the existing rails and get custom brackets made for them. Guyon is one place that does it and they did an awesome job for my car, and at a great price too (custom brackets, install seat, and installed 4pt harness for $180). So that way I retained all the adjustability of my factory seats.
    I didnt know you could really do that, sweet!..my Seats slide forward and back, tilt back, and have what i think is called "lumbar" , where the back and the Bottom of the Seat tence up or loosen up, I find them Very Comfortable, And They Hold me in Place Very Well , but the Leather is 17 Years old, and it Shows.
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    E36 4dr

Originally posted by James

I didnt know you could really do that, sweet!..my Seats slide forward and back, tilt back, and have what i think is called "lumbar" , where the back and the Bottom of the Seat tence up or loosen up, I find them Very Comfortable, And They Hold me in Place Very Well , but the Leather is 17 Years old, and it Shows.
    you should be able to keep everything other than the lumbar support. Go to Guyon and get them to quote you a price for the custom job. Hope it all works out for you dude.

My Ride
    2009 STi

For sparco the turino and milano are the only way to go for a real nice race/street seat. The milano comes in suede and leather....MMM..Milano.
    I had Torino's in my car. After about 3 months they started to show wear and the fabric started "balling" up around the bolsters. I definately didnt get what I paid for (expensive, and didnt last worth crap!!) Maybe Recaros are the only good quality seats?

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by James

hehe my seats go front, back, the back tilts, it goes up and down, theres a lumbar support air pump thing, and the side bolsters are adjustable.

My Ride
    MDX

My old supra had up down front back and power side bolsters and lumbar. Damn those were nice seats.

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Originally posted by MrX

you should be able to keep everything other than the lumbar support. Go to Guyon and get them to quote you a price for the custom job. Hope it all works out for you dude.
    Thanks man
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2