Quantcast
Colbolt SS - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Colbolt SS

My Ride
    1999 Pontiac Grand Am

Default Colbolt SS

So last night, I was driving my girlfriend home at around 11:30. I live in the Hamptons and she lives in Bearspaw. So we are going along Country Hills Blvd. when this black car passes me. When it gets in front of me, I see that it is a black Colbolt SS. After seeing this, I was curious. We both turned onto Stoney Trail and then onto Crowchild. On Crowchild, we did a little race from I think 80 or 100 km/h, not too sure.

He raped me.

Not a surprise though. I kinda figured that would happen. I just wanted to know how BADLY he would take me. That thing is pretty fast.

Either the guy that drives this is a good driver or this is faster than the SRT-4.

Anyway, I think this guy might be on the forum, if so then props to the car.
    I like Chicken
    I like Liver
    Meow Mix Meow Mix
    Please Deliver

Originally posted by fingirl
    Contrary to what my son may have said about me, I'm very literate and intelligent. The only thing fishy around here is that aroma coming from my crotch area.

My Ride
    2014 Sierra, 87 cavi vert

there about the same as an srt 4, maybe just a touch slower
    Speed Doesn't kill, it's the sudden stop at the end.

My Ride
    Porsche 911 Cab

The car is slower than the srt4, cobolt ss is rated at 205 hp and 200 ft-lbs torqe. Srt4 is rated now at 230hp and 250 ft-lbs trq.

Maybe it was my cousin. He just bought one of those 5 days ago. Were the windows tinted dark?

My Ride
    1999 Pontiac Grand Am

I couldn't really tell. I only really focused on it on crowchild where there are no lights. It might of been. He turned right at Twelve Mile Coulee road, wherever that leads.
    I like Chicken
    I like Liver
    Meow Mix Meow Mix
    Please Deliver

Contrary to what my son may have said about me, I'm very literate and intelligent. The only thing fishy around here is that aroma coming from my crotch area.

My Ride
    TRD Pro

It might of been B-Spot he is on these forums.
    Originally posted by Melinda

You certainly are not a very nice person though.

My Ride
    F150, Dieselgate Jetta, Mustang

Originally posted by TurboZombie
    The car is slower than the srt4, cobolt ss is rated at 205 hp and 200 ft-lbs torqe. Srt4 is rated now at 230hp and 250 ft-lbs trq.
    SRT-4 faster slower cobalt lighter bla bla bla, here is some info so we can stop the debate..........

2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS - Supercharged
    0-60 mph, sec 6.0
    1/4 mile, sec @ mph 14.5 @ 98.2
    Braking, 60-0 mph, ft 115
    600-ft slalom, mph 69.0

2005 Dodge SRT-4
    -60 mph, sec 5.5
    1/4 mile, sec @ mph 13.9 @ 101.9
    Braking, 60-0 mph, ft 112
    600-foot slalom, mph 66.6

But for the record, the "neon" is ugly, dated, and handles worse then the cobalt (note slalom), Motortrend said it best....."Even with its deep front air dam, big wheels, hood scoop, and racy rear wing, the SRT-4 can't hide its Neon roots."

My Ride
    1999 Pontiac Grand Am

True!!!

My Dad and I were on our way home from work yesterday and I see a silver SRT-4. When we get closer I see that it isn't one. It is a silver SX 2.0 with the body kit of the SRT-4 and the hood scoop and they spoiler. It still had those crappy wheels.

What I find is funny is the fact that a lot of people (including myself) will say that the SRT-4 is still a Neon. Some may disagree and that is their choice.

The funniest thing about this is that there was nothing done anywhere else to the car. At first I thought it was an SRT-4 but I got ahead of it and saw no intercooler. Then it got ahead of us and then it still had the crappy Neon exahust where as the rear bumper for the SRT-4 has cutouts for dual exhaust.

Man I was laughing the rest of the way home!!
    I like Chicken
    I like Liver
    Meow Mix Meow Mix
    Please Deliver

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Originally posted by brandon
    It might of been B-Spot he is on these forums.
    That was me indeed

Thanks for the run though, I was curious too how they'd stack up against each other, and you are the first person that has actually stepped up to run with me (besides a sunfire trying to race me on 17th ave )

I had no idea when to start though... haha it was so dark I couldn't see anything and I was trying not to cheap you.

P.S. You've got a headlight out

My Ride
    1999 Pontiac Grand Am

Yeah I know. Right now I am a ONE EYED GRANDMA....

I am curious were you going to race from the lights if I was going straight?
    I like Chicken
    I like Liver
    Meow Mix Meow Mix
    Please Deliver

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Originally posted by BubbaSTi
    Yeah I know. Right now I am a ONE EYED GRANDMA....

I am curious were you going to race from the lights if I was going straight?
    Yup, I was gonna go straight through once I saw the light turn yellow and then just turn around at the next intersection hehe. It would have probably been closer from a stop because I can't get traction worth shit in first gear.

My Ride
    1999 Pontiac Grand Am

Yeah that would of been sweet. Thing with my car is, that I can never spin the wheels from a stop. I don't think it is because my car is weak, because I do go speedy from a stop.

Another thing. Your brake lights are freaking bright man!!
    I like Chicken
    I like Liver
    Meow Mix Meow Mix
    Please Deliver

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Originally posted by BubbaSTi

Another thing. Your brake lights are freaking bright man!!
    Good to know, I just thought I'd slow down before I smoked a deer.

My Ride
    Z

LOL If I'm not mistaken, BubaSTi you were driving a 99 grand am right?

First off if you were even if your car is a GT it is not fast period.

bspot: of course your going to beat a bigger car with less HP than you, chances are his car is an auto because I don't think the V6 came in 5 spd,(correct me if I'm wrong) Even if it was a V6 5 spd it would only have 170 HP @ the crank. I don't understand how you could be curious if your car would beat a grand am, if anything you should be curious about talons, SRT-4's, WRX, etc.

Not bashing you just questions?

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by TurboZombie
    Those numbers don't mean the Cobalt is slower. I have a R&T comparision of the two and the Cobalt was a tick slower 0-60 and 1/4 mile posting almost identical numbers.

The Cobalt IMO is the better buy as the SRT-4 will be discontinued soon and replaced by a new car based on the Mitsubishi GS platform with the new 4-cyl engine developed buy Mitsubishi, Hyundai, & Chrysler. This means that support for the SRT-4 will shrink in the future. Cobalt is almost as fast looks better inside and out and I'm sure the aftermarket will take to it.

My Ride
    1999 Pontiac Grand Am

It's all good. I know my car isn't the fastest but it can go pretty fast off the line. And my car is the fastest of my friends!!

Although one has a Civic and the other has Geo Metro (good for bagging the hell out of it)

Even though I do like my car, I would like to get a different car before the end of 2006.
    I like Chicken
    I like Liver
    Meow Mix Meow Mix
    Please Deliver

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by BlkMaxima
    LOL If I'm not mistaken, BubaSTi you were driving a 99 grand am right?

First off if you were even if your car is a GT it is not fast period.

bspot: of course your going to beat a bigger car with less HP than you, chances are his car is an auto because I don't think the V6 came in 5 spd,(correct me if I'm wrong) Even if it was a V6 5 spd it would only have 170 HP @ the crank. I don't understand how you could be curious if your car would beat a grand am, if anything you should be curious about talons, SRT-4's, WRX, etc.

Not bashing you just questions?
    It would be a bad move to be curious of my Eclipse especially if it's not from a dead stop. I can pull 200 km/hr in 3rd gear.

My Ride
    Z

Originally posted by heavyD

It would be a bad move to be curious of my Eclipse especially if it's not from a dead stop. I can pull 200 km/hr in 3rd gear.
    K well lets just say bone stock to bone stock lol

My Ride
    1999 Pontiac Grand Am

Another thing I have always wondered about my car is the top speed. Yeah it is limited to 175 km/h but that is at about 4000 RPM in 3rd gear. I always wondered what it could go to.

And if anyone wants to, they can say what car I should get next. I would prefer a new one, not a used car.
    I like Chicken
    I like Liver
    Meow Mix Meow Mix
    Please Deliver

Originally posted by BlkMaxima

K well lets just say bone stock to bone stock lol
    The comparision is so close it is almost unnecessary. Besides how many people buy a tuner car with plans to race it occasionally and keep it stock.

Download the GM Ecotec Tuner Manual and bump that Cobalt up to 1000 hp!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast