Quantcast
Maniac driver of a White GMC Jimmy EGF 151... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Maniac driver of a White GMC Jimmy EGF 151...

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

Default Maniac driver of a White GMC Jimmy EGF 151...

My co-worker came into work bawling this morning.

Aparently, she was drivng down bowtrail (70km/h) on her way to Staples, when a white older GMC Jimmy traveling probabaly 90km/h came up and tailgated her. The guy swerved in front of her, and slammed on the brakes; causing her to slam on her brakes, spilling her coffee and sending other things flying. So she hops on the phone to call the cops and also getting his plate and vehicle description as she's turning, the guy sees her doing that, turns off at the next set of lights, approaches her in the parking lot, and tries to hustle her. He kept saying she was drunk, and that she was swerving all over the place, calling her out to call the cops. She was shocked someone would that sort of thing, I mean, for all she knows, he could have a weapon.

At this point he tells her that he didnt have time for this, and left. She ended up getting the guy's vehicle description, physical description and plates to the cops.

I really dont think anything will become of this, as the guy was smooth, he obviously has done this sort of thing before.. intimidating women. Not my rant or anything, but it's just sad to see there's drivers out that do that.. not only are they reckless, they pysically approach people when the cops are being called.

it's a late model GMC Jimmy SUV in white, license plate EGF 151. Middle aged guy with short brown hair. Watchout for this guy coming out of the southwest. She said he's so slick, it's sick. He probably beats his wife, because treated women so poorly.

Just kinda depresses me.. cos my co-worker is a really cool person, and she was totally distraught all day today.

hmmm...ye a lot of dumb drivers in calgary...there was an accident like right in front of me on 16th today...except exactly in front of me was a huge truck, so technically it was in front of the truck but ye...people just cut people off just cuz traffic is going to slowly for them, but they dont realise once they get into an accident they're gonna take even longer to get to where they wanna be.

what do you mean the guy was smotth/slick tho? if he was so smooth, she wouldn't have gotten his plates & such...but at least your co-worker is ok...
    Mercs

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

the guy was smooth.. the guy sped up and did a hard brake in front of her on purpose to 'show her his frustration'. I mean, she was going speed limit, and then some.

she said he was super smooth.. by the way he talked.. like he did it before, it's no big deal.. I mean, if she really was drunk, and he cut her off blah blah, he didnt need to turn around get into the parking lot and intimidate her. He went in to intimidate her because she was a woman, calling the cops on him!

If she called the cops they need to come their and take her statement and what not. then they goto his house and give him a $402 charge for wreckless driving. A lot of things happen when you call in license plate numbers from people who do dumb thing. My thing now is calling in plate numbers of retards who race their bone stock cars with a rice muffler on it. My thinking being if we get rid of these mofos the police may see the import community in a new light, err maybe not lol.

My Ride
    2009 Elantra Touring

I think saw this guy on the deerfoot this morning on the way in to work I think (quarter to 8ish near the peigan exit?).

He was driving like an absolute moron weaving through traffic like he was a hot shot - I thought he was going to roll it on the one pass he made. There are some fucking idiot drivers out there.

My Ride
    Kompressor

all kinds of messed up people out there!

how is your co-worker?

My Ride
    Low Rent

Hope your coworker's ok.

If he tried pressing his bullshit, she probably could have called him on it: The cop comes down, hears her story on how he's driving like a bag of shit, hears his story on how she was drunk, tests her BAC, and suddenly the jackass looks a lot worse.
    "Oh yeah! Plus, armed men are stealing my pop!"

My Ride
    TOPLESS 64 IMPALA /2004 SALEEN S281 SC / 2007 Z06

stupid savage

My Ride
    2011 Subaru Impreza

okies, update.. the cops called the guy at his house, and he says she was drunk, and was swerving all over the road, and the reason he circled back to confront her in the parking lot was to see if she was okay, and to tell her she was drunk, and that she needed help.

DAMN... man.. that is messed up. He didnt think she would call the cops because she was a little woman, and he was some big redneck in a big truck. Her biggest mistake was to call the cops after the confrontation while on her way into work.. she shoulda called right there right then. Let that be a lesson!!

It was stupid for her to even confront this guy. She should have stayed in her vehicle and locked the doors and called the cops on the spot and waited until they showed up. After the fact it's just her word against his.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

By all means im not trying to defend this prick but if she was driving in the left lane and he started tailgating her, she should of moved to the right lane. Even though Bow is not a fast road and fast lanes dont apply, some people dont care. BUT if she was in the right lane and he did it then he deserves what he got. But if ya see someone tailgating you just move to avoid further hassles.. Sure the prick wins.. just take comfort knowing you are much better then them
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Yeah, it really sucks that th guy got all aggressive and such to your co-worker but if she was playing vigilante street cop blocking the lane, she's no better. If u are slower than the car behind you, move to the right. PERIOD. You aren't going to prevent them from speeding, only aggravate them and possibly cause harm to yourself as she just learned....

Unfortunate, though...