Quantcast
Blue Jays Discussion Thread - Page 40 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Jays Discussion Thread

My Ride
    99 Blazer

I read something about docs elbow getting cleaned up as well, it seemed kinda sarcastic, I wasnt sure I just read it quickly.......
    Anyways I like the jays because they remind me of my ball team.. Great/ good off season aquisitions, and an okay start, then the true colors come out and it is the same thing we have seen since-???? I dunno game 6 of the 93 world series......
    I say and as much of a Wells/Halliday fan I am blow the thing up, top to bottom and see if it can be turned around.....

And what the hell if that doesnt work keep throwing money at washed up pitchers/Dhs, and other odds and ends and maybe one year we will get lucky and outspend errrrr win more than the other teams in arguably the best division in baseball.

My Ride
    Civic, MDX

Things are looking up... still 12 games out of first, haha, but hey back to back wins is a good start.

And Aaron Hill stealing HOME, are you freaking kidding me???! Incredible.
    Originally posted by t_soarer
    ....can anyone say "retarted"?
    Originally posted by leftwing
    no more retarted 18 year old girls who fail out.
    Originally posted by benyl
    The english language is retarted...
    Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
    Stanced cars look retarted anyways.

My Ride
    w163

^ that was sick...

I hope when Halladay is back they keep Marcum/McGowan in the rotation....

My Ride

Did anyone catch the Jays/Yankees game tonight?

Man if everyone didnt hate A-Rod he's given us some more reasons.

From Rotoworld...

Alex Rodriguez, apparently not satisfied with one controversy on the day, nearly traded blows with the Blue Jays' John McDonald and Howie Clark after apparently calling for a flyball while running the basepaths in the ninth inning Wednesday.

With the Yankees already up by two, A-Rod, running from first to third, seemingly called for the ball while in position behind the third baseman. The third baseman, who had an easy catch lined up, moved off the ball, apparently thinking the shortstop was going to catch it. It ended up dropping. giving Jorge Posada a free RBI single. There wasn't any video evidence that A-Rod actually made the call, but nothing else would have gotten the Jays upset. Manager John Gibbons came out on the field, and after play was set to resume, catcher Jason Phillips apparently said something to Jason Giambi at the plate. Fortunately, the series between the two teams came to an end tonight. If A-Rod had to bat again, the Jays surely would have thrown at him.

To make matters worse, this is the day after he gets caught on the front page of the NY times going into his hotel room with a hot blonde that is not his wife.

I wonder if when he gets home from this road trip his wife will be waiting with this in her hand wanting an explaination:
    http://www.nypost.com/seven/05302007...ront053007.jpg
    Last edited by 5hift; 05-30-2007 at 09:22 PM.

My Ride
    02 TL1000R, 14 F150 FX4, 11 XKR 175

It was bullshit, but I am not surprised. A-rod has done this sort of stuff before, i.e. the Yankee - Red Sox playoff series from a few years back.

And what are they talking about "no video evidence". Sportsnet replayed it like 3 times after he did it and you could clearly see that he yelled something. To me it looked like he yelled "mine" or something similar.

My Ride

Yeah thats exactly what he yelled I saw it live. He mimiced the call that the SS would nomrally do to get the 3B to back off.

In the RedSox playoff series a few years back he tried to punch the 1B to knock the ball lose to prevent getting tagged.

My Ride
    02 TL1000R, 14 F150 FX4, 11 XKR 175

I was watchin the game live too. I thought there might have been a chance the Jays would have beaned the next batter if it wasn't a rook on the mound. I could have seen BJ doing it.

If I remember from the playoff series correctly he tried to punch the glove hand of the 1B.

My Ride
    w163

whatever, im a blue jays fan and all but im sure that kind of stuff goes on all the time...a-rod can tend to be kind of an idiot sometimes though...

My Ride
    Civic, MDX

I love his explanation for it after the game...

"I was just excited going around 3rd and yelled Haa!"

Tool

But ya why not just admit you were trying to make him miss the ball, obviously it worked, and yeah of course its gonna piss the other team off but if it gives you an advantage then why not.
    Originally posted by t_soarer
    ....can anyone say "retarted"?
    Originally posted by leftwing
    no more retarted 18 year old girls who fail out.
    Originally posted by benyl
    The english language is retarted...
    Originally posted by Maxx Mazda
    Stanced cars look retarted anyways.

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

i hate a-rod, he's a fucking douchebag

My Ride

They lost a close one today in extra innings but the Jays are looking pretty good right now.

Vernon got his swing back and we got two quality pitchers (McGowan/Marcum) who emerged from nowhere, and with AJ due back soon the rotation is looking good.

Halladay
    Burnett
    McGowan
    Marcum
    Chacin (whenever he comes back)

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

ya heartbreaker tonight, thomas is still a useless buttplug, vernon is SLOWLY swinging the bat better, but the pitching has been very good lately. good signs

My Ride

Thomas useless? Today he was cold but he has been carrying our offence in some of these games during our hot streak.

The only frustrating thing for me is knowing that despite this good play, we have a slim chance to catch Boston for the AL East crown, and in the wild card we'll have to battle either Cleveland or Detroit for a chance to sneak in.

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

true, he's had a good week or so, but he'll have to do alot more than just play decent for a week for me to not consider him horrible to this point. hopefully we can go on a little hot streak and pass over a couple teams in the wild card chase. the east crown would be really tough to get to unless boston totally collapses, and new york continues to suck

My Ride
    w163

McGowan, didnt really come from nowhere...he was/has been the bluejays highest ranked prospect for a while now.

He was just grossly underachieving! lol

Glad to see Vernon get that avg. up to .250 finally

I hope Rios keeps hitting third for a while until Vernon is back up to.280 or so, instead of Tubby Stairs.

My Ride

The Blue Jays had a pretty good series against the Indians. They just need to keep focusing on winning series. Towers looks like he's back to his old self which the rotation really needs, but I'll see how he does against Boston after the break before I get too excited. Accardo in the 9th is awesome. He makes a mistake pitch here and there, but seems to be able to strike out guys at will when it counts most. I think he'll be better than BJ by next year as his pitches are already more overpowering than Ryan's and he just needs some more experience/grooming.

I agree with JP in ripping AJ Burnett. It gets to a point where it is unacceptable for the team when they are paying this guy a ton of money and he is throwing scared and always complaining of arm pain. If your hurt, you and your agent should not have fronted like you were fully healed when you got signed for the 50 million plus. Suck it up and play. That said, I dont get why Gibbons lets AJ's pitch count go over 100 regularily when we all know how fragile he is.

My Ride
    w163

Nice to see Josh have a good outing, too bad he couldnt get the win. Gibbons makes countless questionable decisions and really isnt the fan favourite.

As for JP, I think its fine for him to calll out players who are not permoning ( like he did last year with the 3-4-5 hitters), but not due to injury. JP's the guy who signed him in the first place! lol should have used DD, not to mention all those other usless players he signed this year (Victor Zambrano, John Thompson, Royce Clayton)

Its nice to see a jay in the HR derby, Ill be sure to watch Rios tonight. The guy is far outplaying Vernon too.

My Ride

I agree with you on Gibbons ... there are so many times when I dont get what he is thinking (or even understand that deep south talk he has going on).

JP shouldnt have signed AJ, but during that period besides Halladay we had no one and the free agent market was pretty bleak. Besides AJ was the one adverstising himself as healthy. I get what you mean about JP having a thing for guys coming off Tommy John though (Burneet, Zambrano, Thompson).

The last thing I wanted to see was Rios in the HR Derby, all that does is mess with the players swings. Half the guys who partake in this go into second half slumps so I hope Rios gets knocked out early.

My Ride
    w163

Originally posted by 5hift

The last thing I wanted to see was Rios in the HR Derby, all that does is mess with the players swings. Half the guys who partake in this go into second half slumps so I hope Rios gets knocked out early.
    LOL, I keep hearing that everywhere. Good on him though, looks like he will turn out better than Wells.

Personally, I like AJ, hes a solid competitor with sick stuff, and for some reason am still willing to give him a chance.

For the money pitchers are asking/getting these days, I would much rather have a 1/2 healthy Burnett instead of Ted Lilly or Gil Meche (personally). And thats not to say hes going to be injured forever (lol I would still be ok with it if he only made 20 starts though)

My Ride
    the ho train

Stairs should be in the HR derby, he has such a beauty homerun swing, and his playing time will be cut down now that johnsons back. As for burnett, guy should be a stud with how good his pitches are, but he'll never be better than a .500 pitcher.

Page 40 of 42 FirstFirst ... 30 39 40 41 ... LastLast