Quantcast
Out of province inspections - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Out of province inspections

My Ride
    YZ250

Default Out of province inspections

I just thought I post this because I've seen a few people ask where to go, and I've wondered myself.

I've needed to get a OOP for a while now....SGI just gave me "the call", so I guess no more $60 insurance a month

Best place I've found is Kramer Mazda. $85 bucks <$96 after tax and gov form>, and they aren't to sticky, you just have to meet the bare minumum. I'm surprised my car only needs 2 things <strut and caliper>

AND you can do the work yourself and they don't charge you a reinspection fee like canadian tire<$120 safety + 40 reinspection> The worst place I've found was KalTire, there price is like 180, which includes an alignment, whether you need it or not....

And if you go to Kramer please do us all a favour and don't tell them how cheap they are compared to others, I almost didn't call them, because I know for parts they charge a fortune....

Or if you have a better place please share!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

i went to ok tire in crowfoot. they were also good, i didn't have to pay the $100 fee until it was aproved. basiclly got a free inspection

You can go to Canadian Tire for this , also Apollo does it , they did mine.

And BTW

thats the nicest Avatar ive ever seen
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    TOPLESS 64 IMPALA /2004 SALEEN S281 SC / 2007 Z06

canadian tire

My Ride
    2014 Sierra, 87 cavi vert

Renfrew auto of edmonton trail does them
    Speed Doesn't kill, it's the sudden stop at the end.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

I had mine done at Brake Check Crowfoot for my other car a few months ago and they charged $69. And one of the dealers in Crowfoot, I think it's the Volvo/Saturn dealer, was advertising $70 or so OOP inspections.

My Ride
    YZ250

Originally posted by no|uno
    I had mine done at Brake Check Crowfoot for my other car a few months ago and they charged $69. And one of the dealers in Crowfoot, I think it's the Volvo/Saturn dealer, was advertising $70 or so OOP inspections.
    Nice! we should make an official list or something of the *good* places to go...

How about instead of posting ANOTHER thread aboit OOP you get your lazy ass off the couch and search for the other OOP thread that started just before this one....

My Ride
    YZ250

I assume your refering to this thread?

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.p...nce+inspection

The thread where you don't even know your own shops prices, but pull the number $75 out of your ass?

I've done many searches but none recently, I see more questions then answers so I thought I would contribute something to the board.

Fountain Tire charges, $129 w/no alignment, oh but they conveniently do a *sweep* to make sure if you need one, They're gonna charge you extra, and if you do the repairs yourself they charge you another $49 for a reinspection fee...

I'm glad I didn't read that thread, and go to your shop.... do you at least spit before bending people over?

Keep up the quality MISinformation, you gotta keep that post count up!
    Last edited by Mazstyle; 05-19-2005 at 04:48 PM.

Your right I don't know my own shops prices, actually I wouldn't classify it as my own shop. I don't work up front, I don't talk to customers unless they come back to see their car or ask the people who actually do the work questions, I have no need to know all the prices as I don't deal with sales or customers. If you specifically ask for a price from me, I would be glad to go grab a price from one of the guys up front and get back to you with it, maybe even try and cut you a deal for a fellow Beyonder.

If you want to cintribute then do it all in one thread, posting additional threads is the same reaosn I started the now stickied bodyshop thread, too many people asking the same damn questions instead of posting it all on one thread.