Quantcast
Rebuilt Engine for B18C1 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Rebuilt Engine for B18C1

My Ride
    '97 Acura Integra GS-R

Question Rebuilt Engine for B18C1

My crank recently went and I need a new shortblock for my GSR. The person before me obviously abused this car. Im thinking a new engine would solve this problem agreed? I was looking at rebuilt engines rather than buying a used one and risking the chance of the same thing happening. I was looking at www.orientengine.com they seemed to have a respected business and its longblock rebuilt. All the accessories from the old engine would be put on the new one. Would this work and still solve the problem of the prior owner abusing the car although he only had it for about 5/6000 miles. My parents want me to sell it and buy a new car but it has quite a few mods that are new and I dont want to lose money. Id rather just put a new engine in it since GSR's are the shit and I dont want a different car. Basically I'm asking for advice on where to purchase a rebuilt engine at a good price and any other help support/advice. Thanks

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Well my choice would be simple. Build a B20 bottom end and mate it to the GSR head. Or sell me the car as is

G/L.

EDIT: another solution is to buy a GSR longblock from www.jdmsource.com and swap the accessories and you would also have 10 more HP

Further Edit. I didnt realize you lived in the states. SO JDMsource is probably not your best choice
    Last edited by Darkane; 05-13-2005 at 01:27 PM.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

how does a crank go
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    AE86, GSXR 750

/\ thats were he lost me.......... if it was abused and is a 97 it should have been smoking blue........ did it make noises before it "blew up" like a clunk?bang?grind? did you check ure oil after the engine blew to make sure there was oil in it?

My Ride
    XT6

If you are interested IM me and I can probably get one for you.

My Ride
    '97 Acura Integra GS-R

My crank pulley broke off. The bolt inside the crank broke. Need a new crank therefore a new shortblock but like i said the engine was abused and yeah it did begin to smoke blue in vtec. I just want a rebuilt longblock and ill transfer the accessories. Any other advice would be appreciated though.

P.S. oil was fine.
    Last edited by Hondatuning11; 05-14-2005 at 01:14 PM.