Quantcast
LOTR TT fuckups - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: LOTR TT fuckups

Default LOTR TT fuckups

I thought of the movie again and it made me think of all the wrong scenes and made up stuff thats in it, thought i'd let all of you who have seen it but havent read the book know whats wrong and right and those who have read it maybe missed some stuff or spotted ones i didnt
    (DONT READ PAST HERE IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE YET)

1) Faramir never takes the hobbits to Osgliath he just lets them go in the hideout.

2)Eowyne never leads the women and children to Helm's Deep, in the book the are only fighters in helm's deep not only that but in the 3rd book, return of the king, aragorn describes the battle of helm's deep to Eowyne thus, she wasnt there!

3)The Wargs attack never happens and the part where Aragorn is attacked and falls down the river never happens either

4)In the battle for Helm's Deep THERE WERE NO ELVES!!! what's even more preposterous is that the way the movie makes it look like Elrond sends the Elves to asist in the battle when in fact the leader of the Elves that come to asist (forgot his name) is from Lothlorien, which has nothing to do with Elrond, they are under the command of Galadriel.

5)Infront of the black gate, Samwise does'nt fall down, never happened.

6)One of the most ridiculous scenes in the movie is when gandalf "banishes" Saruman from Theoden.
    In the book its completely different, they step in and talk to Theoden (guards dont attack them), Wormtongue's (Grima) words are what "poison" Theoden's mind, he has been whispering in his ears for so long he only listens to him. Anyways, Gandalf starts talking to Theoden, the only reference to "magic" in the book is that Gandalf's words sound enchanting, as if he's enchanting Theoden. Anyways, once he's done theoden stands up, straighting his arched back, the way they do it in the movie like some magic spell makes him younger pissed me off.

7)wtf were those mines they used to blow up the wall at helm's deep, that was dumb

8)when the Rohirim attack the band of Uruk Hai its NOT by surprise, they circle around them, the Uruk Hai are very much aware of their presence.

9)when Merry and Pippin meet treebeard its after theyve wandered Fangorn for a day or two, not right after the battle, and Treebeard never crushes that troll.

10)the one we all know, the gayass love story between Arwyn and Aragorn, GET OVER IT, SHE'S BARELY MENTIONED ONCE IN THE BOOK.

well.. thats all i can think of right now, new stuff keeps popping into my head :P

maybe you spotted something i missed

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Ya, I noticed a couple of thoes things too, but it doesn't effect the story much.
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Default Re: LOTR TT fuckups

Originally posted by aZnBlooD
    I thought of the movie again and it made me think of all the wrong scenes and made up stuff thats in it, thought i'd let all of you who have seen it but havent read the book know whats wrong and right and those who have read it maybe missed some stuff or spotted ones i didnt
    (DONT READ PAST HERE IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE YET)

1) Faramir never takes the hobbits to Osgliath he just lets them go in the hideout.

2)Eowyne never leads the women and children to Helm's Deep, in the book the are only fighters in helm's deep not only that but in the 3rd book, return of the king, aragorn describes the battle of helm's deep to Eowyne thus, she wasnt there!

3)The Wargs attack never happens and the part where Aragorn is attacked and falls down the river never happens either

4)In the battle for Helm's Deep THERE WERE NO ELVES!!! what's even more preposterous is that the way the movie makes it look like Elrond sends the Elves to asist in the battle when in fact the leader of the Elves that come to asist (forgot his name) is from Lothlorien, which has nothing to do with Elrond, they are under the command of Galadriel.

5)Infront of the black gate, Samwise does'nt fall down, never happened.

6)One of the most ridiculous scenes in the movie is when gandalf "banishes" Saruman from Theoden.
    In the book its completely different, they step in and talk to Theoden (guards dont attack them), Wormtongue's (Grima) words are what "poison" Theoden's mind, he has been whispering in his ears for so long he only listens to him. Anyways, Gandalf starts talking to Theoden, the only reference to "magic" in the book is that Gandalf's words sound enchanting, as if he's enchanting Theoden. Anyways, once he's done theoden stands up, straighting his arched back, the way they do it in the movie like some magic spell makes him younger pissed me off.

7)wtf were those mines they used to blow up the wall at helm's deep, that was dumb

8)when the Rohirim attack the band of Uruk Hai its NOT by surprise, they circle around them, the Uruk Hai are very much aware of their presence.

9)when Merry and Pippin meet treebeard its after theyve wandered Fangorn for a day or two, not right after the battle, and Treebeard never crushes that troll.

10)the one we all know, the gayass love story between Arwyn and Aragorn, GET OVER IT, SHE'S BARELY MENTIONED ONCE IN THE BOOK.

well.. thats all i can think of right now, new stuff keeps popping into my head :P

Can we Say Hardcore, next thing you know youll be pulling out continuity errors

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Its a Movie...if a movie is ever Based on a Book, they almost ALWAYS add stuff in, here anf there.
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

Originally posted by James
    Its a Movie...if a movie is ever Based on a Book, they almost ALWAYS add stuff in, here anf there.
    But considering how (reliatively) close they stuck to the book in FOTR, Two Towers did an absolute hatchet job on its particular book.
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride
    a wrx.

tim i dont think your mother approves of the way u use the word "fuck"

My Ride
    AI Servo

Uh, you also forgot that in the book, Isengard was flooded by the Ents, trapping Sarumen in the tower. Of course this was accompanied by Gandalf's visit to Saruman and him taking Saruman's magic staff.

tim i dont think your mother approves of the way u use the word "fuck"
    ok jeff, thanks for letting me know...
    i dont think any mother approves of the way their son(s) swears...if they swear

Fuji is offline Track Events Co-ordinator
    My Ride
    cars

aZnBlooD reminds me of Comic Book guy off of the Simpsons.

My Ride
    '15 GTI

my parents havent cared that i swore in the house since i been like 13-14...

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Originally posted by three.eighteen.
    my parents havent cared that i swore in the house since i been like 13-14...
    ...i swear alot in normal conversation though, so i think my mom is just use to it now, and could care less.
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

Originally posted by aZnBlooD

Yes, Eowyn was left behind to guard the house, but there were women and children in the caves of Helms Deep, but they were there before the arrival of Theoden and company.

You seem correct about the other stuff, although Gandalf did use some magic (lightning effects) with his staff when he was trying to convince Theoden to look outside at his lands and do something about it.

There were TONS of differences between the book and the movie.
    I got some....

A. When Gandalf the White appears in Fangorn forest, and the three attack him, Gimli does not throw his axe, it just falls from his hands. Legolas was the only one able to get a shot off.

B. Eomer is not exiled and does not return with Gandalf and the cavalry to save the day, instead he goes with Theoden's party to Helms deep and fights alongside Aragorn.

C. There was no mounted horsemen that arrive to save the day at Helms Deep(other than Gandalf on Shadowfax). It's Erkenbrand and a thousand soldiers on foot.

D. Theoden was initially supposed to travel toward Isengard until some person (???) comes back and reports they got stomped, then Gandalf suggests they go to Helms Deep.

E. The siege at Helms Deep was supposed to have 'Wildmen' attacking too (humans).

F. They downplayed/ignored the intent of Saruman to capture the ring and betray Sauron.

G. The 'two towers' are supposed to be Orthanc and Cirith Ungol, not as Gandalf says 'There is an alliance bewteen the two towers, Orthanc and Baradur', but that can be excusable since they shifted Shelob to the third movie.

Overall, I still think it was a VERY good movie and it was 'close enough'.

PS. Anyone who calls me a dork, will receive a LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT! from me.
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

My Ride
    EP3

Originally posted by mwmhong

PS. Anyone who calls me a dork, will receive a LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT! from me.
    Where the heck did you get that?? I remember last summer I was at Pearce Estates Park and there were a bunch of people having a swordfight exactly in the same way...

The thing I was most disappointed with is how they didn't portray the ents well. They aren't bitches, they decide to go to war quickly. They didn't make treebeard near as great or wise as he was in the book.

I was upset at how they made Faramir such an ass, he's not like that at all in the book.

the one we all know, the gayass love story between Arwyn and Aragorn, GET OVER IT, SHE'S BARELY MENTIONED ONCE IN THE BOOK
    The scene with Arwyn is in the preface of the book. I agree though, they added way too much of the "love story" aspect into the movie, probably just to appeal to more of an audience.

It was a good movie though, I wish it would've followed the storyline closer, like in fellowship, but it was still very entertaining
    "Its because they're stupid, that's why. That's why everyone does everything."

Originally posted by Fuji
    aZnBlooD reminds me of Comic Book guy off of the Simpsons.
    LOL....im not as fat though..