Quantcast
Whats everyone's favourite beer? - Page 13 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Whats everyone's favourite beer?

Thought I'd post up a few more beers I recommend and my thoughts for those interested in trying some more interesting beers:

St. Ambrosie Apricot - Very similar to Alley Cat's Aprikat, but different enough that you should try both. The St.Ambrosie is a wheat ale, so the fruity apricot taste fits in naturally. I liked it better than Aprikat which is filtered.

MTL - This is from a Montreal brewery hence the name. It's perhaps the easiest to drink beer I've ever had. A chugger's dream haha. It has absolutely ZERO after taste for those who don't like that. It's like the palette cleanser of beers. It's slightly strange to drink in that respect, but in a very good way.

Leifmans Fruitbier - Just another good Belgian fruity beer. Basically tastes like liquid strawberries. Good dessert beer, or for the ladies.

LaChouffe - Unfiltered blonde beer, very nice to drink. Tastes kind of fruity and spicy. If you just want some good, standard beer without buying the same old stuff you always do, pick up some of this.

Redstripe - Not a lot to say about this one. Just a good solid beer. Anyone who likes beer in general will like this stuff. It's Jamaican.

Australian Mountain Pepper Berry - An awesome beer. VERY Distinct tastes of berries and also pepper. I loved the combination. Definitely a good nursing beer with lots of flavor but not too heavy.

Cannery Brewing Maple Stout - I'm not typically a fan of the really heavy beers but I liked this one. It's like drinking maple syrup, the flavor is very prevalent. The sweetness takes away all the bitterness typically associated with the heavier/darker beers. Not something you would want to enter a chugging contest with haha, but extremely delicious. I'd probably drink this over about 20min.

Czech Mate Lager Beer - This was another plain and simple good solid beer. Anyone who likes beer would like one of these. The Czech know how to make a beer, they are one of the highest beer consumers per capita in the world.

Pumphouse Blueberry Ale - A lighter beer with a strong blueberry flavor. Even people who don't typically like beer will probably like this one.

Hitachino Nest White Ale - This is one of my favorite white beers. If you like Hoegaarden, you will like this one. The creator went to Belgium to learn how to make a good white beer, then went back to Japan to start brewing this stuff.

Willow Park carries every single beer mentioned here if anyone is interested in trying some. I'm not sure about other liquor stores.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 11-11-2010 at 05:34 PM.

Originally posted by Sil80_D
    Hey Mitsu, if you were to pick one import, which would it be? (don't know if you've posted this, and I'm too tired to search 12 pages right now)

I've only dabbed into imports... specifically belgian and german beers... pretty tasty I must say.
    OK so if I had to pick one German beer, it would be Schneider Weisse Hefe-Weizenbier. The stuff is just amazing, it blows my mind. It's even better than Erdinger which is the benchmark for a lot of people. This is all just my opinion of course, but you've got to try this stuff .

My Ride
    Bicycle

Picked up 6/9 beers on that list and one that was not. I didn't wanna buy all of them yet hahah cause two came in 4 packs.
    Drinking the one that was not on the list right now called Edelweisse, it's Austrian and quite the sweet wheat beer. Not bad.

Originally posted by LongCity
    Picked up 6/9 beers on that list and one that was not. I didn't wanna buy all of them yet hahah cause two came in 4 packs.
    Drinking the one that was not on the list right now called Edelweisse, it's Austrian and quite the sweet wheat beer. Not bad.
    Lol I know what you mean....Every time I go into willow park with the intention of buying a 6 pack it costs me $100

My Ride
    Bicycle

Also bought the Liefmans Fruitbier for the girlf tonight and tried a bit. Very tasty but might as well drink a raspberry soda. Although it had 4.2% alcohol, it was absent to the taste. 10X better than a cooler though.

Also bought the Liefmans Fruitbier for the girlf tonight and tried a bit. Very tasty but might as well drink a raspberry soda. Although it had 4.2% alcohol, it was absent to the taste. 10X better than a cooler though.
    Yeah it's definitely meant as a dessert beer or similar, not something you would drink 10 of - that's for sure.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Hitachino Nest White Ale was quite pricy ($9/bottle) albeit it was quite a big bottle. I'll pick that up next time along with the ones that only come in 4 packs. I kept hearing "Dave the Beer Guy" while I was there. Anyone ever meet the guy?

Hitachino Nest White Ale was quite pricy ($9/bottle) albeit it was quite a big bottle. I'll pick that up next time along with the ones that only come in 4 packs. I kept hearing "Dave the Beer Guy" while I was there. Anyone ever meet the guy?
    Yeah it's the guy with the beard halfway down this page:

http://www.willowpark.net/ourExperts.htm

He's their beer expert/manager and he knows his stuff. Good guy too. I've talked to him for quite a while. Willow Park has sent him to Belgium among other places to visit breweries and learn as much as he can.

My Ride
    '16 Tacoma TRD Sport

Hitachino Nest Red Rice Ale is very good also.

Also Dave is awesome, I've had the pleasure of talking to him a number of times over the past few years. If you're interested in Japanese sake/plum wine, he's quite knowledgeable on that as well.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Just had Ol' Willy Wit and although not a bad beer, it's a little too light tasting and bland (for lack of better words). Considering white/wheat beers are already light, this one is light for a light(er) beer hahah.
    The beer that I picked up randomly (Edelweiss) is probably my favourite so far but it was either Konig Ludwig or Schneider Weisse that's second. I liked the noticeable hint of sweetness.

My Ride
    '16 Tacoma TRD Sport

Konig Ludwig is fantastic. I think I prefer it over the Edinger Edelweiss. It's been a bit too long since i've had either though.

My Ride
    Axis powers

I finally tried Innis and Gunn after searching for it for a few weeks and it's terrible, not sure if I got a bad bottle but yea
    Sig nuked by mod.

Originally posted by adam c
    I finally tried Innis and Gunn after searching for it for a few weeks and it's terrible, not sure if I got a bad bottle but yea
    I find it is an acquired taste. just like guiness or a good scotch. To some people that have acquired a taste for, it is a great beer to sip and enjoy. To many people it tastes like garbage.

For an easier introduction to the Innis and Gunn product line I would suggest their blonde beer.
    jordanturbo is like herpes... Always coming back for more

My Ride
    Whiney '02 WRX

Originally posted by boarderfatty

I find it is an acquired taste. just like guiness or a good scotch. To some people that have acquired a taste for, it is a great beer to sip and enjoy. To many people it tastes like garbage.

For an easier introduction to the Innis and Gunn product line I would suggest their blonde beer.
    Im sure you agree its not worth the pricetag though. Yea its "different" in a decent way, but $4 a small bottle, FUCK that.

My Ride
    06 WRX

Love Innis. lol, if $4 for an Innis is bad, what do you think of bar pricing for the really shitty beers? I have no problem with the pricetag. You can't really expect a process like that to churn out a beer anywhere near Budweiser price territory. It's not really a beer you'll drink 6 or 12 of in a night either, which I assume is why it's sold in singles.

I've found Innis and Gunn to be pretty easy drinking for being a stronger beer. Have introduced a number of lighter beer drinkers to it, and the vast majority have really enjoyed the taste.

The new limited edition highland cask is quite good, although the original is still my favorite, with the rye cask coming in second. Have never liked the Blonde for some reason.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

OK so if I had to pick one German beer, it would be Schneider Weisse Hefe-Weizenbier. The stuff is just amazing, it blows my mind. It's even better than Erdinger which is the benchmark for a lot of people. This is all just my opinion of course, but you've got to try this stuff .
    I friggin love Erdinger Dunkel so I better try this one. Is it popular enough to be at a few stores or just Willow Park?
    Ultracrepidarian

Originally posted by Idratherbsidewayz

Im sure you agree its not worth the pricetag though. Yea its "different" in a decent way, but $4 a small bottle, FUCK that.
    I think it is worth the $4 a bottle, even the $9 they charge at most bars. It is not something where I will knock back 10 in am hour to get shit tarded, that is what 40oz's are for. It is something I will sit back with and sip on. I think the unique tasting experience it provides is well worth the additional price. even though it is still a beer, it tastes unlike any other beer out there except for maybe that new Sam Adams that is coming out.
    jordanturbo is like herpes... Always coming back for more

Original Innis & Gunn can be had for 2.39 per bottle at Willow Park. The special versions are more expensive but less than $15 for 6 bottles of a premium beer is reasonable.

I've been enjoying the Granville Island Winter Beer and Innis and Gunn Rum Cask lately.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by QuasarCav
    Original Innis & Gunn can be had for 2.39 per bottle at Willow Park. The special versions are more expensive but less than $15 for 6 bottles of a premium beer is reasonable.
    considering i paid $18 for a 6 pack of hoegaarden last week i would say, damn good deal! didnt know it was that cheap at willow park though... must remember that next time im down there

i have been diggin all the unibroue beers lately, and at $5.50 for a 9% beer that is 750ml its a pretty good deal for a unique premium beer

My Ride
    '16 Tacoma TRD Sport

Originally posted by ercchry

considering i paid $18 for a 6 pack of hoegaarden last week i would say, damn good deal! didnt know it was that cheap at willow park though... must remember that next time im down there

i have been diggin all the unibroue beers lately, and at $5.50 for a 9% beer that is 750ml its a pretty good deal for a unique premium beer
    $18 for a 6pack of hoe? damn.. where did you buy that from? I think the highest I've seen it is $14.

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast