Quantcast
Electrical Apprentices Needed Now! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Electrical Apprentices Needed Now!

My Ride
    the girls crazy

Thumbs up Electrical Apprentices Needed $13/hr start

I work for maximum electric systems, been there 5 years, its a solid job. If you're looking to start a trade and are honestly a good worker, not drinking every night, and willing to put in some effort call Mike @ Maximum electric or send a faxed resume to 403 273-5044. We're a small company with an assload of work, good opportunity, fair boss, good pay. For a first year(newbie) starts at $13.00 an hour plus 9.6% vac pay. Mostly residential work with light commercial, apartment buildings hotels etc. Apply now as we are hiring. P.S. the boss loves a straight forward approach, if you make the effort to meet him in person you'll pretty much be guaranteed a job, as long as you hold your own. WE ARE HIRING MORE THAN JUST FIRST YEAR APPRENTICES, 2ND,3RD,AND 4TH ALSO.
    Last edited by dinglenuts; 05-26-2005 at 04:24 PM.
    100% VAGITARIAN!

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

Is it union?

No offence, but I'm not going to spend 8 weeks in a classroom at 55%(UIC) of $12.50 an hour just because its a non-union job and the boss is too cheap to fork out a training allowance.

Also, $12.50 is a rape wage. Unskilled labor gets more than that.

Originally posted by Tyler883
    Is it union?

No offence, but I'm not going to spend 8 weeks in a classroom at 55%(UIC) of $12.50 an hour just because its a non-union job and the boss is too cheap to fork out a training allowance.

Also, $12.50 is a rape wage. Unskilled labor gets more than that.
    A lot of first year non-union apprentices get paid that. Some less.

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

Originally posted by TrevorK

A lot of first year non-union apprentices get paid that. Some less.
    misery likes company

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

that's good pay, not the best but decent. i took less in my first year. as far as on skilled labour getting more than that ( i don't think so) but if they do it's a dead end job they need you t0o work for them.

12.50 is a fair price to start at

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

ok, I will correct myself...there's lots of dead end jobs that pay more than your "fair price"

I know that you are getting apprenticed, but does he kiss you before he tells you to bend over????

My Ride
    the girls crazy

wow, I was posting for a job opportunity, not to be assaulted. For your information a first year apprentice with no experience gets 12.50 because they are considered unskilled labour at the beginning. This is also the minimum in calgary, lighter type working rate. If you think the entry position in the trade is worth more, go to fort mac, live in a trailer with a bunch of men, and I'm sure you'll be happy. Anyway, we are doing a company raise this month, but because its unclear as of yet, I'm posting 12.50 an hour. This is more than fair to be trained and indentured as an apprentice. Not to mention you are paid for travel time, you don't need to drive your own vehicle to work, christmas bonuses based on performance, hours lent to you when your broke, overtime, paid company outings to go karts, golf, lunch, and nobody at this company treats you like an idiot. Did I mention I started here 4 years ago at12.50 and now make 28.00 an hour? Its called PUTTING IN YOUR TIME. A good job for someone who is looking to develop a skill. Anyone who is interested don't listen to Tyler883, obviously knows nothing of earning your wage.
    100% VAGITARIAN!

My Ride
    the girls crazy

Oh yeah, and if you pass your school you get 1/2 your tuition back, and we have a benefit plan with life insurance and a $750.00 a year deal where you turn in any receipts you want for full repayment. And no, we're not union, but we have a great company reputation for" actually working "to get the job done, and we are seriously busy.
    Last edited by dinglenuts; 05-21-2005 at 11:20 AM.
    100% VAGITARIAN!

My Ride
    Cavy

I have no electrician experience at all. Does this job involve wiring basic power throughout the buildings? If I walked in on tuesday and asked for the job would I have a chance at getting it? I'm tired of working dead end jobs (right now I install windshields on cars. shitty work and shitty that i have to train it all the way from whitehorn to chinook everyday to get there), I am looking for a career and something that will get me somewhere.

I'm definatly interested especially seeing that this job pays $4.50 more than my current one.

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

Your number seem strange.

Don't first year apprentices start at 55% of journeyman rate with an increase of 5 percent every 6 months? A starting wage of 12.50 is only about 22 bucks an hour, yet you are making 28 bucks an hour?

Depends on the trade, and I think for most it goes up by Apprentice year not 6 months, as in First Year gets 55 Second Year gets 65, Third year gets 80 and Fourth gets 90 then Jouryney gets 100% obveously. Depends on the trade I believe but don't forget.

To be an appretice you have to have a blue book and be registered through the gov. Singing up and getting this position, doesnt automatically make you an apprentice so theoretically they dont have to pay you 55% until you have the blue book in hand and ready to go.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

once again tyler883 you have no idea what your talking about and don't know how to do simple math. 1st year start at 50% of the journey man rate. it then goes up by 10% each year. the journey man wage is determined by the company but there is a minimum ( i think 24 bucks). my company rate for journey man is at 28.50 with a raise at the end of may for .50$.

i don't think it took long at all to get my blue book, but i was payed the 50% right away.

it was hard to become a apprentice. so if someone has the hook up, it would be a good idea to give it a shot.

My Ride
    the girls crazy

yes, its based like this - 50% first year, 60% 2nd, 70% third, 80% 4th, 100% after 4th. I realize some companies are paying more, but that's probably mostly commercial I'd think. We do houses, apartments, condos, large custom homes, mostly, and we also do a couple hotels, funeral homes, farms, small retail outlets and service work. I would say to get a good skill set in the trade work a couple years in this type of work, a couple years of mostly commercial, and tough out some industrial. You'll always have a job, especially with a good residential base. Not to mention the cash jobs that are always around. I'm pretty sure our j-man rate is going to 26.50 but like I say, its not clear yet. Really though, good company to work for, I woudn't have stayed for my whole apprenticeship otherwise.
    100% VAGITARIAN!

Well said danno and dingle, if anyone is interested in this trade then you shoudl look into this opportunity seriously, even if it pays a buck less then another place.

I knwo for myself, finding a shop that would hire someone so young for a first year apprentice, was hard to come by, if I was going into Electrical I would probably take this opportunity, good luck on filling the position dingle.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

if you have to take a loss in pay to start as a apprentice it would be well worth it in the end.

28.50 plus 10% vacation pay is in the high $60 000. so not to shabby, plus all the side jobs you can do

take advantage of the oppurtunity

if i didnt already pay for my electrical course at SAIT i would be all over this oppertunity.

My Ride
    the girls crazy

yeah, its decent, I was almost bankrupt when i started at age 20, now my wife and I pull in $90k a year. not bad for 26 years old. Myself I'm making at least 55k a year without o.t. or sidejobs. I looked at this job as a great "fall back on" skill If I ever decide what I really want to do in the future, and if I never decide on something else, at lest this provides a comfortable living, not to mention you can actually shave years off an engineering degree once you have your ticket, as well as the doors that open into plcs, instrumentation etc. If you do a couple extra years, a hundred bucks an hour is not so far out of reach. If you really stick with it, you be making more than anyone in a long university course, and thats without the multiple thousands of debt that come with an extensive education. Atrade skill is never going to hurt you, only give an added source of income in the future.
    100% VAGITARIAN!

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Are there still jobs available?
    I'm a 2nd year going on 3rd year, just finishing up my second year classes (via distance learning, since I don't have 2 months to go to school in) looking for summer work. Just until the end of August, when I go back to university. For what it's worth, I'm a straight-forward guy, who doesn't drink. Sounds like I fit the criteria other than not being a 1st year apprentice.

I have 75% multi-family residential experience and about 25% commercial experience. Are they looking for anything other than 1st year apprentices?
    Should I just give him a shout, and bring in a resume?

I didn't read the entire argument about rates here, so what is the journeyman rate at the company?
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

Yep. Nothing like being a sparky. Hammer drilling inserts in concrete all day. getting yelled at by every other trade because your runs are in their way and they have priority. Not to mention blowing up your kleins on live wires that were suppose to be disconnected. GOOD TIMES!!

My Ride
    H-D 883 XLH

Originally posted by danno
    once again tyler883 you ..... don't know how to do simple math.
    danno, I don't have much faith in your simple math skills considering that you seem to be totally content with dingle's $12.50 and $28 figures.

When I went to school, 50% of 28 bucks an hour was $14 bucks an hour.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast