Quantcast
Shaq racist towards asians - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shaq racist towards asians

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Shaq probably can't even spell his entire name but that still doesn't take away from the fact he's the best centre in the NBA today and one of the best to ever play that position.

But what he said was totally uncalled for, but it's Shaq...he's a goof and always has been. He's always cracked jokes about stuff like this and no one ever took it seriously. Shit...if Dennis Rodman was still in the league and he had said that no one would even bat an eye.

My Ride
    '15 GTI

hehe, thats why they gave him the nickname shaq...so he could accomplish signing autographs

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Toma, you got my vote Bro!
    Travel

My Ride
    '08 Mitsubishi Lancer, '97 GMC Jimmy

Toma, Very True words! ........Either Way, Shaq is still a big dumb retard...( oops, was that not politically correct? ).....Some people are just too Damn Sensitive...as long as its in a joking matter, and Said to someone you know, Racist Jokes are going to happen, and most of the Time its no big Deal. Obviously your not gonna call some Black Guy you pass walking down the street a N*****, unless your a total Racist. Because other than the Fact that its just wrong, hes most likely gonna pull a gun on your Ass! :tongue:...oops, thats one of those Racial Stereotypes!...Said in a joking matter though!

James
    "Car Manufacturers give us a well engineered basic car but leave it's real development to us."

My Ride
    FA1

I think Shaq was right for doing that. Too many of these "Asian American" groupies are way too sensitive. They just watch for this shit so they can start gang bangin' whoever it is that said it. I mean shit, I hear a racial slur every single day. It means nothing to me now, just more english words added to my vocabulary. Nothing to get all offended about. Once he starts killing Chinese people and saying that or whatever than yeah okay, there's a problem.

Shaquille O’Neal spoke with a mock Chinese accent and made mock “kung fu” moves.
    SHAQ-FU!!

Will the NBA punish racist speech, as it has in the past? The Association is too busy passing out fortune cookies. In “honor” of Yao’s first game in Miami, the Miami Heat on Dec. 16 passed out 8,000 fortune cookies to spectators.
    Maybe one night they can pass out fried chicken, collard greens and watermelon.
    Seriously, I don't think the fortune cookie thing is meant to be racist. Maybe just supposed to welcome a Chinese player which is a novelty in the NBA.

Let’s not beat around the bush. If a white player had, for instance, made monkey sounds to taunt a black player, it would have been a national controversy. But Yao is Chinese and Asians are fair game. For evidence, watch TV for a couple of hours.
    Unfortunately, the writer is correct. Plus, Ming is a MINORITY in the NBA. Pull any racism against blacks and you'll have 90+% of the players on you. There is also a history of black aggression against asians in the U.S.
    "All these years I thought it was power that brought responsibility. It's not. I was wrong. It's responsibility that brings power. It's knowing what needs to be done that brings strength. And courage." - Peter Parker, Earth X

My Ride
    09 WRX Hatchback / 72 240z

You have to consider the fact that the way he displayed his message was not in a joking form. You also have to consider that many asians are stubborn and wont see it as a joke. Again like I said before, if you are in public, you can joke, but don't joke to extremes that might offend or even bring back hate. Some people aren't as easy going as some of you are, some people actually take offense to the extreme. Being chinese myself, I dont care what he says, I'm just baffeled to why would someone that is a idol among kids, say stuff like that. It's like a teacher saying racist jokes out of no where and mocking how certain cultures talk. It may be a joke, but I know in the American Education System (which sucks) does not tolerate any racial remarks. You can't judge everything from your perspective, you have to look from other point of views. Look at the racial remarks one of the US government officials made in the House of Representatives, now he's kicked out. He delievered his remark the same way as Shaq did, and hes a government official, just like Shaq is a public icon.

He should just watch his mouth, many kids in America look up to him, he needs to set a good example, not start a trend of hate.

"Will somebody please think of the children!?" -Simpsons
    Last edited by Zephyr; 01-15-2003 at 10:45 AM.

m@+CH Guest

HANG DA BASTARD
    EVIL:

My Ride
    MDX

Its unfortunate that whether someone wants to be a role model or not, they are forced to be one. Maybe he should start every one of his interviews with the good ol charles barkley" I am not a role model, I dont raise your kids."
    Then we wouldn't hear everyone bitching about him saying some little racial snip towards whoever.

My Ride
    2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart

Go Shaq go. People in north america are way to damn sensitive. I'm tired of having to be a pansy ass PC liberal about everything.

Edmonton you damn fools! Cowtown can kiss my capital ass!

Well, I think it's pretty obvious, Zephyr cries himself to sleep every night. I think it's time for you to learn that you need to take yourself a little less seriously, and also generally sports stars aren't the brightest people and Shaq is not the first of his profession to say/do something stupid and regretful.
    Zeph man, chill out and dry those tears.
    "Da da da da" - Snoop Dogg
    "If your ass gets cracked, bitch shut your trap!" - Snoop

P.S.
    We both know this isn't true! "kids view him as a idol"

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by D_Rock
    Well, I think it's pretty obvious, Zephyr cries himself to sleep every night.
    troll

Originally posted by Jeff TYPE R
    troll
    Thanks, but that one was a joke pal.

My Ride
    a wrx.

alright there troll...now how about a car related post on a car forum?

lammer Guest

Originally posted by D_Rock
    Well, I think it's pretty obvious, Zephyr cries himself to sleep every night. I think it's time for you to learn that you need to take yourself a little less seriously, and also generally sports stars aren't the brightest people and Shaq is not the first of his profession to say/do something stupid and regretful.
    Zeph man, chill out and dry those tears.

dry out those tears?
    fuck hes still trying to wipe off all the tears he got when your mom opened her stank ass..

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by Zephyr
    You have to consider the fact that the way he displayed his message was not in a joking form. You also have to consider that many asians are stubborn and wont see it as a joke.
    Kinda like you making a big deal out of this thread and not seeing it as a joke?
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    97 EK

that aint' cool Jeff!
    I'm going to buy a 89 camaro.

My Ride
    R6

Originally posted by RickDaTuner
    speaking of Noxville anyone see the MTV episode of Gumball 3000 hehe thats was some funny stuff

haha ya that was great

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by Ajay
    Shaq probably can't even spell his entire name but that still doesn't take away from the fact he's the best centre in the NBA today and one of the best to ever play that position.
    Pffttt Shaq the best? No way. Just cause he's like 8 feet tall and can just stand there and place the ball in the basket whenever he comes within a 5 ft radius of it doesn't make him the best. He can hardly run the length of the court without getting tired and needing a mop man running behind him and he's like uhhh what 40% with his freethrows? Which of course totally sucks for the Lakers cause everytime someone even touches him they foul so they COULD potentially have way more points if he actually learned to shoot.

Sorry guys, I'm with Zephyr on this...people look up to this guy like he's a god. People like him get way too many breaks for these situations and if we cracked that joke on national TV, we'd get

Melinda

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast