Quantcast
What can/should I do? (first bs experience) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: What can/should I do? (first bs experience)

Default What can/should I do? (first bs experience)

I purchased an intake from a local shop and I've waited over a month for it now. I was told it would take a week. I called 3 weeks after I purchased it to see the status on my order and never got a response as the salesperson was never there and when I left a voicemail I never got a call back. After another week of waiting I dropped by and I waited 15 minutes till someone showed up at the front. In the end I was told it was on backorder. It's absolutely ridiculous I think. Can I get a refund since its prepaid or will they not let me since its been over a month and make me wait longer? What should I do? This is the first time I purchased anything for my ride and its just been horrible.

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

Hey man

Sorry to hear about your luck... a buddy of mine purchased a body kit for his car and it took him almost 3 months to get it, as well as a turbo timer (3 months) from one of the local stores in calgary, and he kept getting the same response. id say go in and ask for your money back, and take your money elsewhere

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

Are you talking about Speedtech?

My Ride
    Honda

That's a retarded amount of hassle for a simple intake.

"We'll have it in a week or two"
    classic shop line

ps : Buy online if you're shopping for brand new parts.

My Ride
    S250T, 435ZHS

name the shop so others are aware of what happened

My Ride
    335i

Never pay in advance. If it's not in stock, there's no advantages to ordering locally (other than warranty, but who needs that on intakes).

You could have ordered it online for cheaper and it would have arrived in a week.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    06 PWP TSX

yea, intakes comes in fast when you order them online.

My Ride
    purple people eater

Default Re: What can/should I do? (first bs experience)

Originally posted by sl888
    I purchased an intake from a local shop and I've waited over a month for it now. I was told it would take a week. I called 3 weeks after I purchased it to see the status on my order and never got a response as the salesperson was never there and when I left a voicemail I never got a call back. After another week of waiting I dropped by and I waited 15 minutes till someone showed up at the front. In the end I was told it was on backorder. It's absolutely ridiculous I think. Can I get a refund since its prepaid or will they not let me since its been over a month and make me wait longer? What should I do? This is the first time I purchased anything for my ride and its just been horrible.
    you talkin about contemporary? I ordered something from there four weeks ago and still no sign of it

Yeah its contemporary
    I got it the day of their spring sale or whatever
    I was gonna go with speedtech but contemporary gave me a better price

My Ride
    purple people eater

yeah I got my stuff there that same day.. its only black spray tint for my taillights, $15, but its a pain in the ass to not have it

i ordered a intake from speedtech and it only took like a week to come in, i was impressed

Wow a month for just a can of tint spray? Now that's fcuked!
    Oh well never again.

My Ride
    acura integra

Thats not right man, its always a bad thing to pay in advance because if something happens like this its really hard to get your money back. I delt with contemporary before and they were fine with me but I've never ordered tint spray so I don't know. Hopefully you get that fixed out for you Good luck.

What intake was it? I ordered an AEM V2 for my Type S 1 month ago during their April 9th sale. You had to put money down if you wanted the good price.

I still haven’t got my intake. The reason they said is that it was on back order from AEM and that AEM wont ship just 1 item. They wait until the palette is big enough to make it worth it. So i'm still waiting but they said it should be here this week. That's fine with me considering the good price. If i paid MSRP i would be much more upset.

My Ride
    2019 RS3, Corolla winter beater

Same thing happened to me last year when I ordered an Apexi intake from them during their annual sale. It took several months to finally get it. However the deal was excellent, they kept me updated of the situation and even offered a refund if I so desired. All in all even though it took longer than expected I got a good deal and was fully aware of the situation, not to mention the refund option. I decided to wait and everything worked out in the end.

I got an AEM V2 as well. I never got updated on my situation and when I went in they said it would be here in the next few days which was last weekend. I was never told about the refund option as well. BIG

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Thats what I hate about local shops when ordering some items. Having to wait for full orders before whatever you want comes in
    It does save you money ( so they say) but its a huge pain in the ass.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    Acura TL 6MT SH-AWD

The FAIR TRADE ACT states that any product paid for and not received in 1 month must be refunded at the purchaser's request.

Grab a copy, highlight the section. Stick to your guns. They have to give you 100% refund, not in store credit etc. unless you want that.

http://www.qp.gov.ab.ca/Documents/acts/F02.CFM