Quantcast
Streetbikers: The new ricers in town - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Streetbikers: The new ricers in town

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Default Streetbikers: The new ricers in town

I've always hated streebikes, I think they are the most useless, and retarded machines ever made. Granted I do have many good friends who ride them so I'm not here to bash them or their choice in vehicles at all. What bothers me is that lately whenever I encounter a guy/girl on a streebike they are pulling 4-5 gears through traffic which means they are usually tripling the speed limit. They're doing gay shit at stop lights like endos and burnouts or they're parking their bikes on sidewalks wherever they please because they actually think people are impressed that they spent $12K on their stupid piece of shit. It just amazes me how reckless and stupid so many streebikers out there are. Just because you get to wear a helmet on the street and dress like a dumbass in flashy leathers doesn't mean you're Schumacher so slow the hell down if you're one of those fags.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Default Re: Streetbikers: The new ricers in town

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    I've always hated streebikes, I think they are the most useless, and retarded machines ever made. Granted I do have many good friends who ride them so I'm not here to bash them or their choice in vehicles at all. What bothers me is that lately whenever I encounter a guy/girl on a streebike they are pulling 4-5 gears through traffic which means they are usually tripling the speed limit. They're doing gay shit at stop lights like endos and burnouts or they're parking their bikes on sidewalks wherever they please because they actually think people are impressed that they spent $12K on their stupid piece of shit. It just amazes me how reckless and stupid so many streebikers out there are. Just because you get to wear a helmet on the street and dress like a dumbass in flashy leathers doesn't mean you're Schumacher so slow the hell down if you're one of those fags.
    not bashing huh?

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Default Re: Re: Streetbikers: The new ricers in town

Originally posted by SikAssR1

not bashing huh?
    I wouldnt have posted if this was my first encounter, nor would I if it was my second or third but ever since it's been warm, about every second day I see dumbass on a street bike doing something stupid on the streets. Hell even sitting at my place the other day I heard a bike go through 4 gears...you obviously know how fast he must have been going.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

I completely agree. Every other day Ill see 2 or 3 bikers riding. I think to myself, thats cool they're following the speedlimit. Then all of a sudden one of them does a wheelie and they all speed off...

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

i'm going to have to agree here, there are a lot of cool sport bike guys, but there are also a LOT of dumbasses.

enough bs about "i'm faster then traffic, so i should be ahead of them" because when you are weaving THROUGH traffic you will still cause an accident. I fully understand that it is tough to be a bike in traffic, you are smaller, harder to see, and calgary drivers suck, but that doesn't give you a free pass to cut between cars, ride on the shoulders, stunt, or go 3 times the posted speed limit on public streets.

shit, i think a majority of problems would be solved if you just didn't allow bike licenses to anyone under 25
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

I'm gonna have to agree.
    I think pretty much everytime I've seen a streetbike, they are usually doing like 3x the limit and trying to get ahead of "the pack" of cars they were stuck at the stoplight with. I guess speed limits are only for cars now.

My Ride
    Merc komp.

My Ride
    Charger R/T

Originally posted by buh_buh
    I'm gonna have to agree.
    I think pretty much everytime I've seen a streetbike, they are usually doing like 3x the limit. I guess speed limits are only for cars now.

I would never have enough restraint to ride one responsibly, and sadly most of the dicks on these bikes don't either.

My Ride
    1988 Accord, 1990 4Runner SR5

I totally agree... Just the other night, saturday night, driving southbound on Macleod trail at like 11pm two sport bikes rip ahead through traffic, at least doubling the speed limit, and then to endo's when stopping at the red lights.

And this isnt the only occasion i see this kind of crap happening, I take blackfoot to get to work almost every day, and last week, saw a pack of about 8 bikes doing wheelies and crap down blackfoot, easily doubling the speedlimit.

By "Streetbike", I assume you mean 'sportbike' or 'repli-racer' or something like that.

using 'Streetbike' to represent all road-oriented bikes is a bit like saying how much you hate 'coupes' when you mean riced out Hondas. A 12 hp CB125 is a streetbike as much as a Yamaha R1 with 170 hp.

While I do not dispute the fact that there a number of irresponsible riders out there, they tend to be people who pick up a bike out of their skill league, ride it for a short period of time and quit after crashing a bunch. These people are often referred to as 'squids' and are generally looked down upon by most riders.

The vast majority of sportbike riders are pretty responsible about their machines and how they ride them. You are probably less likely to notice them though. I myself have riden sportbikes (as well as adventure-tourers, dual purpose and classics) for 18 years and have yet to crash (touch wood). I also taught riding for several years and am passionate about riding despite those who create a bad name for riders.

I am curious though what you find retarded and useless about them other than the fact that some people drive them foolishly. Most modern sportbikes develop 150+ hp from under 1000cc, still idle smoothly, get 40+ mpg, require very little maintenance and cost less than the cheapest of new cars. Taken to the track, they can turn 9-11 second quarters all day and with no modification then turn hot laps on a road course. Some of them can even carry two in reasonable comfort. In many ways, they are a perfect fair-weather sporting machine.

Schumacher, incidentally, drives a car. If you wish to invoke a racing name in a perjorative fashion against riders, a quick trip down google lane will likely provide you with some relevant names.
    Originally posted by 01RedDX

Eye for an eye should apply to both, like if you raped a cat, you would get raped by a bigger cat. Counselling doesn't work on animal rapists you clown.

Even though I agree with what you're venting about, you're aiming directly at all riders with some of your comments such as buying a bike or wearing a helmet and leathers (oh and by the way, Schumacher's leathers, who drives an F1 car, and a motorcycle racer's leathers such as Valentino Rossi's are totally different, but the point is if you're gonna make that kind of comment at least get the reference right, cuz i don't think a bike rider would feel like an f1 driver). There are a few asses out there who do stupid shit but you should address your comments drirectly at them.

it'd just be like a biker venting (which isn't even venting anymore it's bitching) about ricers who drive cars but saying, "just cuz you can just lean back in your driverseat and jackoff at a stoplight instead of having to hold a bike up doesn't mean you should rev your engine and do burnouts when the light turns green. or just cuz you have an intake, header, and exhaust installed, doesn't make you fast." Now do all cars rev their engines and do burnouts at lights? Do all cars with mods speed all the time? No. So I'm just sayin ease to what type of riders your directing your comments to, and if you're not bashing your friends for how they ride they MUST ride responsibly thus proving that not every rider is immature. and if your friends are one of the stupid ones, why not bitch at them and try to make a difference by gettin them to straighten up?
    Mercs

hey i didn't even notice, mine and BlueGoblin's posts are similar...except he used bigger words such as "perjorative" and if they're not bigger words, how sad for me then hehe
    Mercs

As of the last ten years, I have yet to see one "Sportbike" simply driving the speed limit, for an extended period.
    Last edited by ixlr8; 04-25-2005 at 07:35 AM.

Originally posted by ixlr8
    As of the last ten years, I have yet to see one "Sportbike" simply driving the speed limit, for an extended period.

Squids give sport bikers a bad name
    Ricers give import enthusiast a bad name.

Same shit different pile

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Default Re: Streetbikers: The new ricers in town

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    I have many buddies who have bikes and I respect them for that. But the truth be told that most guy's who buy these bikes are 17, 18, 19, 20 and want to show everyone that thier bike is faster then our cars and try to show off. What happened to that biker on friday I belive? he was stunting and slide in a taxi and passed away later that day? try going down the deerfoot extension to okotoks. (now I know everyone speeds on that and I am guilty of it too) but when I am going 150 and getting passed by someone nearly doubling my speed in a group of 4 riders then its fucking stupid.

My Ride
    2002 Lexus GS430

the pass few weeks, i;ve seen maybe 2-3 bikes ride the speed limit, but the rest of them were just assholes...

we all know not all of you ride like assholes, just the majority, so if u ride nice, feel special, cause your a few outta the many that has a brain
    Oliver

My Ride
    4Runner Trail Edition

I back up RedLynes bashing.

http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybea...195159_27186_0

http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybea...161003_25108_0

I seen this on the news.
    It doesnt say what happened but he was doing a wheelie in a RESIDENTIAL area and then lost control into a car.

How is this any different than the "fags" in their imports and domestics acting like complete numskulls?

Not that there aren't idiots on bikes(because there sure as hell are.) There are more morons on four wheels. It's just easy to bash a given group of people(be it ricers or sportbikers.)

My Ride
    E90 335i

Originally posted by Kaos
    I back up RedLynes bashing.

http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybea...195159_27186_0

http://www.gov.calgary.ab.ca/citybea...161003_25108_0

I seen this on the news.
    It doesnt say what happened but he was doing a wheelie in a RESIDENTIAL area and then lost control into a car.
    Check out my encounter last week.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...threadid=84217

Bol, I think (with no statistical info to confirm) that the proportion of guys who own sportbikes and drive recklessly is by far higher than regular ricers. There are more idiots in cars, but the ratio of idiots on bikes is higher. Just my observations. I actually am shocked when I see a guy on a sportbike going the limit, I'm always waiting for the quarter mile wheelie at the next light or the 0-60 in 4 seconds.
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast