Quantcast
Cops who abuse their power - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Cops who abuse their power

My Ride

Default Cops who abuse their power

Recently, I've noticed anytime I'm in a traffic jam, if there is a police car stuck in it, they will just turn their sirens on, get everyone out of their way and then turn the sirens off and continue on their patrol or whatever they are doing. I know sometimes its for a reason and needed, but this Friday while in traffic downtown, I saw a cop car flash the lights to get out of traffic. It was soo packed at this time (rush hour) that it was really hard for cars to move out of the way and traffic at this intersection was screwed up for a few series of lights because of it, as cars tried to get back into the proper lanes. What made me mad was when I pulled into the 4th Ave Mac's to get a drink ten minutes later and saw the same cop car parked there with both cops inside paying for coffee. They completly screwed up the 4th ave traffic flow during rush hour just so they wouldnt have to wait ten extra minutes for coffee.

A lot of times when I'm coming home late at night I also see cops clearly run red lights in non emergency situations just to avoid waiitng at lights. I know sometimes CPS has places they need to be and cant wait in traffic, but at the same time I dont think they should be this above the law. I was just wondering if anyone has noticed a lot more of this recently because I think its starting to get ridiculus how often I see this happening nowadays.

Sometimes, the cops have to be somewhere that may be a non-emergency (ie. car accident or break-in) and they can't afford to wait at a light but also don't need to get somewhere immediately.

My Ride
    5.0L Mustang Inches of Air-assisted lift: 10

I have been told, that if you see this happen and you want to do something about it, get the number off the car, time, date, and place, and you call in a complaint. Thats about all.. other than that if you want to have special powers become a cop.

My Ride

Yeah I didnt want to come off as bitching because the cops have more power, nor do I have some jealousy where I want to randomly run red lights at will. It just always bothered me when I saw cops do this, and when I saw on Friday where sometimes they are in a hurry to go somewhere completely irrevelent, it made me wonder how many of those times they run a red its actually to help someone and not just because they dont want to wait.

But yeah, even if you can make a complaint I doubt anything would ever actually happen. Think about it, your calling ithe Police to file a complaint against the Police.

My Ride
    5.0L Mustang Inches of Air-assisted lift: 10

Originally posted by Khali

But yeah, even if you can make a complaint I doubt anything would ever actually happen. Think about it, your calling ithe Police to file a complaint against the Police.
    This is true, but I see it as the only solution if you want to do anything.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

it's easy to pass judgement when you are observing something without hearing whats on the rover, from a 3rd party position. As mentioned above most cases it is because it's a non emergency thing where they dont have to drive warp 8 with the sirens and lights on to screw up all the other drivers. Also, I know that often they will hold little shift meetings and whatnot at restaurants/coffee shops in regards to current events.

So yes, a lot of times it looks like abuse of power, but 9 times out of 10 it's not.
    Travel

My Ride
    tu madre

to become a cop u got to work your ass off 100% every little thing counts but then when they become one they abuse it. thats just my opinion

My Ride
    FD3S

Maybe the cops cant be in places where the traffic is restricting their abilities to patrol an area. They could have been taught to stay out of areas that prevent them from being able to move freely in case something does happen so they can get there faster. But yeah I agree I have seen this plenty of times, and its kind of a piss off.

Sex should be like a Civic; slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear.

My Ride
    Hemi, ZX6R

i've said it numerous times before, but here we go again.

I've been on several ride alongs, and members such as Ben can confirm that i'm not talking out of my ass.

Anyways, we have had lots of situation where we get a lights + sirens call, get going, and about 30 seconds later get called off of it because another unit is there and doesnt need backup, or re dispatched to a non lights + sirens call. As well i've had calls where we need to get there, but not in such a hurry. We were going well over pink ticket speeds on hwy 1 to a call when i was with the rcmp, without lights + sirens, its a day to day thing.

With cps, we had exact same senario several times, where we'd be stuck in traffic, and have to get to a call, and go lights jut to get threw lights, and turn them off, however were still heading to the call without the lights on. Just cause there not on, doesnt mean your not heading somewhere important.

And note, when CPS turn on there lights, its monitored, so if u complain, and there not heading to say a call, or a traffic violation, they can look up exactly what they were doing, if its bothering you that much.

My Ride
    00 328ci/04 m3 (frankenstein)

I can understand that a lot of times it's because of a reason we simply don't know being in our cars. As mentioned before about getting called out but then another unit being closer. But me personally I've seen it way too many times where I know its just an abuse of power, like the cop that lives in my neighborhood literally down the street from my friend, who one night decided to pull a nice 180 km/h run down mcknight. We recognized the #'s on the truck and knew it was the guy down the street from my buddy. So when we got to his street we see the truck parked there and the cop having a beer in his driveway and chatting with the neighbor. F'ing emergency indeed.... And this wasn't the first time.
    "Excuse me, is your refrigerator running? Because if it is, it probably runs like you... very homosexually."

My Ride
    Civic

One thing that really gets under my skin is late at night, when its a red light, they jsut flip the lights on and go threw then shut them off. That is jsut a asshole thing to do i htink, it really bothers me that they abuse their power.
    C-23-H

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

You guys are whiners, simple as that....You have NO idea whats going on....We do it too every now and then, because even though we don't have to go lights and sirens to a call, we still have time guidlines (strict ones at that) to meet, and as everyone here knows, driving around this city is not a very swift thing.....Who knows how many cars are in the area?? Who knows if they need to use "stealth approach" and not go screaming to a call......hows about you all just shut up and keep to yourselves!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride

The whole purpose of this thread wasnt to bash the CPS, the majority of them are hard working individuals who put their life on the line daily so we can be/feel safer. What I was talking about was the few cops who once in a while make it pretty obvious that they just dont want to wait in traffic. Like the two ones who got coffee. They were both in the car together and both left to get coffee together. Im not saying they dont deserve a break, but if they needed to have a "meeting" to discuss current events they could have easily done it in traffic. Just because u've gone on a few ride alongs or because ur a EMT doesnt mean you know how the entire CPS acts. I know this for a fact because I have a friend who is in the CPS and he told me straight up that he knows of a few on the force that abuse their power daily just because they know nothing is going to be done about it.

My Ride
    00 328ci/04 m3 (frankenstein)

^ well said, and I totally agree there are the odd times where its justified and fine we don't know what's going on then, but it was also mentioned when we clearly know they're just abusing power, which is ridiculous. For example the fool who lives down the street from my friend ripping down mcknight at easily 160-180(read my post).
    "Excuse me, is your refrigerator running? Because if it is, it probably runs like you... very homosexually."

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Originally posted by Khali
    The whole purpose of this thread wasnt to bash the CPS, the majority of them are hard working individuals who put their life on the line daily so we can be/feel safer. What I was talking about was the few cops who once in a while make it pretty obvious that they just dont want to wait in traffic. Like the two ones who got coffee. They were both in the car together and both left to get coffee together. Im not saying they dont deserve a break, but if they needed to have a "meeting" to discuss current events they could have easily done it in traffic. Just because u've gone on a few ride alongs or because ur a EMT doesnt mean you know how the entire CPS acts. I know this for a fact because I have a friend who is in the CPS and he told me straight up that he knows of a few on the force that abuse their power daily just because they know nothing is going to be done about it.
    Yeah, you're right, I don't know how CPS acts.....Maybe I should ask 50 of them here with me in the station right now?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    3 of Germany's finest

Well Khali, I dont know that you could start a thread like titled: "Cops who Abuse their Power" without it appearing as a bash on police.

Look at them from an "Im at work" perspective; How many times to you fuck up at work in an average week? How many times do you take the easier way around things...

Most people here should quit bitching.

I personally dont care if they do this for whatever reason... simply because I would if I could.

My Ride
    tu madre

^^^ are you a cop? just kidding

My Ride
    (s13 p.o.s 3years +) 97 pathfinder

who cares, as long as they leave me alone.

My Ride
    3 of Germany's finest

Originally posted by menace3
    ^^^ are you a cop? just kidding
    No, the CPS expects a certain level of acceptable behaviour for all applicants, I do not meet those requirements.

Last edited by kaput; 03-13-2019 at 05:36 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast