Quantcast
Street Machine Weekend details. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Street Machine Weekend details.

My Ride
    89 Shelby daytona

yes thought about it...and a wet T-shirt contest...

we dont have enough man power to hold more events. some new guys were talking about a burn-out contest but we couldnt get enough people to help....

we only have about 30 club members......and we only have about 10 that do any work previous to that weekend. Its alot of work for those few people.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

I will sacrifice myself for the greater good and be the judge/hose controller for the wet-T contest.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Alot of Imports

I'm going to be comming in from Saskatoon for the event. There's not really anyway I'll be able to participate in the show n shine AND the auto-x hey? Those were the 2 things I really wanted to do.

And since I've never been to this event before, could someone tell me if the auto-x, 100ft and show n shine are all in the same area (I keep hearing about a grandstand?). I'm guessing the whole entire event is held at Lethbridge's exhibition grounds?

And regarding the auto-x, from reading the other thread about it, it sounds a little bush league. Do you guys have any sanctioned club down there that holds any auto-x events ever? IE. WCMA Solo1 or solo2 type event. Helmets? Pre-tech inspections? Start and stop boxes?

The auto-x classes sound like a clusterfawk. If it's only going to be limited to 50 cars, how unreasonable would it be to properly classify each car in their proper categories? If its not already run like a proper sanctioned event, why not start running it like one?

If you had pre-registration for it on friday (or earlier online) it should be no problem to put each car into its proper group, then you just classify them as stock, super stock, street prepared or modded. It's seriously not that difficult to implement. Check here for allowable mods... http://www.wpg-autox.org/info/CarClassingWorksheet.pdf

Then if you go down to about page 75 here http://www.wcma.ca/WCMA-Solo-Rules.pdf there is a list of the different car classes. Similar cars are grouped together, so you have cars like ITR's running with VW Corrado's, (190 fwd hp vs 178fwd hp) and 350Z's running against camaro's. At least then you should get a rough idea of whose to be running with who. It should be fairly easy to distinguish a "stock" car vs a lightly modded car "superstock" vs a heavily modded car "street prepared" vs a nearly full out race car "modded". And if racers want to lie about what mods they have, so be it. They'll only be cheating themselves. I'd take much greater satisfaction in knowing I whooped a near identical car to mine rather than me whooping something far less superior.

Also, I read a bunch of rookies volunteering to create a course. Bad idea. Get someone with experience. We have a couple of really good local guys. If you provided them with a rough-scale layout of the track area, I'm positive they'd be willing to create you an excellent track that challenges every type of car, for free of course.

And back to classifying cars... What are you guys considering as "slicks"? Actual racing slicks, or R-compound tires?

The way i've read the classes are being done now (basically power adders and cylinders) is ghetto. A set of R tires, big cams, big valve head, Limited slip diff, and suspension would basically net my car as a stock car, yet in reality, you could not mod your car any better in prep. for auto-x...But, if I was to just throw some N20 on my car, i'd be bumped up a class? Doesn't make things fair.
    Last edited by N'Syncro; 06-13-2005 at 03:52 AM.

My Ride
    Volkswagens

Hey n'syncro
    We'll save you a spot in with the VW's to park when you're done Xing. We are trying to get a group together and park all in the same area.

Is anyone going to try to keep groups together this year for the show and shine or is galt gardens a free for all parking lot on Sunday morning starting around 7am?
    I heard a lot of complaining last year when guys were trying to vote and all the different classes of cars were scattered everywhere. Some didn't even see all the cars but voted anyways
    Mark

PS. any meetings before the show weekend ?

My Ride
    89 Shelby daytona

Auto-X and 100' shoot-out and registration will be held at the exhibition. The show N shine is at galt gardens, lots of grass, and trees, and places to eat nearby.

We park cars as they come.....usually most of the "tuner" cars end up in the north west corner because they all come at once.
    There are people lined up at 6am to get a parking spot. Usually the tuner guys cmoe all at once so they are usually grouped together in the north west corner.

No club I know of that holds sanctioned Auto-X events and such...there is the mopar club, street wheelers, and harley club...dont know of any other clubs...

Auto-X is little because this will be the second year we hold an auto-x. And this year will be the first year of the controlled cruise hopefully it will be a big hit.

The classes above are for the 100', the auto-X classes are slightly different...partially based on drivetrain and suspension. These classes had to be easily distinguishable because:

1. People in the past have lied about what they got done to there cars... caused big arguments over who deserves the trophie.

2. We have to be able to tech inspect and class cars very quickly...and these make it obvious what class it is..

3. We are a part of the 100' assosciation (5 clubs through-out alberta) and 4 of the clubs are new....we have to have the same classes and this makes it easy for them to class cars...(plus we had to agree to classes, we wanted classes differant than those above, but we are 4 to 1 under-dog)

4. attract more tuner cars.......classes with 1 or 2 power adders will attract more of the advanced 4 and 6 cylinder cars...more newer and high tech....we usually get 99% muscle cars in the past...

If you know someone who has experiance setting up these Auto-X tracks I would like to get in contact with him. I will try to find the dimensions we have to work with, and if possible could you get me an email adress for a guy to help with that.

Slicks...I will have to get back to you on that 1...cant remember off top of my head.

My Ride
    Alot of Imports

Bullyboy, thanks. I'll be there! Black VW Corrado from Saskatchewan. It'll be the only one.

And Audio-Rookie, check PM in a minute. I'll email you Mike's contact info. And thanks for the info.

My Ride
    Talipse

im so hyped up about this shit fuck i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!

My Ride
    BMW

Show sounds awesome! I definitely cannot wait.... plus my car is finally ready to actually enter and contend in a show and shine (hopefully that is).

What do the categories for imports look like for the show and shine?
    2006 BMW 323i
    Jet Black

My Ride
    Das Fahrenheit

And...What city is this in?
    Originally posted by 89coupe
    I do get great service there, especially when I mention my name, haha.

My Ride
    BMW

Lethbridge
    2006 BMW 323i
    Jet Black

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

hmm might come back for this..but ti smy only weekend for stampede

My Ride
    2022 X2M

on a side note sorry to hear about your car chris glad everything worked out

(noticed the other thread i know i know old news )

Looking forward t the weekend and all of us coming down for the show, im looking to hold a BBQ at the rents place for us guys on friday if anyone is interested

BYOB LOL
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Talipse

10 days yo get thoses rides ready buy new tires

Here is a link to more information about the Street Machine Weekend on LethbridgeLink.com. There is a link on there with a map of the Controlled Cruise route.

Click here to view

this week is gunna rock!!!!

My Ride
    350Hp Ford 302 powered Volvo 740 Turbo

Sorry I missed the Cruise in June but I finally got my car done so the Lethbridge show will be the first run. Come by the show and shine and say HI!! looking forward to meeting a bunch of you.
    Volvord 784VC
    www.telusplanet.net/public/gilesij/Volvord

My Ride
    89 Shelby daytona

350 hp FORD 302...sounds liek a familiar car..I think I have heard stories of you..

did you at 1 time keep upping the boost until you blew up your motor and then just threw in a 302?

Sounds like you might be buddy with my old shop teacher mr Fin.

My Ride
    350Hp Ford 302 powered Volvo 740 Turbo

Amazing how stories get distorted. But yes I know Mr. Finn very well.
    The original engine did not blow from too much boost since it was only running about 12 psi boost, the engine just got tired. I then replaced the original engine with a 302 dyno'ed at 350HP. I have recently completed a new engine build with the majority of the engine work done by Bob Prowse at RMP Engine. New dyno numbers will be posted once this engine has a few miles on it.
    Last edited by Volvord 784VC; 07-06-2005 at 02:35 PM.
    Volvord 784VC
    www.telusplanet.net/public/gilesij/Volvord

My Ride
    89 Shelby daytona

check out the web-site.

let me know of any spelling errors, or anything stupid like that or bad info.

www.streetwheelers.com

My Ride
    Alot of Imports

I'm out.

Someone broke into my car last night and stole everything.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast