Quantcast
Tyson is done - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyson is done

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

Default Tyson is done

did anyone catch the Tyson vs. Mcbride fight? tyson did good in the first few round but after about round 3 he just died, TKO'd in the 6th round. im the post fight interviews he said he doesnt care about boxing anymore and he did this fight for the money. big surprise there considering the debt he's in. so ya this is the end of iron mike as he said he'll probably never fight again because he doesnt like it anymore. good riddance i say. opinions?

My Ride
    Civic

who cares, he is a crack head anyways haha
    C-23-H

My Ride
    TOPLESS 64 IMPALA /2004 SALEEN S281 SC / 2007 Z06

Default Re: Tyson is done

Originally posted by habsfan
    did anyone catch the Tyson vs. Mcbride fight? tyson did good in the first few round but after about round 3 he just died, TKO'd in the 6th round. im the post fight interviews he said he doesnt care about boxing anymore and he did this fight for the money. big surprise there considering the debt he's in. so ya this is the end of iron mike as he said he'll probably never fight again because he doesnt like it anymore. good riddance i say. opinions?
    well he will always be remembered threw good & bad

another tyson fight that sucked! he's gone all soft now after having a kid and playing with his 300 some pigeons that he has. balgh wgwegnjwengfwrnjnwr done!

who cares about tyson now.

i cant wait for gatti / mayweather....that fights gonna fuckin kick some ass
    Built not Bought.
    Originally posted by mitsumirage
    the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true

In reality, Tyson has been done for many many many years. He was done once he went into prison - and that was a long time ago. Tyson's career has been over for a decade IMO.

Honestly, I don't think anyone could beat Tyson in prime vs. prime fashion and the reality is that his record proves that. He beat all the best fighters of the time very easily when his reign was supreme. Prison stole Tyson's best years - which is downright scary. I watched as many Tyson fights as I could in the eighties and he was simply awesome. No one in boxing history has ever dispatched heavyweight opponents with such authority. EVER.

Heck, if you were his age and could get 5 million bucks for fighting for 20 minutes...hell, easy money right. McBride gets like $150k for beating up old Mike.

In the late 80's - no one could come close to beating Tyson. Tyson absolutely destroyed all opponents. These opponents were former champions - not lackies. Tyson would have obliterated Lennox Lewis had they been able to fight in the late 80's or early 90's. But Prison changed all that, and reality is Tyson was never the same after he got out of prison in 1995.

Bottom line is Tyson is done. The whole world knows it. But still everyone wants to watch the freak either get a quick KO from a mad power punch - or to get beat up if that fails. And frankly, Mike doesn't care - he just needs the cash and is more than willing to take advantage of a society that simply can't get enough of the freakazoid.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-14-2020 at 01:23 AM.

My Ride
    TOPLESS 64 IMPALA /2004 SALEEN S281 SC / 2007 Z06

Originally posted by 01RedDX
    Damn, he was still one of the greatest heavyweight boxers of all time. It's just a shame he ended up like this, broke, alienated, and certifiable, but he will always be Iron Mike.

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    -Mike Tyson

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

meh, tyson sucks and heavyweight boxing isnt as exciting as it used to be. its all about the lower weight classes now IMO. im diggin on the likes of bernard hopkins, de la hoya, mayweather and Team Jordan's own Roy Jones Jr. hahaha
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    1998 Honda Civic Si

you can say what you want about tyson now, but back in his day he was unstopable. i mean hes a total joke now, but he was the best, thats just how boxing goes u can only be the best for a short period of time cause theres always some new young guy whos tougher and quicker coming up behind you, that why i thnk boxers have such a tough time letting go, cause they wernt at the top that long. Tyson's been done for years and if he never fights again it will only be better for his career.

My Ride
    335i

Tyson is far from done. Physically, perhaps. But he's still the BIGGEST name in boxing, even today. Do you know who has the heavyweight title right now? I don't, and I don't really care either. Tyson puts on a fantastic show, he's the man that every boxer measures himself upon, and he's still one tough mofo.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    1998 Honda Civic Si

i totally agree thats who people wana see, every time he boxes the stadium is packed. but i think the more he boxes the more he is going to tarnish his reputation. he was the best and just adding loss after loss just weakens his strong reputation as a fighter. i think his time in the winning circle is done, he could still fight and probably make a lot of money and entertain a lot of people but he wont be heavey weight champ or anything close to that ever again.

haha that was a weak fight, if u wanted to see a real boxing match yesterday u would have watched migeul cotto, one of the rising prospects in the sport and comming from porto rico there is alot of hype around him about being good or better than tito trinidad. anways there are gonna be a few good fights this month

next week is tarver agiasnt johnson 2, and the fight i know ive been waiting for pretty boy floyd agiasnt the thunder gatti!!!
    Big pimpiiiinnnnnnnnn

My Ride
    1998 Honda Civic Si

that will be an awsome fight, something to watch forsure!!

My Ride
    13 Scion FR-S, 11 Mitsu Outlander

Pretty interesting article on Tyson, in that he was brilliantly promoted, but an overall lousy boxer.

http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/3683138?GT1=6555

Khyron
    That's not sweat. It's your fat, crying.

^ The article is pretty biased. But hey...that's just normal media trash talk.

Fact is, if you watched Tyson fight in the eighties - which I did at every opportunity - you know that Tyson was more than just a power puncher. He could box, he was very fast, he could move - he was feared and rightfully so. In addition, Tyson did have fights that went the distance and he prevailed. It's not like all his fights were 1 round KO's and if they went 3 he quit. LOL.

I mean, a lot of what I read nowadays comes from the perspective of someone who was born in the early eighties and just doesn't have a clue about what Tyson was in his prime, cuz they were either in diapers or dayschool when Tyson was in fact the best boxer on the planet.

My Ride
    G35x

^^ 100% Agreed. Tyson in his prime waz unstoppable, and prison robbed him of his talent. Tyson is still my favorite boxer..........crazy mofo.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I still rewatch a lot of classic Tyson fights on the ESPN Classic. For everyone that's never seen Tyson in his prime, I suggest you tune in to some of those fights.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

tyson is still the man, but he shouldnt be boxing

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-14-2020 at 01:23 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast