Quantcast
Pride Gp - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Pride Gp

Default Pride Gp

Did any of you guys watch the Pride Gp?

Yoshida is the man, that fight could have gone either way.

Shogun fucked Rampage up, rampage had broken ribs, and Shogun beat the crap out of Rampage in the clinch. To top it off, Shogun is considered an up and comer and before this fight, wouldn't even be rated in the top 5 in Pride, Rampage beat the #1 in the UFC, what does this say about the UFC?.

Sakuraba got a easy road the second round, fight was stopped early, but sakuraba deserves it, after pride sending him to get brain damage against silva and cro cop, he needs an easy fight.

Alstair a "kickboxer" subbed a experienced bjj black belt in Vitor Belfort, Alstair isn't even rated in the top 5 in Pride either, Vitor was #1 contender and former UFC champion....

Igor beat Kondo, no surpise here

A war between arona and lister, Arona is so fucking boring but I think he has a chance of taking the whole gp, his fucking boring style of take the over guy down and lie on them is very effective.

Nakumura beat Randleman, I'm happy about the result but surpised, the only advantage Nakumura has above Randleman is subs and that hes improving. Randleman has better stand up, stronger, better takedowns, and more experience. Kevin has been impressive at times and then a total retard at other times. Did you guys know that one UFC fight he had was cancelled because he tripped back stage and fell on a pipe....
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Porsche 997 C2S / Toyota Tundra

Default Re: Pride Gp

Finally had time to watch last night.

Originally posted by gatorade
    Did any of you guys watch the Pride Gp?

Yoshida is the man, that fight could have gone either way.
    Agreed, he is a warrior -- I had no idea who won.

Shogun fucked Rampage up, rampage had broken ribs, and Shogun beat the crap out of Rampage in the clinch. To top it off, Shogun is considered an up and comer and before this fight, wouldn't even be rated in the top 5 in Pride, Rampage beat the #1 in the UFC, what does this say about the UFC?.
    Shogun is relentless -- I could see him sweeping this tournament. Quinton was not himself -- most of the competitors seemed extremely cautious, too cautious.

Ive watched this fight over 10 times now, and even in slow motion a few times. A hard knee strike to the ribs landed on Rampage at about 1 min and 13 seconds into the fight. Immediately after it landed, you can see Rampage clutch his left side. (His liver sure is lucky that Rua didn't throw a left knee)

The bottom line is that Shogun was very aggressive from the start and he was landing lots of hard strikes, punches, kicks and knees, to the legs, body and head. It was just a matter of time before one of them really hurt Rampage.

Sakuraba got a easy road the second round, fight was stopped early, but sakuraba deserves it, after pride sending him to get brain damage against silva and cro cop, he needs an easy fight.
    Sakuraba the legend, nuff said -- well deserving.

Alstair a "kickboxer" subbed a experienced bjj black belt in Vitor Belfort, Alstair isn't even rated in the top 5 in Pride either, Vitor was #1 contender and former UFC champion....
    Vitor has lost the explosiveness of the old days -- and really, his bjj has never been his advantage. His explosive flurries and heavy hands are what have given him his reputation -- that is now gone.

Overeem on the other hand is a 20-5-0 fighter in pride, with his only recent losses to liddell (he almost had chuck too) and Nog -- my money was on him for this fight.

Igor beat Kondo, no surpise here
    No surprise, although Igor's GnP didn't seem that effective in this bout. That said, I would love to see him and wandy go toe to toe.

A war between arona and lister, Arona is so fucking boring but I think he has a chance of taking the whole gp, his fucking boring style of take the over guy down and lie on them is very effective.
    Agreed, boring but effective.

Nakumura beat Randleman, I'm happy about the result but surpised, the only advantage Nakumura has above Randleman is subs and that hes improving. Randleman has better stand up, stronger, better takedowns, and more experience. Kevin has been impressive at times and then a total retard at other times. Did you guys know that one UFC fight he had was cancelled because he tripped back stage and fell on a pipe....
    Very happy, I have never been a randleman fan, not a fan of any of the hammer house guys to be honest -- wrestlers that pound bores me.

Like I said before, most of them seemed over-cautious and not themselves -- psyched to see round 2.
    Last edited by awd; 04-27-2005 at 01:58 PM.