Quantcast
Driving without hood and bumper cover legal? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Driving without hood and bumper cover legal?

My Ride
    00 Honda CR-V, 02 IS300

Question Driving without hood and bumper cover legal?

I have to move a front end damaged vehicle to the body shop for repairs. I was wondering if I bolted on the new headlight assemblies, would it be legal to drive without the plastic bumper and hood to the body shop? I've seen cars without hoods on the road before, but I'm not sure if its legal. The car runs perfect, so towing it would be a waste of time and money. If anyone knows the answer to these questions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by CivicDXR; 06-22-2005 at 09:31 AM.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

sure, why not? Try it and let us know

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

I am 99% sure that as long as you have a rebar up front, its legal to drive without the bumper (done it, saw the cops but never stopped) . Hood... I'm not sure.

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Without the bumper cver the Police can give you a hard time Rich. But as long as the re-bar is there no tickets can come of it. (the ticket is VERY easily fought in court if it comes to that). As for the hood, you can drive without your hood its not that bad of an offense. Plus it's only to the bodyshop, not like it is gonna be that way all summer...I lokked into the hood thing because I was curious about that as well.
    ...@therealarifjina...

My Ride
    2002 Acura 1.7EL

Do you have to drive it a long distance? Just drive the car over and drop it off at the body shop at night.

My Ride
    2008 BBP Accord Coupe

Its probably a ticketable offence, but if you explained your situation if you even got pulled over, they would probably let it slide..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague.”
    —Cicero, Roman statesman and lawyer

My Ride
    Subaru GR

bumper cover, yes you can drive w/o one. It doesn't serve much in terms of safety and crash protection. As for the hood...I say fuck it, explain the situation if necessary.
    Psalm 144(1): Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

My Ride
    4Runner Trail Edition

You should drive without a hood on or a bumper cover.
    Think of how cool your engine will be right after.
    I've driven without my hood on before and I've seen a couple cop cars, they didnt hassle me.

My Ride
    Sentra

the bumper cover is just that a cover, its not needed. i have also driven for a day without a hood, didnt get any hassle

My Ride
    explorer

you can drive without a hood aswell as a bumper cover just make sure you have a rebar

I drove around without a bumper for like a week with no problems.

~Braden

Barlow is offline I was under probation for 2 years

i drove with out a bumper and a rebar, pass cops, stopped in front of cops at a set of lights that weren't working so they were playing red light green light, didnlt give me ne trouble, i also drove with out mirrors, which i know is illegal cause my car was vandelized (sp) and the cops told me it was illegal, but also told me if i explained my situation that the cop should look the other way, but yes cops aren';t as much of asses as most of us think

most of them are understanding

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

Originally posted by Barlow
    i drove with out a bumper and a rebar, pass cops, stopped in front of cops at a set of lights that weren't working so they were playing red light green light, didnlt give me ne trouble, i also drove with out mirrors, which i know is illegal cause my car was vandelized (sp) and the cops told me it was illegal, but also told me if i explained my situation that the cop should look the other way, but yes cops aren';t as much of asses as most of us think

most of them are understanding
    haha ya that was quite the look you had going for a cpl days lol dam kids vandalize a car for no reason

My Ride
    01 330i

Hate to bump an old thread, but would you drive on the highway without a hood?
    ie. 110km/h without the hood.
    When you have a thought... let it go.. just let it go and you move ahead of everyone else

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

Tell the body shop you will move it late at night and drive it there late at night assuming you have all the lighting working. Drop the key off...thats what i would do
    Life is a Gamble.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Originally posted by bubbley
    Tell the body shop you will move it late at night and drive it there late at night assuming you have all the lighting working. Drop the key off...thats what i would do
    Not to rub it in, thread is a few years old...

Originally posted by Senseiz
    Hate to bump an old thread, but would you drive on the highway without a hood?
    ie. 110km/h without the hood.
    Personally no. I have done it, but rather not. i kept on having the vision of something flying out and smacking my windshield. I dont see anything wrong in doing so. Why you asking?

I also wouldn't drive it in the rain without a hood. Too much electrical stuff that could get shorted.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    the ladies crazy!

Note to self: check thread date
    Life is a Gamble.

My Ride
    01 330i

Originally posted by Tomaz

Personally no. I have done it, but rather not. i kept on having the vision of something flying out and smacking my windshield. I dont see anything wrong in doing so. Why you asking?

I also wouldn't drive it in the rain without a hood. Too much electrical stuff that could get shorted.
    I want to get a new hood. It is cheaper to ship in within the US to the sweetgrass border crossing. Drive down there and pick it up. It is quite the problem when I dont have a truck, suv or van. I was thinking of just removing the hood at home, drive there, install it and drive back up. It is a lengthy drive though.

Of course I Would do this when the weather is bright and sunny.
    When you have a thought... let it go.. just let it go and you move ahead of everyone else

I want to get a new hood. It is cheaper to ship in within the US to the sweetgrass border crossing. Drive down there and pick it up. It is quite the problem when I dont have a truck, suv or van. I was thinking of just removing the hood at home, drive there, install it and drive back up. It is a lengthy drive though.

would u actually be crossing the border in this hoodless beast, or just walk up to the gate somehow?

if driving you may have some trouble explaining to the border crossing
    Originally posted by Modelexis
    If I have questions about my phone bill, I don't post it on beyond, I call telus.
    Originally posted by D911
    worst part is definitely when the dudes smacking it with his dick like that inside out anus owes his dick some money.
    the crap you find when you dig through ask leo

If you're talking about something in Carbon Fibre, don't assume it's going to fit without modification. And zipping on a CF hood and then hitting the highway first thing without knowing if it's fitted right - and without hood pins is a great way to smash out your windshield. Now you have roof damage, no windshield and no new hood and you're stuck in some town overnight and have to pay for a hotel AND a tow. Not a great plan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast