Quantcast
Sun Tzu art of war - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sun Tzu art of war

Originally posted by finboy

how about you research someone before labeling them as moral scum
    Yeah thats it............Tupac was a fine, upstanding and moral citizen and a great role model.

Well ................except for the "gangsta" violence, weapons and lots of jail time including a 4 year prison term for sexual assault
    Last edited by D. Dub; 04-14-2005 at 09:46 PM.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Originally posted by thich
    I bought my copy of the Sun Tzu's Art of War at Chapters.
    I got the Denma Translation - supposedly best translation to date.

I'm gonna get myself a copy of a Vietnamese translation - the english language seems to be lacking for me lol.
    Awesome read nonetheless.

Skyline_addict, isn't ROTK over 1000 pages long spread over 3 volumes? I'm thinking of purchasing a copy of this too.
    I couldn't tell you how many pages or how many volumes it is as there are many different publications of the story. I can tell you that if the story is in any way told in completeness, then it is a LONG story.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by D. Dub

Yeah thats it............Tupac was a fine, upstanding and moral citizen and a great role model.

Well ................except for the "gangsta" violence, weapons and lots of jail time including a 4 year prison term for sexual assault
    sexual battery charges which were on the verge of being overturned, as an ivy league law professor took up the case, until 2pac was murdered.

not to mention the two who were with 2pac and apperantly were the ones who assaulted here weren't even charged.

as for lyrics, 2pac rapped about the world he grew up in, he was an activist, and was trying to show the world how the poorer communities lived. Have you even listened to any of his songs or are you just making blanket statements based on other rappers?

he was a poet, and had a very successful book entitled "the rose that grew from the concrete"

songs like "brends got a baby" and "keep ya head up" show that he was more then just "moral scum"
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Originally posted by finboy

sexual battery charges which were on the verge of being overturned, as an ivy league law professor took up the case, until 2pac was murdered.

not to mention the two who were with 2pac and apperantly were the ones who assaulted here weren't even charged.

as for lyrics, 2pac rapped about the world he grew up in, he was an activist, and was trying to show the world how the poorer communities lived. Have you even listened to any of his songs or are you just making blanket statements based on other rappers?

he was a poet, and had a very successful book entitled "the rose that grew from the concrete"

songs like "brends got a baby" and "keep ya head up" show that he was more then just "moral scum"

I quit .....you're not worth arguing with......

b/c.........

.....obviously you're like 17 and stuck in some kinda bizarre wannabe hero worship of an amoral hero.

"Onepac" spent more time in jail in than in the studio....
    but no he's not a bad person........its just that he must have been oppressed or misunderstood........

sheesh...get your head outa yer ass.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

I quit .....you're not worth arguing with......

b/c.........

.....obviously you're like 17 and stuck in some kinda bizarre wannabe hero worship of an amoral hero.

"Onepac" spent more time in jail in than in the studio....
    but no he's not a bad person........its just that he must have been oppressed or misunderstood........

sheesh...get your head outa yer ass.
    yes, i'm 17, way to jump to conclusions and jump to personal insults, really makes you look quite mature.

2pac spent 18 months in jail, yet had a career that spanned all through the 90's, with acting, writing, and rapping of which he suceeded at all.

he also attended the Baltimore School for the
    Performing Arts, oh but wait, he couldn't even read according to you

My Ride
    FG, S14, Caliber SRT4

i think D.Dub dislikes black people.

either that or he MUST have done a bit of research on tupac before opening his "16 year old" mouth... oh...wait...he diden't cuz anyone with a grain of knowlage knows you can't write music IF YOU CAN'T READ....but obviously D.Dub doesen't know that...so much for grain.. Just because your mom don't like tupac, doesen't mean you have to hate him too... Grow up, and stop hating......kid.

if u were talking about someone like 50cent, or the game, or ja rule...i would argee with you, but pac was a poet, he didn't rap about fukin hoes, buyin ice, and drinkin crystal, he was discusing teh social position of black people in a white america, and putting into music the struggles of his life........i really doubt that u have ever truly listened to any of pacs music, let alone analyse his lyrics.....

pac was an educated man, and grew up in a activist house hold, his mother was an active black panther, and at a very young age he was exposed to the fucked up situation in the states, he is very well read. just becuase he is black, and has tatoos doesn;t mean he is a bum.....

I don't like black people?!?!??! WTF???

I like all people, green, purple, red and fuchsia people, except people who consistently break the law and act as a role model to impressionable and malleable young people like you guys.

So what if he was a good rapper or a poet?!?! That makes him a good person and able to consistently break the law??

and besides .....

TUPAC WAS A RAPIST!!!!

Sheeesh you guys really need new role models.

he was convicted and served time for it and was accused of doing it before the incident he went to jail for.

My Ride
    GD + GR WRB

back on topic please..
    Bought not built!

for anyone who has read the Art of War, there are a lot of sections in it which is pretty much common sense; wut's ur favourite common sense saying in it?

Mine is the one where it goes "don't position yourself downwind from a fire"

I don't like black people?!?!??! WTF???

I like all people, green, purple, red and fuchsia people, except people who consistently break the law and act as a role model to impressionable and malleable young people like you guys.

So what if he was a good rapper or a poet?!?! That makes him a good person and able to consistently break the law??

Im a fan of Tupac's music .. however didnt agree with alot of things he did...how could you relate to what he was rapping about .. besides getting punished by his mom you teenagers cant relate to anything he raps about, so how can you defend him.. and say he was a good person..

as muscican he was great
    as an actor he sucked
    as an activist he sucked.. show'd black youth how to roll blunts and drink alyze and murder there enemies..
    as a moral human being he was no mike tyson.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

and besides .....

TUPAC WAS A RAPIST!!!!

he was convicted and served time for it and was accused of doing it before the incident he went to jail for.
    i'm not going to question your taste in music, but again, it wasn't rape charges, and you really should read into a person before you write them off as a worthless human being.

back on topic.

How did a thread about The Art of War turn into a thread about Professional Whiners a.k.a. rap artists?

My Ride
    pedals

fuck

Itsd a good read, I have the Denma translation. This translation is very easy to understand. There is a new book on the Art of War too, i forget what it was called but it includes new texts.

so i guessing the Denma Translation...is probably the best translation...there's a website i found....which books tupac read..here's the link if ur interested...

http://www.alleyezonme.com/tupacsReadingList.phtml

and besides .....

TUPAC WAS A RAPIST!!!!

im sorry to go off topic but u sir are dam ignorant... take some time and read about someones life before u go and make stupid comments, he wasnt charged with rape it was something stupid like forcibly grabbing the buttocks or something lol, and im pretty sure if it was anybody other than tupac they wouldn't have gone to jail for that crime, so u cant say that just because he went to jail he was a bad person. I agree he wasnt the best person, but he was trying to help out his community, built many houses for homeless people to come live in, and just recently the Tupac Amaru Foundation launched the "keep the kids alive" campaign. So IMO he wasnt the best person to have ever lived, but is a hell of a lot better than many of the people kids idolize today.

My Ride
    Lifted 4.0L H.O.

Start another thread about Tupac please....

I went to buy the Art of War a while back but, there were a alot of different versions. What version would you recommend? The last version I saw seemed small and didn't go into as much detail as you have explained. What was the name of the author who translated the book or would you perhaps have a picture of the cover?
    Rev high, ride low.

My Ride
    Wristshots

the one i have is translated by Thomas Cleary and pyblished by Shambhala Dragon Editions, well worth my 17ish bucks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast