Quantcast
alright guys i really need a hand here... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: alright guys i really need a hand here...

My Ride
    a nice pair of and1's

Default alright guys i really need a hand here...

i was wondering if anyone's gotten a ticket for not having registration. if you have do you know how much the ticket is? i've been told it's $2500 or something insane like that. anyone with experience fighting this sort of thing? and if you have did you get off? thanks any help is greatly appreciated.

My Ride
    06 RX8 SE

never actualyl got one.. but was pulled over once cuz the snow were playing part of the plate.. and i failed to provide the most up-to-date registration...i remember her saying something like it would've been a $$$$ ticket ( cant remember how much, its like 2 years ago. but pretty damn sure its 4 digits) but she let me go.

My Ride
    Civic

Default Re: alright guys i really need a hand here...

Originally posted by crxboi
    i was wondering if anyone's gotten a ticket for not having registration. if you have do you know how much the ticket is? i've been told it's $2500 or something insane like that. anyone with experience fighting this sort of thing? and if you have did you get off? thanks any help is greatly appreciated.
    $2500 is true, I don't remember if that's what it is exactly but it's very, very close to that.

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

you are given a certain time period to Produce sufficient proof that you ahve a valid regestration certificate, if with in that time you do not produce anything you are Fined an addittiional $2500 on top of your orginal fine of not being able to preduce the requested documentation

The $2500 is a minimum fine for having no insurance, I believe.

Not sure what the fine is for no registration, but it's not as steep.

My Ride
    335i

Man you guys are so wrong,

$2500 for not having insurance, but i've also heard that its been raised to $3500 - no real proof yet, but either way, its damn expensive.

Driving an unregistered vehicle is $57. I just got one a few weeks ago. They also have the option of towing your vehicle and impounding it until you register it
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    Man you guys are so wrong,

$2500 for not having insurance, but i've also heard that its been raised to $3500 - no real proof yet, but either way, its damn expensive.

Driving an unregistered vehicle is $57. I just got one a few weeks ago. They also have the option of towing your vehicle and impounding it until you register it

2500-10000 (2500 generally for first timers) for uninsured vehicle, if you dont pay its 30 days in the "pound you in the ass" prison and driving an unregistered vehicle is a hell of alot more than 57 bucks...it is just as bad as driving without insurance. If you dont have your papers, but the cop believes it is registered (simple plate check) then its only 57 bucks. It is illegal to drive an unregistered vehicle on the roads, would the Cop let you drive off if it wasn't registered? think about it.
    Travel

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by Benny

driving an unregistered vehicle is a hell of alot more than 57 bucks...it is just as bad as driving without insurance. If you dont have your papers, but the cop believes it is registered (simple plate check) then its only 57 bucks. It is illegal to drive an unregistered vehicle on the roads, would the Cop let you drive off if it wasn't registered? think about it.
    It's $57 for having an unregistered vehicle. I'm telling you I have a ticket that I have not yet paid for that exact charge, and you're saying it's more? I did not have registration, no sticker, nothing but an expired plate = no registration = $57.

Having no insurance is the problem. If a cop sees that you are paying thousands a year in insurance, do you think he's going to give you another thousand dollar ticket for not paying a $53 dollar registration fee? Think about it.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

yes i think he will give you a ticket because he can, and that is why u pay the 50 dollers to register it, so u don't get the thousands of dollars of fines