Quantcast
Street racers on Glenmore... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Street racers on Glenmore...

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Default Street racers on Glenmore...

Saturday night I'm driving home at around 1:30 am and I get passed by probably eight cars doing at least 150 km/hr. Sure enough, the fuzz shows up and one of them is pulled over. Continuing my leasurely drive down Glenmore I find myself pulled over right by 68th street for... street racing?

Apparently I was following the group of kids (which would have been hard doing 80 km/hr) and he wants to give me a ticket with a mandatory court appearance.

I asked how he assumed it was me racing as I got pulled over at least 5 minutes after I passed them and he explained that he saw me "swerve into the right lane and accelerate to match their speed".

I explained to him that it was late, I just got off work, and that I was NOT street racing nor have I even taken my car above the speed limit. I explained that my turbo was gone and that my car probably couldn't reach a speed over 120 km/hr anyways.

He goes back into his cruiser for about 15 minutes, then comes back out and tells me that he's giving me a "serious warning." and that he's got me "on file and won't be so leniant next time".

I'm driving home and I figued I probably could phone in and claim harassment, but I was too effing tired to care. A big THUMBS DOWN to the dinks that whipped past me and the cop too.

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

avoid foothills industrial on weekends, its a good way to get tickets.
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

Originally posted by finboy

I was in the DQ area on Saturday night and the sound of fart-cans was in the air. The cops wont think twice about pulling you over, especially in a RHD car.

My Ride

Originally posted by finboy
    I know, but its the shortest route home

Originally posted by QuasarCav

The cops wont think twice about pulling you over, especially in a RHD car.

I wouldnt doubt that the JDM cars are going to be targetted everywhere at anytime.

Good to know, I usually drive throught their on the way to my friends late at night
    I would file that harrassment complaint
    The Power of Dreams

My Ride
    2002 Lexus GS430

same thing happened to me. but the rcmp gave me a ticket for my exhaust, which im chopping off
    Oliver

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

anytime someone drives a modified car, you're already a marked target. It just adds to the frey when idiots drive past you wanting to either race, or show you up.. then somehow, wether you meant to or not.. you were "street racing" with him. It sucks, but it comes with the territory.

It seems like, most luxury vehicles, sports cars, moddifed sport compacts are marked! It's time to whip out an old minivan and delivery truck to stay "low key"

Im sorry but that is discrimination. Why are people now a days guilty until proven innocent? Didntt it used to be innocent till proven guilty?

My Ride
    curbed rim

The same thing happened to my buddy's sister on John laurie. (lol who the hell would speed on jl) these two ricers were racing and they went around but the cops pulled her over for street racing and tried to give her a seatbelt ticket (she took it off while talking to cop)

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by izzoblitzo
    anytime someone drives a modified car, you're already a marked target. It just adds to the frey when idiots drive past you wanting to either race, or show you up.. then somehow, wether you meant to or not.. you were "street racing" with him. It sucks, but it comes with the territory.

It seems like, most luxury vehicles, sports cars, moddifed sport compacts are marked! It's time to whip out an old minivan and delivery truck to stay "low key"
    sleeper style > *
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

I had two morons almost crash into me and a few other people as well as a cement wall on Crowchild. Going 150+ swerving in and out of traffic. Some shit civic and some shit crv.
    1990 Poonstang
    1990 Sexplorer
    1967 Chevelle Panty Dropper
    2003 GMC SLE 1500HD Donkey Hauler
    2013 Ram Longhorn w/ a 6" lift and 35s
    2017 Nissan Maxima

Last summer I was driving down crowchild going south by the university turn off. Minding my own buisness this bike serves by me like im standing still. I mutter to myself "idiot" and continue on driving, thinking nothing of it.
    I get over the bridge going over the river and go into the "s-type" curve it does before you get kinda near mount royal college (sorry dont know streets in Calgary very well) and I see skid marks...but only a single one... one not left by a car.
    The road begins to straighten out and I see the bike smashed through the steel traffic barrier fence thingy and into the concrete wall...
    The driver was lieing between the fence and the concrete barrier about 15 feet ahead of the bike.
    I pulled over quickly and rushed to go see him...being one of the first on the scene who actually cared enough to stop. I peared over the fence...and he was messed up and not moving. I tried to talk to him with no response. This lady had stopped her SUV as well and said she knew first aid. So did I but I phoned 911. Emergency crews were already on their way and after moving my car outta the way for ambulance, police and fire crews I stayed on the scene until I wasnt needed anymore.
    Im pretty sure that biker died that day.

I know this story isnt about ricer's speeding in their imports or street racers... but its just another lesson that speed kills.
    The Power of Dreams

My Ride
    03' SVT Cobra 10th ann vert

thats why i drive a family car

My Ride
    Mitsubishi

yeah man I would call in for harassment, cops prolly wanted to check up on you cause of ur ride tho.
    "lets see how you do it"

Originally posted by Moe Man
    thats why i drive a family car
    You mean like my family car?

Originally posted by lancer04
    yeah man I would call in for harassment, cops prolly wanted to check up on you cause of ur ride tho.
    Gimme a break.......

Do you guys expect the cop to be omniscient? You were in the wrong place at the wrong time.......the cop didn't do anything wrong. I'm glad he pulled you over on the chance you were one of the racers.

If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and has fart can that quacks like a duck......expect to be pulled over

My Ride
    Cayman

Originally posted by SilverBoost

You mean like my family car?
    lol 4 door Sentra's rule :P

Hey Steven

My Ride

Originally posted by D. Dub

Gimme a break.......

Do you guys expect the cop to be omniscient? You were in the wrong place at the wrong time.......the cop didn't do anything wrong. I'm glad he pulled you over on the chance you were one of the racers.

If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and has fart can that quacks like a duck......expect to be pulled over
    Only I don't have a fart can.

My Ride
    Wristshots

since u werent actually speeding, they cant do much can they?

wut kind of ticket did he want to give you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast