Quantcast
Healthy Meal Plans! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Healthy Meal Plans!

Default Healthy Meal Plans!

Alright guys , alot of us have different meal plans we use ...

Lets get a list of the best ones , and for what type of program you are doing. I thought this would be a good idea for the new people and old , since 80% of the work out is eating properly..

List away.. Day program or Week program or Month Program (You damn health nuts )

Edit: Ill post mine up later tonight .
    Last edited by JAYMEZ; 04-18-2005 at 07:11 PM.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

breakfast i eat a bowl of hot cereal (instant oatmeal shit) without sugar or anything...and i drink a glass of SKIM milk

lunch i eat a massive salad (no dressing) and a can of tuna/ or chciken breast

dinner i eat 2 chicken breasts (grilled or baked without oil)/ or 2 pieces of fish fillets (grilled or baked without oil), and another massive salad (without dressing)

after dinner a serving of fruit.....

thats about it...ohh and i drink about 2.5 L of water (5 water bottles)..no juice

thats my typical food during the week....i usually eat diff shit on
    sat tho

My Ride
    Juiced n' Stroked GT35R 4G63, C6 Z06

breakfast- 1 scoop of protien with juice and a few tablespoons of sugar really gets me wired up( awesome before workouts), and oatmeal with an orange or bannana
    lunch- subway or vietnamese subs at school with a can of tuna with mayo
    dinner- pasta with steak, or sausage or whatever mom makes for dinner lol

i guess thats pretty inconsistent since i dont really eat that everyday.. if people could also add healthy/workout/protien meal ideas to this thread that would be a good idea..

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

I don't really have a specific plan that I follow, although there are a few things I really focus on:

- 5 litres of water a day
    - having a solid breakfast that fills me up
    - having snacks of banana's and granola bars in my car ready for whenever I feel hungry
    - making sure never to skip lunch no matter what I'm doing
    - having a well rounded supper with a large serving of meat, some kind of fruits and vegetables
    - drinking plenty of milk for added protein and calcium
    - having something to eat after workouts, and especially before bed so my body can use it while I sleep when it burns a high amount of calories

It's not a 'rocket-science type' written in stone plan, it's just about trying to make consistant healthy choices throughout the day.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    X5

Breakfast: Oatmeal, some kind of fruit and eggs

Mid morning snack: Protein bar

Lunch: Chicken and salad

Mid afternoon snack: Protein shake(whey and water), protein bar or apple and almonds

Dinner: Fish or chicken, Veggies, Brown rice and salad

Evening snack: Protein shake

This is the meal plan i built for myself for rugby training. Most carbs post work out, and none after 8 pm. Basically with this I'm hoping to cut body fat into the single digits and gain muscle mass(as much as possible)
    Last edited by Marsh; 04-18-2005 at 10:48 PM.

My Ride
    GAR CON!!!!!!!

7 grams of protien goes with 3 grams of fat and that allows 9 grams of carb to a maximum of about 35 gm protien in a meal.

Snacks and meals 2 hours apart. nothing with added sugar or cafiene

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Originally posted by Marsh
    Mid afternoon snack: Protein shake(whey and water
    Whey and water

Dude you need to get yourself some yogurt, frozen fruit, olive oil, and JUICE in those shakes.

Let me guess... it's probably chocolate protein powder mixed with the water
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

^^^ Lol thats grosse , i dont think i could drink water and whey
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

I keep almonds for meals that are too low in fat( 0.6 grams of
    fat per almond)

I keep apples because they keep reasonably well

I don't buy the diet or no fat yogurt shit anymore, read the label on the full fat ones..they only have like 5 grams...at that rate I could eat 3 of them in a meal, but I never do.

Too many whole grain products come packed with sugars and fats..............so I have a cheese shaker full of all bran(the sawdust stuff) and I'm learning which foods it can be used on without screwing them up.........anything moist( oatmeals, yogurts, the cottage cheese on a salad) seems to work well.

Eggs, Eggs, Eggs, I hard boil a whole carton at a time, then eat them over the course of a week.

I've gotten careful about bananas, they are good for you but the glycemic index is way higher than apples. Strawberries have a remarkably low glycemic index.

I'm learning to balance every meal. That way, I don't mind eating last nights leftovers for breakfast or lunch the next day.

Stir fries freeze really well, make your own frozen dinners for work.

lemon juice to keep my water bottle fresh. Been experimenting with unsweetened iced tea made from real tea bags.

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

I'm not on a food plan or anyhting, bu tI wanna post haha.

Breakfast: Egg and chicken w/slice of cheese inbetween two brown breads!

Lunch: Usually skip it or foget so I eat about 3-4 chocolate bars or somehting ahaha.

Pre-dinner: a quick snack

Dinner: Anything and everything

Big glass of ribena
    then maybe a big glass of water
    little snack

before i goto bed like 2 glasses of water
    ------------

yes it's unhealthy as shit probably, but I plan on changing my food habits when shcool is over and maybe if I'm not lazy enough start working out haha

Originally posted by /////AMG
    I'm not on a food plan or anyhting, bu tI wanna post haha.

Big glass of ribena
    then maybe a big glass of water
    little snack

postwhore, then why bother posting?

And ribena is horbbily bad for you!

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Is it actually? Ittastes damn good. It's just a water mix just liek orange juice or something.

Originally posted by jaysas_63
    breakfast i eat a bowl of hot cereal (instant oatmeal shit) without sugar or anything...and i drink a glass of SKIM milk

lunch i eat a massive salad (no dressing) and a can of tuna/ or chciken breast

dinner i eat 2 chicken breasts (grilled or baked without oil)/ or 2 pieces of fish fillets (grilled or baked without oil), and another massive salad (without dressing)

after dinner a serving of fruit.....

thats about it...ohh and i drink about 2.5 L of water (5 water bottles)..no juice

thats my typical food during the week....i usually eat diff shit on
    sat tho
    How are you able to choke back 2 huge salads without dressing twice a day? I would get so tired of that after a couple of days.

Why not just get a low fat and low sugar dressing?

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

What is ribena?

^^ Its a british drink , i think its concentrated berry (cant remember what one) , I used to have it when i lived in the UK

Originally posted by sputnik

How are you able to choke back 2 huge salads without dressing twice a day? I would get so tired of that after a couple of days.

Why not just get a low fat and low sugar dressing?

well i use to make myself a vinegrette out of virgin olive oil, and balsamic vinegar, salt, and ground black pepper, and a touch of poupon mustard (the only type of vinegrette that i liked), but then i found out all the shit they put in the balsamic vinegar that is less than like $100 a bottle, i.e. the fake shit.....so yea i tried making vinegrettes with other acids, like lemon juice, white vinegar, apple cider vinegar etc, but it all tasted like ass, so i just eat the salads straight up.........

i also put olives, feta cheese, and almonds in the salad (good substitute for dressing). u could also put some tuna in a salad mixed with lemon juice it tastes ok.... and avacodos in a salad also make for a good substitute of dressing...... u don't really need dressing to make the salad taste decent, but yea it sure as hell won't tase as good as a ceaser

edit: and btw i am tired of it...when i look at a salad i almost gag...but whatever i don't eat food as entertainment anymore...i just eat to stay healthy......i guess i just changed my outlook on food consumption

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Originally posted by Tyler883
    What is ribena?
    click for larger version
    » Click image for larger version

Same thing but like 10X smaller lol.
    I drink the Blackcurent & apple.

Originally posted by jaysas_63

well i use to make myself a vinegrette out of virgin olive oil, and balsamic vinegar, salt, and ground black pepper, and a touch of poupon mustard (the only type of vinegrette that i liked), but then i found out all the shit they put in the balsamic vinegar that is less than like $100 a bottle, i.e. the fake shit.....so yea i tried making vinegrettes with other acids, like lemon juice, white vinegar, apple cider vinegar etc, but it all tasted like ass, so i just eat the salads straight up.........
    Balsamic vinegar gets more expensive based on how long it is aged. I have never heard of any bad stuff being in real balsamic. I generally pay about $10-15/bottle from an Italian supermarket and I've never known it to be harmful.

I think you may want to revisit your beliefs on balsamic vinegar.

sry , dbl post

Originally posted by sputnik

Balsamic vinegar gets more expensive based on how long it is aged. I have never heard of any bad stuff being in real balsamic. I generally pay about $10-15/bottle from an Italian supermarket and I've never known it to be harmful.

I think you may want to revisit your beliefs on balsamic vinegar.
    its not harmful, its just not REAL balsamic vinegar...... real Balsamic vinegar is an intense red-brown liqueur made "not from wine directly as most suppose, but from a fermented wine-grape reduction aged in old oak. Ordinary "Balsamic" constitutes an outright fraud concocted from regular wine vinegar and food coloring, acidic junk by comparison."........the fake stuff is just color, and flavouring, its not really balsamic just some shit thats tastes like it...the real stuff cost about 90-175 dollars for 3.5 ounces
    Last edited by jaysas_63; 04-19-2005 at 02:48 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast