Quantcast
Whats DSM??? i bin tryin to figure out for weeks but... i cant! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Whats DSM??? i bin tryin to figure out for weeks but... i cant!

My Ride
    1995 Nissan 240SX

Default Whats DSM??? i bin tryin to figure out for weeks but... i cant!

well i figured this much its like mitsu 3000 gt or smth right?

max
    240 ka-t

Last edited by kaput; 03-12-2019 at 06:31 PM.

My Ride
    I dont Drive

all mitsubishi's prior (and including) 94.
    it was the DSM was the company that made there motors for them.

My Ride
    2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

It's branched out. True DSMs would be 90-94 Eclipse/Talon/Lasers but we also include 95-98 Talon, 95-99 Eclipse, as well as Stealths, 3000GTs, Galants (4G63 powered ones) and any Colt/Mirage with a 4G63 swap.

My Ride
    A l337 chair

DSM's are the ultimate j body. Yay lets praise some of the most unreliable cars ever produced.
    Last edited by mrmattyk; 01-09-2003 at 08:32 AM.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Basically, cars jointly built between Mitsubishi and Chrysler.

or Diamond Star motors as aforementioned.

My Ride
    a wrx.

hmm i tihnk it was 5.9r/t that schooled me on this before...but DSM refers to laser/talon/eclipse ONLY. altho other models were made under a partnership between mitsu and chrysler, they arent considered dsms cuz they werent included in the original deal...

so NO, a 3000gt is NOT a dsm.

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

There's been a HUGE debate over that all over the net. Really depends who you ask IMO.

This topic sure comes up a lot....

My Ride
    I dont Drive

the your mitsu/eagle doest have a motor produced my Dimond star motors, its not a DSM, very simple.

by saying 3000 gts and stuff are DSMs, is the same as saying my civic sir is a type r. but hey, i guess the motor doest really matter now does it, everythings a DSM!!

Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
    hmm i tihnk it was 5.9r/t that schooled me on this before...but DSM refers to laser/talon/eclipse ONLY. altho other models were made under a partnership between mitsu and chrysler, they arent considered dsms cuz they werent included in the original deal...

so NO, a 3000gt is NOT a dsm.
    True, DSM's are only T/E/L and Galants, because true DSM's were built only at the DSM factory up until 93 for the 94 MY. T/E's built after this time are not true DSM's but are generally accepted as such because of the 4G63. The current generation Eclipse is not a DSM. 3000GT's and Stealths are not DSM's since they do not carry the 4G63 and were never produced at the DSM plant. Your car is a true DSM if in the engine bay and on various other places of the car, including the hatch, contains the DSM sticker.

Edit:
    Other joint cars between mitsu and chryco include:
    stratus
    neon
    sebring
    avenger
    Last edited by 5.9 R/T; 01-08-2003 at 10:42 PM.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

True, DSM's are only T/E/L and Galants, because true DSM's were built only at the DSM factory up until 93 for the 94 MY. T/E's built after this time are not true DSM's but are generally accepted as such because of the 4G63. The current generation Eclipse is not a DSM. 3000GT's and Stealths are not DSM's since they do not carry the 4G63 and were never produced at the DSM plant. Your car is a true DSM if in the engine bay and on various other places of the car, including the hatch, contains the DSM sticker.

Edit:
    Other joint cars between mitsu and chryco include:
    stratus
    neon
    sebring
    avenger

i believe theres also parts of hte vin that specify the car as a dsm?

DSL = Dick Suckin' Lips

DSM = ?

j/k!

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

3000GT's and Stealths are not DSM's since they do not carry the 4G63 and were never produced at the DSM plant.
    True, they were actually made in Japan....and have a 6g72

Regardless, I still consider them "DSM's" and they are sometimes included in the group simply by association, enen though they are not "TRUE" DSM's......

One reason I probably include them is because I want no association with Dodge whatsoever....

.....At least this is what I keep telling the DSM club, who were kind enough to adopt me. Please don't let them catch on...

They are often grouped together as "Mitsubishi cross models"....give them whatever collective name you want, DSM or another.

Why the hell does this topic come up like every week.......search people...

Originally posted by memystealthandi

True, they were actually made in Japan....and have a 6g72

Regardless, I still consider them "DSM's" and they are sometimes included in the group simply by association, enen though they are not "TRUE" DSM's......

One reason I probably include them is because I want no association with Dodge whatsoever....

.....At least this is what I keep telling the DSM club, who were kind enough to adopt me. Please don't let them catch on...

They are often grouped together as "Mitsubishi cross models"....give them whatever collective name you want, DSM or another.

Why the hell does this topic come up like every week.......search people...
    It's quite simple really, DSM's were only produced between 89 and 93 at a DSM production plant. In 93 chryco and mitsu decided to break up the seperate entity that was DSM and ran the eclipse and talon on a shared platform like they did with the stealths and 3000GT's. Except for minor styling cues and other small items the cars were esentially all mitsu. The problem I find stems from misinformed or confused owners who tell people their car is a DSM when it really isn't. Once you get right down to it and read the facts, unless your car was produced between 89 and 93 and is a talon, eclipse, laser, or Galant it simply is not a DSM. After 93 DSM didn't even exsist! The only reason gen II talons and eclipse's can even be considered DSM's is because they continued with the same driveline components, and because under the skin they are esentially the same car they can be considered DSM's.

The most important thing to remember tho, is that DSM was a seperate company altogether, it exsisted between 89 and 93, produced only t/e/l and galants, and at the end of production for MY 94 the company was shut down and DSM no longer exsisted. Therefore 95 and up talons and eclipse's are not DSM's (in the strictest sense), nor are stealths, 3000GT's, neons, avengers, lancers, sebrings, or whatever other car that either carried a 4G63 or was part of engine/platform sharing between mitsu and chryco.

What IS a DSM and what is generally accepted as a DSM, however, are two completely different things.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

My Ride
    2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

I say if Buschur lets it run at his shootout, it's a DSM

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

What IS a DSM and what is generally accepted as a DSM, however, are two completely different things.
    Exactly, that's all I was trying to point out....

95TsiAWD

I say if Buschur lets it run at his shootout, it's a DSM
    Now WTF is up with your sig Blake.....your gonna have to explain that one, or does Dave just have a thing for Ferrets?

Hahahah bastards.... Blakes rodents were pretty loose.... They werent virgins...

My Ride
    A l337 chair

Yes DSM is a car company, but it's also a mechanic's early retirement plan.
    Last edited by mrmattyk; 01-09-2003 at 10:39 AM.

Nah... that would be BMWs...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast