Quantcast
563hp Supra vs Suburban - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 563hp Supra vs Suburban

My Ride
    383 Camaro LT1

Default 563hp Supra vs Suburban

563hp Supra vs Suburban

Sunday, April 10, 2005

WEST PALM BEACH — Raymond Yeo's license plate said it all: 563-HP. 563 horsepower.

He had a love of giant engines that may have sped him to his death Saturday.

Police say the Lake Worth man gunned his turbocharged Toyota Supra as he left a specialty garage. Yeo lost control of the car just a block away and crashed head-on into a Chevrolet Suburban carrying six people.

Yeo, 56, died at the scene. The Suburban occupants — three adults and three children — suffered mostly bumps and bruises. One adult with a broken arm required surgery, police said.

The 11 a.m. accident, just south of Belvedere Road on South Dixie Highway, blocked the road as police investigated.

Hours later, they took Yeo's body from his car, removed his valuables and loaded the body into a van.

Karl Seifel, a traffic homicide investigator, said he believes Yeo's Supra was at fault in the collision. "He was definitely pushing the gas," Seifel said.

Witnesses said they saw the Supra begin to fishtail before it swerved into the oncoming Suburban.

Jaime Boss, 24, an employee of a tire store nearby, said the Supra sped up too quickly after leaving the garage.

"It's a matter of having respect for the power of the motor, because the rear-end will just break loose," Boss said.

Yeo had just left Total Performance & Service, a garage where cars are transformed into racers. Owner Mary McCollum said Yeo had come in the morning to check out a computer system.

She described him as polite, proper gentleman. He was on his way home to do painting his wife had asked him to do, she said.

McCollum heard the blowoff valve blast as Yeo sped away.

"I tell the 18-year-olds: Keep it off the streets. Take it to the track," McCollum said. "Maybe I should tell the older guys too."

A Yeo family member was too upset to comment.
    93 Camaro Z28 (The fast one)
    01 Trans Am WS6 (The cute one)
    Esla T6 Dog Sled (Not cute, not fast, scary as hell)

My Ride
    Sentra

damn that sucks

My Ride
    1986 327iT mtech1

those damn old men and their mid life crises,
    but sad to see a nice man and his nice car go

man, just when u think older people wouldn't drive like 18yr olds

My Ride
    1995 Toyota Supra TT BPU

DAMN. That sucks. Poor guy and his family. Sad to see this happen to older people, not just younger kids. But it goes to show it isn't just the younger people driving fast.
    MKIV Toyota Supra TT BPU

My Ride
    1995 Nissan 240SX LE

shit happens. one less used supra for me to choose from when i win the lottery.

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

at least he went out in his car, if i had to choose, thats how id wanna go, doin what I enjoy

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

My Ride
    K20A3

that guy is a fucking idiot i hope he burns in hell, a car is a dangerous weapon, if he would have survived he would have been in jail for the rest of his life anyways so lucky him that hes dead, let this be a reminder to the thoughtless street racers out there

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

d-Unit, if this guy was your dad I don't think you'd feel that way
    Originally posted by VIZSLA
    Seems that running qualifying in three heats worked so well we're now running the race in three parts too.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

My Ride
    K20A3

true, ide be sad, but i wouldnt be able to justify his actions

My Ride
    1995 Nissan 240SX LE

i'm not even sure it was his own fault? maybe the suburban ran a red light?

My Ride
    F355 GTB-Fiero GT-Civic Si-Champ Car-300ZX

My Ride
    1995 Toyota Supra TT BPU

d-unit, just because you have a car with only 100 hp doesn't mine others with high powered cars are all street racers. In the article did it say ANYWHERE he was streetracing? NO. So leave your damn idiotic comments to your self. You know for a fact that if your car had ANY type of power you would mess around sometimes, correct? How do you know it wasn't mechanical error? Shit happens, car parts break. Please, don't be so quick to judge next time...

Oh yea, and the charge for streetracing isn't life in jail. Or atleast it isn't here in the states. Besides him dieing did anyone else die? NO. So, remind me again why he would go to jail for the rest of his life? And when is it EVER okay for a human to die? How about we stick you in that car instead of that guy.
    Last edited by d4nt3; 04-17-2005 at 08:31 PM.
    MKIV Toyota Supra TT BPU

My Ride
    pedals

if this was a kid you would all be lining up to say nasty shit. Just cause he was old doesnt make it better, it actually makes it worse, he should have known better.

My Ride
    K20A3

Originally posted by d4nt3
    d-unit, just because you have a car with only 100 hp doesn't mine others with high powered cars are all street racers. In the article did it say ANYWHERE he was streetracing? NO. So leave your damn idiotic comments to your self. You know for a fact that if your car had ANY type of power you would mess around sometimes, correct? How do you know it wasn't mechanical error? Shit happens, car parts break. Please, don't be so quick to judge next time...

Oh yea, and the charge for streetracing isn't life in jail. Or atleast it isn't here in the states. Besides him dieing did anyone else die? NO. So, remind me again why he would go to jail for the rest of his life? And when is it EVER okay for a human to die? How about we stick you in that car instead of that guy.
    shut the fuck up you stupid ass newbie, first off the crx doesnt even have 100hp, so thanks for coming out

second off did you not read the article, it said he guned it out of the garage, and that he was at fault in the acciedent and that he was speeding, you are right shit happens car parts break, something broke on his car when he drove way to fast for the car to handle, once again his fault, and yes he would be in jail for the rest of his life, because its called speeding/stunting/attempted murder, fuck your ignorance annoys me.. your right its never ok for a human to die, that is of course if its not you doing the dying

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

Originally posted by hjr
    if this was a kid you would all be lining up to say nasty shit. Just cause he was old doesnt make it better, it actually makes it worse, he should have known better.
    you hit the nail on that one......so many people on this site jump down people's throats when they post about there speeding ticket going 20 or 30 over, or any other minor tickets with the police saying this or that could of happened as a result of there stupidly....i mean if that was a little sedan with a family he probably would have taken a few other innocent lives, people shouldn't be cutting him sympothy cause of his age when the same people would be bashing him if he was a teenage street racer

My Ride
    Germanrific - 1/4/5/6/A/C/E/R

no, i'm not cutting slack for this guy in the supra just cause he's older. What he did was pretty moronic regardless. It just proves you can be stupid at any age. Sometimes people just have lapses of judgement (it happens to the best of us) and it's unfortunate it ended in this.

Originally posted by d-UNiT

shut the fuck up you stupid ass newbie,
    uh yeah, that seems to be your argument for anyone who's post you disagree with and they happen to have registered later then you. Does being a member longer then another member mean them and their opinion are inferior to you?

and yes he would be in jail for the rest of his life, because its called speeding/stunting/attempted murder, fuck your ignorance annoys me.. your right its never ok for a human to die, that is of course if its not you doing the dying
    uhh..attempted murder???..hold the ketchup. It would be more reckless driving, and he really wouldn't be in jail for the rest of his life even if he survived, because..uh..no one died? He'd just get a big (let me emphasize big) fine and most likely a suspension of his license...and since when did speeding/stunting land you "in jail for the rest of your life?"..if that was true Beyond would have half the posters it does now since they'd "all be in jail" according to your theory.

Since you seem to like to run your mouth and constantly voice your opinion (even when it's not asked for) I'll voice mine - yeap, you didn't ask for it but here it comes. Your ignorant and immature posts throughout Beyond are uncalled for. I'm surprised your user rating hasn't dropped to 50% with your bullshit posts, # of deleted posts and your "know-it-all" attitude when no one asked for it ie:

teal colour imports always have a lower face price than others,

its not a desirable colour, and thats the truth
    yo lame-OH, the comments were not negative at all, i didnt attack him, i gave my opinion/suggestion
    and some prime examples of how mature you really are

stop bumping this shit so much you have the ugliest user name ever and i cant stand to see it on my screen, also if there is no interest take a hint, leave it on 780 tuners, and maybe youll get lucky, but for now please just leave it as is, if someone is searching for an integra they wont just look on the front page they will search through the forums, and if you'r friend is in no rush to sell why does this have to be bumped all the time?

what makes me not smart?.. sorry i dont often get white stuff on my face

probably because guys dont unload on me.. unlike you right?

just drop it dude, go buy a man purse, wear your crotchless panties and put on your coloured chapstick want watch your richard simmons work out tapes
    mods delete this if it's out of line, I thought i'd just rant.

My Ride
    K20A3

you complain more than any human i know, everywhere i post you jump on next and complain about what i just said, its an opinion man, it doesnt have to be right, and you have been inciting my wreckless posts by being so "mature",

dude get off your high horse, you seem to think you are superior, its a message forum, everyone is free to post, you dont have to be asked to post, half the time i post shit im being sarcastic like about the teal import, when i said and thats the truth, its a fucking joke relax, i dont even know what to say, you seem to care more about what i post than the accuracy of your responses to my posts

anyways drop it and lets be friends

My Ride
    383 Camaro LT1

Read the forum rules people! No personal attacks. This means name calling.
    93 Camaro Z28 (The fast one)
    01 Trans Am WS6 (The cute one)
    Esla T6 Dog Sled (Not cute, not fast, scary as hell)