Quantcast
Protein Shake and Blender - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Protein Shake and Blender

My Ride
    2008 911 C4S

Default Protein Shake and Blender

Never use my blender, usually just my little hand mixer. But wanted to make a fruit smoothy.

Here is what i did.......3 cups skim milk, 3 scoops of protein, 5 strawberries and stirred it with the blender.

Well It came out all frothy and foamy, my three cups expanded to like the whole blender ! Any tricks?
    2008 Porsche 911 C4S, gone but not forgotten 2008 E60 ///M5, 2003 E39 ///M5, 2002 E46 330 CIC Supercharged.

My Ride
    Civic

Whenever you mix your protien shake in the blender it will froth's up alot, usually it says on the bottle to always blend it so you might want to try that. But no tricks for you to make a fruit smoothie, just let it sit for a bit in the fridge and it will lose soem of the froth
    C-23-H

My Ride
    Mom-van

Add some ice and a bit of non fat frozen yogurt
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

That sounds like a lot of protein for one shake! Ask anyone...I down protein like mad....but I try to spread it out a bit. It is not so much about all the arguments that one can only 'absorb' so much at one time as it is about maintaining a positive nitrogen balance throughout the day. I'd also toss some more carbs or some high quality fats in that shake.

My Ride
    2008 911 C4S

Thanks Leah, Jumperman and DavidI, was meant for a days worth of shakes, 1 in the morning and one after my afternoon workout, adding fruit and such for me is just trying to create a meal out of it. I will try the ICE! Just looked in the fridge and the froth is gone :-)
    2008 Porsche 911 C4S, gone but not forgotten 2008 E60 ///M5, 2003 E39 ///M5, 2002 E46 330 CIC Supercharged.

My Ride
    GMC : S15 sierra clasic (2.8), Jimmy SLT (4.3)

try just using ice, a little water and a mocha flavored one, exactly like a timmy ho ho's iced cap

when cut open, the rambutan unfortunately fails miserably to deviate from its outwardly testicular appearance, revealing an inside that looks for all the world exactly how you'd expect the contents of a scrotum to look.

1-Cent is offline If you want to sell shit buy a fucking banner

Thats just how it goes bro, I've done that alot in the summer and its great. My recipie is; 2 scoops BioX MRP powder (vanilla for this), hand full of strawberries, 1 med. sized banana, 2 raw eggs (more gets pretty goopy), ~300mL whole milk (sub w/ skim if you like).

Makes about 1.5 large glasses, I use a beer glass myself lol

From a shake you can absorb about 50g of protien at any given time, only because its digested very quickly, ion-exchanged or isolate only take 45-60 mins to be digested since the protien is already refined and processed. A "real" solid meal can take about 3 hours give or take an hour depending on consistancy. So if you eat a large solid meal of 100g of protien thats fine too since it will be digested over the course of many hours not all at once.

i wouldnt recommend using raw eggs in something you plan on drinking later in the day... hell... i wouldnt bother with raw eggs at all.

1-Cent is offline If you want to sell shit buy a fucking banner

Originally posted by sputnik
    i wouldnt recommend using raw eggs in something you plan on drinking later in the day... hell... i wouldnt bother with raw eggs at all.
    Salmonella isn't really an issue unless you don't refridgerate your eggs or keep them clean. There are many forms of Salmonella, only one of which can enter inside the egg to contaminate it, most people who get the illness get it from the shells (ie: handling them and then touching something else) while preparing food. But ya don't make a shake with raw eggs and eat it 6 hours later, that would be disgusting even if you didn't get sick.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

Egg proteins are more easily absorbed by your body cooked than when raw. For this reason, I always cook my eggs.

I have also heard that raw eggs give you a biotin deficiency.

My Ride
    1989 Toyota Supra Turbo

HERE IS THE ULTIMATE PROTEIN SHAKE!

1 - Banana
    1 - Tablespoon Flax seed oil
    1 1/2 Scoops - Protien powder
    3/4 Cup - Blueberries
    1/2 Cup - Cranberries
    1 - Teaspoon of frozen Lime Drink(Its the stuff in the can)
    Then just add a bit of Skim Milk and your set!

I have taken this shake for almost 2 years and it has been great!

The odd time I will switch it up and substitute Peaches and Strawberries in instead to mix up the flavour a bit.

Hope you like!

Jason
    [imghttp://www.ubersupra.com/misc/logo1.gif[/img]
    Jay Ferguson
    [email protected]
    403.291.5646 local
    877.CMS.7222 toll free