Quantcast
Bunch Of Bull ! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Bunch Of Bull !

My Ride
    Probe

Default Bunch Of Bull !

Well I am the first person to say that I dont know shit about Honda's. But when I heard this I almost started laughing.
    Supposidly some with with a D series motor ( which is the stock motor in a civic other hondas - single cam, vtec if I am correct)
    Well his D series motor is extra special because it has 3 different stages of Vtec that engage in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear... After I argued that Vtec stands for higher oil pressure opening more valves, and would have NOTHING to do with what gear you are in. The person just kept on telling me " Its true, Its true "
    So I thought I would ask someone who might acually know...
    Please let me be able to tell this guy he is as dumb as I think he is

He's got the latest VTEC transmission!

ExitSpeed Guest

I know the Integra Type-R has dual-stage VTEC, but it has nothing to do with what gear you are in, just how hard you are on the throttle and what RPMs you are in.

Refer the clueless miseducated Honda boy to this website....

http://www.leecao.com/honda/vtec/whatsvtec.html

might learn a thing or two about his car.

To jump to the tech info page for the 3-stage VTEC (which I think is in the S2000 and some other Hondas overseas) go directly here.

http://www.leecao.com/honda/vtec/3stagevtec.html
    Last edited by ExitSpeed; 01-08-2003 at 12:09 AM.

My Ride
    '15 GTI

the only 3-stage vtec is an economy system used on one of those boxy jdm cars...

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

the d15b (I think) is the JDM version of the d16Z6 and it has 3 stage vtec...it does not matter what gear you are in and you can tell the guy that it makes no difference because its pretty much the lowest honda motor made. I had one and it was useless.

My Ride
    a wrx.

convict, exitspeed (especially u)...read this:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...threadid=5372&

ExitSpeed Guest

Thanks for the link......I now know more about VTEC and VVTLi . It seems that the VANOS system is smiliar to iVTEC and VVTi systems. It seems wierd that Honda is puting the iVTEC in the RSX, wouldn't a variation of the regular "2nd Cam Profile" VTEC be better suited? Toyota puts thier "2nd Cam Profile" VVTLi ahead of the VVTi system in the Celica and Matrix.

Ah well, but I do enjoy the wonders of variable timing in small displacement motors (or a 996 Turbo with VarioCam Plus if I could ever drive one), definately a step up from the traditional straight timing engines.

My Ride
    a wrx.

umm i dont tihnk u understand ivtec.

in the rsx-s' case, ivtec is implemented as follows. there are 2 cam profiles on both the intake and exhaust cams, which is the same as dohc vtec on something like the h22a or a b16a. the "i" in ivtec means that on top of that, u also get camshaft phasing, where the camshaft can be advanced or retarded sometihng crazy like 40 degrees in either direction.

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

whawho...I was right...I have gained master honda powers with the knowlege of SOHC 120 hp engines...jeff, when did you get so smart?

ExitSpeed Guest

Jeff TYPE R: Ok, now I gotcha. I didn't read the description right, I thought it was only camshaft phasing and not both properties combined. I need to read slower methinks

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by syeve
    whawho...I was right...I have gained master honda powers with the knowlege of SOHC 120 hp engines...jeff, when did you get so smart?
    in my quest to slay ricers!

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

i am the so-called dumbass that told convict about 3 stage vtec. and im the first to admit i know nothing about it.youre such a fag conner, i told you i didnt know shit about it i just heard that buddy got a d series engine with 3 stage vtec. and thanks to exitspeed for the link i actually understand how that works now. and it turns out that there is such a thing a 3 stage vtec so you look pretty stupid too convict. last time i get engine advise from you, next time ill ask for cooking tips instead.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    Probe

I told YOU to tell the guy that TOLD YOU to tell him HE is a dumb ass! Knew you would read this I am personally not THAT stupid

My Ride
    Probe

Originally posted by civic_stylez
    and it turns out that there is such a thing a 3 stage vtec so you look pretty stupid too convict.
    But it has nothing to do with what gear you are in.. which is what I told you in the garage

My Ride
    WAO Arrival

I think that jeff started this...I'll stop whoring now