Quantcast
WTF World Health Club - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WTF World Health Club

My Ride
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230, 1968 Chevy Impala

Angry WTF World Health Club

k, so i "won" two free weeks at their club the other night at coyotes. i jsut wanted to check out the club to see how it is cause i am interested in getting more fit. however, when i wanted to become a member they said i had to pay a monthly fee of either 50 or 100$ which i was fine with. but then they as i was about to sign i noticed some fine print that he forgot to mention. i would have to sign a one year contract that i wouldnt be able to cancel, meaning that when i go away for school, they would still be takin 50 or 100$ out of my account even though i never used their facilities. so screw that. anyone know of some more economical gyms that do like a pay as u go type of thing?
    1968 Impala: Status: Stored
    1977 Dodge Triple E RV: Sold
    1989 Mercedes Benz 420 SEL: Sold
    2008 Mercedes Benz C230: Cruising
    2000 Bluebird TC2000: Build phase of skoolie project
    2018 Rav4 XLE: New baby friendly daily

My Ride
    EK9

tailisman center

My Ride
    TSX

ymca

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

you could try a public facility, perhaps at a swimming pool. Maybe you can find a coupon system that helps you save money but still lets you avoid a monthly fee.

There a sportplex in the NE that does the coupon thing, its only about $4.50 per visit instead of the $10 you might have to pay at a liesure centre. The only problem is it's mostly a hockey arena, and the actual fitness room is very small.

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

Originally posted by e_racer
    tailisman center
    Have you been there, whats it like?

Default Re: WTF World Health Club

Originally posted by cycosis
    k, so i "won" two free weeks at their club the other night at coyotes. i jsut wanted to check out the club to see how it is cause i am interested in getting more fit. however, when i wanted to become a member they said i had to pay a monthly fee of either 50 or 100$ which i was fine with. but then they as i was about to sign i noticed some fine print that he forgot to mention. i would have to sign a one year contract that i wouldnt be able to cancel, meaning that when i go away for school, they would still be takin 50 or 100$ out of my account even though i never used their facilities. so screw that. anyone know of some more economical gyms that do like a pay as u go type of thing?

Yeah, i use to work at WHC and they are so bad about that. If you enter to win a free membership at the bar or at Subway, whatever....they take your info (everyone's) and give you 2 weeks free and then are on you everytime you are there and try to get you to sign a year or 2 contract.
    They really pressure you and try to get you to sign a "no obligation" contract. at least at the one i worked at. It was pretty lame.

Last edited by kaput; 03-13-2019 at 05:24 AM.

Goodlife in Canyon Meadows has a summer student plan that is 3 months for $99 (plus some admin. fee I'd assume). Maybe give em a call if you're going away to school.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

was that seinfeld or friends that had an episode about this same issue?
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    2003.5 BMW M3

Stay away from WHC. I got suckered into a one year membership like you almost did. $63/month for the edgemont club and it sucked ass. Tried to get out of it but you basically need to die to get out of the contract Go to the Y or Talisman or even Golds for that matter. IMO WHC =

sorry to jack the thread, but does anyone know if the shawnessy YMCA is going to have a 4 month summer deal for students? i know goodlife does but the ppl there drive me up the wall, id rather slap around the kids at the local Y then deal with a bunch of senile old farts at goodlife. gawd i hate old ppl, lol.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

Originally posted by Wildcat
    sorry to jack the thread, but does anyone know if the shawnessy YMCA is going to have a 4 month summer deal for students? i know goodlife does but the ppl there drive me up the wall, id rather slap around the kids at the local Y then deal with a bunch of senile old farts at goodlife. gawd i hate old ppl, lol.
    You seem to be getting more opinionated every day.......you must be getting old, be careful, you'll be plucking you nostril hairs before long.

^nah, i trim that shit.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    2002 SVT Focus

Originally posted by Wildcat
    id rather slap around the kids at the local Y ...

So does Michael Jackson....

11 F-150 Supercrew FX4 5.0

My Ride
    Juiced n' Stroked GT35R 4G63, C6 Z06

whc has advantages and disadvatages.. they try to fuck you for money, say your payments are late and what not, bullshit.. but thier facilities are awesome i think that they lack one machine i like from the U.. damn i love that thing.. one last back workout before summer 4 plates on that biach! .. anyways whcs benefit is that you can use any one all across calgary, the edgemont one i go to has a nice pool and sometimes little hoochie bitches if your into stupid chicks.. also at the one i workout at i feel sooo small compared to world class bodybuilder/s who are there, which is a benefit because it pushes you.. so many people are begining to workout i guess its 'cool' now with all the ufc media and whatnot..

Even if you're signed up on a year contract, you can always freeze your account for upto 12 months while you go away to school.

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

Default Re: WTF World Health Club

Originally posted by cycosis
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man, wish we had an I told you so smiley. Why do you think they were throwing them at people like that. That idiot asked me twice if I wanted to enter the contest, then when I declined the second time he said something about me being gay. Lost all respect for that place. Damn good advertising strategy...

My Ride
    B6 A4 3.0Q

Originally posted by fast95pony

So does Michael Jackson....

i dunno why but that made me laugh really hard!!! i think i gotta go to sleep....

My Ride
    DC5

if you wanna go to a good gym in the south, Gage's gym in Wood Bine is really good, i paid a start up fee of $35 and a monthly fee of $35 and you can do monthly and i also think that there is a good deal for students, well at least buying a membership for 4 months, you get a pretty good deal of around just over $100 i think

really good gym, and he used to be a professional bodybuilder and gives pretty sweet tips when you are working out but also it is not very crowded so thats what i like about it, you get your shit done without waiting for anybody to get off machines

My Ride
    Wristshots

WHC is pretty bad. when i was a member there i paid for my membership card ($40), but i didnt get it eve after a coulpe of months, so i ask them and they say i never ordered it. also when i wanted to end my membership, they didn't actually stop billing me until about the 3rd time i said i wanted to cancel it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast